Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

It's about time

+1 to be moved to suggestions..

unsure why she posts all "blog", influencer posts and personal experiences in town square, at this point I am starting to believe she haven't seen other thread sections on forums, all posts get dumped in what used to be more important section

12 minutes ago, Tor said:

This is sounding pretty arrogant, i feel like most people in general that are in for this kind of connection is for the sake of freedom of play where they want and not for the sake to interact with you or any other special snowflakes  that like to over estimate their relevance, in specific. Of course voice of players on SFI matters as well and will be considered before any connection is made, i am sure.

Spoken like a possible PvP player lol

2 minutes ago, Loneshade said:

perhaps only stand to lose players that are against this.

why would we loose players that are against a merge ?

Cant they just keep on playing on NFI like they do now ?

At the bare minimum have a vote on NFI alone (if you want), like it was done on Pristine/Release back when they were a separate cluster.

My gut is telling me that the vast majority of players would enjoy and benefit a merge (more places to explore, more people to know, more events to partake to, generally more options for anything, plus cheaper prices and wider access for most items).

The only people who would not benefit from it would be the very few uber traders that monopolized the market on NFI and are selling their wares at inflated prices compared with SFI. The problem is that they're usually also the most active players on the forums, so they sound  like they're a majority, when, instead, they're just a vocal minority.

Have a vote and see for real what the (silent) majority of players wishes.

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Maiya said:

why would we loose players that are against a merge ?

Cant they just keep on playing on NFI like they do now ?

They could however, if against this and it in someway disrupts the enjoyment of the game for them. Then I can only presume that they would quit playing. Disruptions could be in many forms and only the player would know the exact part of the game play it might change for them, economy, less open deed areas etc. I however have not been blind to see that there are not many new players anyway and most players that exist on the servers are the same just different accounts.

There is precedent you know?

An official poll was held asking player opinion on the matter for the Release/Pristine merge.

Of course, this was also back when wurm's population was much much higher, and the results were less liable to be skewed by a vocal minority on the forums.

• Like 4

I live on Melody and would love to see a merger between SFI and NFI! 

A lot of players came from SFI to NFI to capture the higher prices of a fresh, new market and leaving their SFI accounts mothball.  I hear NFI merchants say that it will decimate the economy with low priced goods from SFI, but I don't believe it.  There may very well be a flood of cheap goods enter the market from SFI for 2-3 months, but eventually a balance will be found where NFI prices drop and SFI prices rise, creating a stable market.

Also, a greater universe to explore, build and live should attract more players to the game versus having them choose between south lands and north lands and keeping them isolated.

The only negative for me would be that if you merge north and south, create larger gatherings, the lag issues that many players experience must be fixed.  

• Like 3

Yep, was about to reply something similar, i think a petition is not the best idea to address this.

A poll would be better, also we might need some good ideas to address the clashing of the two markets.

I would be more concerned about existing items, than skills.

And lol, also that, we once had a red dragon with over 600 logged accounts in nfi, i can only imagine if we had both clusters able to attend.

Edited by Davih

Again is a merger in the benefit of the owners bottom line?

If it is not, why would it be a consideration? You can generally expect people and corporations (especially) to do what is in their best financial interest.

People can only speak for themselves, unless the person got the authorization from the other person or having the (agree/disagree) statistics from all players which no one is doing this large research. 

I agree if the merge meet with some conditions which i have mentioned in this post Not when. But how. SFI+NFI merging. As i know economy is an important factor which u guys also have mentioned here. Also there are not just the SFI and NFI people, there are PVE and PVP people.

I disagree the merge if it merges like the pristine, release, xanadu to the older SFI.

Could u define me as a agreer or disagreer? 

Edited by Coach

No, I do not like the idea of a merge. I played on SFI for years, left WO and played WU, came back when NFI was launched and have been playing 10+ hours a day here on NFI since then, a year and half later. There are many people who do not want to play on SFI, it is one of the reasons we started over on NFI or for many new players they only know NFI and don't have an interest in SFI. If I wanted to play on SFI I would have gone back to SFI and continued there.

The idea that NFI is mostly old SFI players with mothballed accounts on SFI is absurd. Being active in the market and trading, I cannot begin to tell you how many new players I have come across. Yes they are Steam players, but that was the whole point of Steam, to get more paying customers. I can tell you that I know more true new players on NFI then I do old SFI players playing on NFI.

I like how some people here speak for others. Saying that majority would want this or that is absurd. None of us even know majority of players, not even close. Not everybody uses forum or is social.

I think there are advantanges a merge would bring, such as exploring mentioned above, but I can only imagine, what this would do to the current economy. SFI players had a years long opportunity to hoard thousands on items, rares and beyond. Never mind the skill disparity and likely lag issues. I am personally torn on the idea.

• Like 1

No thanks, has already been said recently there's no plan to anytime soon anyways.

2 hours ago, Baeowulf said:

It's not time. I don't feel it will ever be time, in the near future at least. The majority of NFI agrees as well, and I feel like our voices are the ones that matter, not anyone on SFI.

If you really wanted to play with friends, just do what we all had to do: Create a new account

Um not that I care when/if they merge. But isn't the op a NFI player? Soon thier voice is what counts?

3 hours ago, Baeowulf said:

The majority of NFI agrees as well, and I feel like our voices are the ones that matter, not anyone on SFI.

Do they now? The majority on either cluster doesn't bother to even voice their opinion, that's how it is in any game, that's where "silent majority" and "vocal minority" come from.

Let the devs run an in game poll first before you make baseless claims such as these.

• Like 5

Nope! I don't ever want them merged. From what I've seen of the NFI players since the steam launch, they're not generally the type of people I want crawling all over SFI. If they want to come here so bad, let them make a new toon and spawn here. I'm far enough away from a starter town that hopefully they learn some manners before they show up in my peaceful, tranquil spot.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Baeowulf said:

The majority of NFI agrees as well, and I feel like our voices are the ones that matter, not anyone on SFI.

That there is part of the attitude that drove me from NFI.

I used to be fairly firmly of the belief that some of kind of connection, or maybe emigration, should be implemented, but in my experience there is an overall sense of entitlement in NFI that I don't see in SFI and a sense of co-operation in SFI that I didn't see in NFI.  That gives me misgivings.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Baeowulf said:

telling me I'm not relevant ... isn't rude?

Self-reflect for bit and maybe you will see where you told all SFI players that they are not relevant.

Your inciting post was arrogant and rude.  Granted there wasn't name calling, but it was pretty on the nose.

EDIT:  And you're a chat moderator?

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

I'm just against the use of a change.org petition when there's already a system here. It belies a failure to understand the process for debate, because there's pros and cons. 

Also nfi people are smelly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Archaed said:

I'm just against the use of a change.org petition when there's already a system here. It belies a failure to understand the process for debate, because there's pros and cons. 

Also nfi people are smelly 

Actually the idea behind using change.org for petition was a loong shot that if it gets enouhg traction it can eventually make it to the game news sites and also generate more exposure to the game.

A long shot indeed (and apparently one that did failed), but I thought it's worth at least trying.

52 minutes ago, Bloodreina said:

Actually the idea behind using change.org for petition was a loong shot that if it gets enouhg traction it can eventually make it to the game news sites and also generate more exposure to the game.

A long shot indeed (and apparently one that did failed), but I thought it's worth at least trying.

That's not how change.org works, and I don't think aiming for external negative pressure is a good way to go about anything. 

Also, aren't you retired? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

That there is part of the attitude that drove me from NFI.

I used to be fairly firmly of the belief that some of kind of connection, or maybe emigration, should be implemented, but in my experience there is an overall sense of entitlement in NFI that I don't see in SFI and a sense of co-operation in SFI that I didn't see in NFI.  NFI.  That gives me misgivings.

The longer they wait the worse this difference will become. And the difference is real.
I only log in on NFI to pay my upkeeps.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cecci said:

I only log in on NFI to pay my upkeeps.

I sold my deed, and the last time I was on I loaded whatever I really wanted into inventory.  If/when a connection is implemented, I will probably bring that character to SFI, but until then it sits idle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

That's not how change.org works, and I don't think aiming for external negative pressure is a good way to go about anything. 

I think that is a generational thing. Some achieve change through leading it, some through persuasion, and some through pressure.