Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

It's about time

It's about time to merge NFI and SFI islands so we can be one crew (wonkru) community once again and allow us to interact with all our friends, no matter where they live in the Wurm World.

Sign the petition that I started on Change.org today!

Link: https://chng.it/zQWG7mHS68

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

They don't care about that.

They are going to keep them separated as long someone out there is able to still sell overpriced items

• Like 3

Honestly not sure how I feel about it tbh, I think the compramise I'd like to see is the economies being kept seperate but access between the islands being possible for the sake of exploration.

• Like 1

Prehaps the option to teleport characters over with no items via the spawns?

Could even included a charge to prevent abuse 

While i miss my old mains i know from experience completely opening the borders will just trash all semblance of an economy we have

Edited by Crack
  • Like 3

WO management is undoubtably more concerned with premium headcount. 

Is there a case to support increased population from combining the servers?

Do the players in the north have an economy with a lot of 90+ skill traders? 

if so, sure.

Else, it would only damage their economy, the competition wouldn't be fair.

I like how people might think that a petition on a 3rd party website has any weight here.

Also:

zGOaIGw.png

Edited by Locath

11 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

I don't think its time.

Lets wait another 3-4 years.

Adding more dead servers to old freedom? Hard pass

• Like 2

Some backstory:
Southern Freedom Islands, formerly Freedom servers cluster 1, 2, 3

The original Freedom server was Independence (Founded June 17th 2009). 
The second one was Deliverance (Founded September 7th 2011), which is situated to the south of Independence. 
This was followed by Exodus (Founded September 15th 2011), to the south of Deliverance. 
The old Wild server became the fourth server to join Freedom. 
It is now known as the Chaos server (Founded May 5th 2007) and can be accessed by sailing across the west border of any of the three servers above. However, sailing back east across the border from Chaos will only take you to Deliverance. 
Later, Celebration (Founded May 31st 2012) was added to the south of Exodus.

All of the freedom clusters were connected when Xanadu (Founded June 3rd 2014) was opened to the east of this cluster.

Freedom servers cluster 2

This was a new cluster starting with Pristine (Founded Dec 12th 2012) at the official release of Wurm Online 1.0 which wasn't connected to freedom cluster 1 for one and a half years in order to provide that total newbie feeling.
The second server in this cluster was Release (Founded Dec 18th 2012), which is situated to the southern border of Pristine. Sailing west from either of these servers leads you to Xanadu.

Freedom servers cluster 3
The new Freedom server of Xanadu (Founded June 3rd 2014) was isolated from the other servers for a few weeks. After that, it was connected to freedom cluster 1 to the west and freedom cluster 2 to the east. Sailing west from Xanadu leads you to Deliverance and sailing east from Xanadu leads you to Release

Chaos server
The Chaos (Founded May 5th 2007) server is a PvP enabled Freedom cluster server. It can be access by sailing west from Independence, Deliverance, or Exodus.Sailing back east to Deliverance will put you back in the Freedom Isles kingdom, while returning to Chaos will put you back to whatever kingdom you were in when you left. 

Epic Islands
The Epic islands are made up of 4 different islands, arranged in a T-shaped pattern. These are all PVP servers.The Epic cluster is affected by The Curve, a skill gain formula that can allow new players to catch up to older players.

Northern Freedom Isles
The Northern Freedom Isles are the newest servers, consisting of three PVE servers (Harmony Founded July 24th 2020, Melody Founded July 26th 2020, and Cadence Founded August 21st 2020) and one PVP server (Defiance Founded July 24th 2020 ). These servers are currently cut off from all other servers in Wurm to allow for new players to grow and skill together. Normal Freedom/PVE rules apply on the PVE servers, but Defiance has its own PVP rule set.

Jackal
The Jackal server Founded August 30th 2019 is a seasonal server that refreshes with new challenges and closes to be wiped and restarted after those challenges are met

Conclusion:

Chaos server (Founded May 5th 2007)

Independence (Founded June 17th 2009)
Deliverance (Founded September 7th 2011)
Exodus (Founded September 15th 2011)
Celebration (Founded May 31st 2012)

Pristine (Founded Dec 12th 2012) wasn't connected to freedom cluster 1 for one and a half years
Release (Founded Dec 18th 2012) wasn't connected to freedom cluster 1 for one and a half years
Xanadu (Founded June 3rd 2014) was isolated from the other servers for a few weeks

Harmony (Founded July 24th 2020) server are currently cut off from all other servers 
Melody (Founded July 26th 2020) server are currently cut off from all other servers 
Cadence (Founded August 21st 2020) server are currently cut off from all other servers 
Defiance (Founded July 24th 2020) server are currently cut off from all other servers 

There is no reson that Northern Freedom Isles is going to be cut of from all other servers longer then any of the other servers been. 

So now is the right time to connect Northern Freedom Isles with rest of all servers  

• Like 7

Just now, Blazecraze said:

but thewejweiwe steam!

Has nothing with anything to do, we all play on same servers, so let us be able to meet all too. 

And for the owner its good to connect too,  

the longer player are able to keep high price  on items, the less money the owner sell from shop. 

Since if player got silver they dont need to buy new silver in shop :) 

It's not time. I don't feel it will ever be time, in the near future at least. The majority of NFI agrees as well, and I feel like our voices are the ones that matter, not anyone on SFI.

If you really wanted to play with friends, just do what we all had to do: Create a new account

EDIT: This was an arrogant thing to say, and I apologize. Everyone does have an equal voice, that's only fair. We all have some very strong opinions on this (including me!) :) I was too hasty and didn't formulate something more eloquent to say, I'm afraid.

Edited by Baeowulf
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Baeowulf said:

It's not time. I don't feel it will ever be time, in the near future at least. The majority of NFI agrees as well, and I feel like our voices are the ones that matter, not anyone on SFI.

If you really wanted to play with friends, just do what we all had to do: Create a new account

This is sounding pretty arrogant, i feel like most people in general that are in for this kind of connection is for the sake of freedom of play where they want and not for the sake to interact with you or any other special snowflakes  that like to over estimate their relevance, in specific. Of course voice of players on SFI matters as well and will be considered before any connection is made, i am sure.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tor said:

This is sounding pretty arrogant, i feel like most people in general that are in for this kind of connection is for the sake of freedom of play where they want and not for the sake to interact with you or any other special snowflakes  that like to over estimate their relevance, in specific. Of course voice of players on SFI matters as well and will be considered before any connection is made, i am sure.

There is no need to be rude. Snowflake? Really?

Just now, Baeowulf said:

There is no need to be rude. Snowflake? Really?

I wasn't even trying to be rude.

Just now, Tor said:

I wasn't even trying to be rude.

So insulting me by calling me names and telling me I'm not relevant (despite being one of the largest tool merchants on NFI) isn't rude?

If you don't think that's rude then you can stay isolated in SFI forever for all I care. I would not want you a part of my cluster.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baeowulf said:

I already made a new account, Im Dessie  on NFI :) and I played on NFI from start and on SFI since 2008 

Would be really fun to know how many of us on NFI is really SFI players and how many on NFI that is really new players 

But guess those that know dont want us to know :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baeowulf said:

So insulting me by calling me names and telling me I'm not relevant (despite being one of the largest tool merchants on NFI) isn't rude?

If you don't think that's rude then you can stay isolated in SFI forever for all I care. I would not want you a part of my cluster.

Metaphorically speaking, not name calling. Would you prefer if i referred to you as "my king" or something like that? I am pretty sure you are such a big deal in wurm and you are in charge of who is allowed to play on NFI and who not.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I tend to like it just fine being only NFI, had I wanted to play on SFI I would have created my account on SFI. A merger will not create any new player accounts ( maybe more alts...like many of ya need that.. :) ) and perhaps only stand to lose players that are against this.

• Like 2

now now dont destroy this so it will be closed 

please take your dispute to pm please 

As of the last time it was asked, I forget when, This wasn't something that was even being considered. I believe that it won't happen until the markets kind of match up, or atleast aren't as crazy different as they currently are.