Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2022 (Friend-A-Long)

10 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

VirusMD, GoldFinch, and anyone else affected by this, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. When this happened, I did not have my local tab open, was trying to chat with multiple other players in local via PM to set up spars, and did not see any green pet outline on the 2 whales I attacked. My assumption was that they were random GM spawns, and since I've never actually fought a whale, I wanted to see how difficult they were, and hence attacked them. 

If there were signs protecting them, I am very sorry, as I did not see them; that's absolutely my fault. As soon as I was hit with PMs to stop and a GM freeze at the same time while I was attacking the whales, I stopped, and apologized profusely in local and to Goldfinch in PMs. I greatly appreciate your expansive efforts to run such a huge event and would never intentionally do anything to upset such an event or the administrators therein. 

Again, I am very sorry for killing the whale you guys had apparently taken care of for a while and hope you can forgive me for a terrible misunderstanding.

Thank you for all you do and a fantastic event.

thank you for that, however when you target a cared for or branded creature there are a few indications besides the cared for by on examine, the first and easiest is the fact that in your target reticle a cared for creature will NOT show a picture there.

Cared for animal:

Go40jOX.png

Not cared for

0omytfV.png

when in doubt examine or ask.

Edited by VirusMD
  • Like 1

no i removed that stuff a few hours after the event closed, if you would like i can mail you a paper and filled pen

5 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

As far as drama, was the jar of black ink for guestbook pens stolen, as well? I didn't see it on the last day, but the pens and the papers were still where they should have been. Purely curious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VirusMD said:

Cared for animal:

Go40jOX.png

this is odd, ive had no picture in the window happen on the 'hidden' mobs from the treasure hunt abushes, but i didnt know that this was a thing for cared for animals. learn something new every day i suppose.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Atheline said:

Oh my goodness, Gold!  How did you manage to get so many amazingly good panorama screenies while also running several of the contests and talking to dozens at same time, and never lose your cool?   ... /whispers  Are you a wizard??  :o

Seriously, we all have something to learn from Gold about the proper way to multi-task... I suggest Goldfinch writes a self-help book.  And the first person to read it .. well,  I shall leave tht for the spectator to decide

Aww ty :D so you can go to settings ingame and under Graphics tab - there is a Field of View slider - I have mine quite wide like 100 so I can get better Panorama shots :) And I sure was thankful for my multitasking skills this week - whew! :D was lovely to see you there!

I logged on today to find that whoever runs the Friendship Bay deed had hired 10 spirit templars purely in order to set them KOS on me.

Because I said the word "pathetic"?

[19:41:54] Ajala slain by aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, young Spirit templar

Congratulations! Great event! Anyone who criticises it gets KILLED!

Not at all pathetic.

TEN

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

6 hours ago, QueenOfChaos said:

My first ever impalong. I’ve been playing the game for about a month and getting thrown in the midst of so many strangers in a festival I didn’t quite understand was scary, to say the least. But it was so fun! So many nice and fun people! Many laughs were had, games played, and mobs killed (even if I was mostly just healing myself). Still in awe of how many nice and kind people play this game. Thank you all so much for a wonderful experience!

The moment when you're hooked on Wurm for life. 

Welcome to the family !

• Like 6

6 hours ago, QueenOfChaos said:

My first ever impalong. I’ve been playing the game for about a month and getting thrown in the midst of so many strangers in a festival I didn’t quite understand was scary, to say the least. But it was so fun! So many nice and fun people! Many laughs were had, games played, and mobs killed (even if I was mostly just healing myself). Still in awe of how many nice and kind people play this game. Thank you all so much for a wonderful experience! Big thanks to Virus and Goldfinch and all the other staff for organizing such a great event and keeping us busy with all the fun and interesting games. Thank you to all the GMs for keeping us even more busy with all the mobs with ridiculous names. But mostly, big thank you to all the impers and casters for coming and doing what you do best. Especially thank you Madnath for getting my staff to rare and whoever got my pickaxe to rare, thank you so much! I’ll definitely try to make it next year too.

Ignore the pessimist, just working on there darwin award. A belated welcome to the game, for the most part that's the kind of game wurm is, due to its nicheness, we have a fairly small but dedicated community who just want to have a good time. I hope you had a great time, won some things, got some nice new gear and got like a months worth of fighting accomplished in a few days!

• Like 2

Folks, this is descending rather quickly. Let us keep things on topic and take any of the negativity to PM's. If you have an issue with the Impalong hosts, you're welcome to discuss it with them directly. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, VirusMD said:

KH0oGWF.png

Is that Spacy having a bourbon bath there? (I think it's to everyone's credit that people had a sense of humor about this.)

Shamank - Thanks again for a great event ........ always pumped to be working with other awesome weaponsmiths  ( i love turkish delight too shh ) and a big thanks to staff as well, without you we wouldn't be so well looked after!

A happy snap from event - Vayu visit

ujwznyy.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VirusMD said:

4. Pilfered Coffee.... So maybe this is my fault, a large amphora full of coffee labeled "free for event"  vanished a few days into the event, upon asking locals for Coffee drink and Large amphora pick up logs at least 6 ppl PM'd with logs that clearly showed that Syhl decided to take it on his way out the door upon leaving the event. Nearly 200kg of high q Kahvesi that I bought for everyone. Upon confrontation this person said effectively "oh i thought it was free so i took it" ###### excuse aside it was promptly mailed back to me upon confrontation and returned to the event. So id just like to thank you all for your log diving and diligence. We as a collective event truely do see all, and when something fishy happens there is never a shortage of ppl willing to help make things right!

Just a clarification fot this, the large amphora was ... near docks (near the water fountain) named: "Free coffee impalong" (not "free for the event").

As it was near the boats i though it was coffee leftover from the event so i took it.

Once @VirusMDsent me a PM for this, i instantly sent back this, apologizing for the mistake, in 5mn i've sent it back without drinking 1 gram of it ....

This was my second impalong ever, playing most of the time as an hermit for almost 8years...

The last day i gave all spare tickets on the bay for anyone who wanted i've found in the wishing well for those who didn't find some.

I'm not selfish, not a drama queen neither and everybody knowing me know i'm most of the time offering things to anybody who needs.

I'm not really happy you use the term of "shitty excuse" for something real, next time put the large amphora in the building, name it correctly and no mistake could be made ... but a "Free coffee impalong" large amphora near boats at 1 day before the end of the event really lead to mistake.

You can accuse me of everything but not to steal, really unfair.

Edited by Syhl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Syhl said:

Just a clarification fot this, the large amphora was ... near docks (near the water fountain) named: "Free coffee impalong" (not "free for the event").

As it was near the boats i though it was coffee leftover from the event so i took it.

This area near the water fountain is just a few steps outside the main imping building, where Red's bar was. Which you were absolutely aware of given how drunk you got there. It was the main coffee source for all impers, and when you took it the impalong wasn't over yet.

Since Red packed up a day early I can sort of see how that made you think the remains there were up for grabs, but you really should have thought about that a bit longer, and at least verified it with one of the staff. Giving away the main source of coffee before the event ends doesn't really pass the sniff test.

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

This area near the water fountain is just a few steps outside the main imping building, where Red's bar was. Which you were absolutely aware of given how drunk you got there. It was the main coffee source for all impers, and when you took it the impalong wasn't over yet.

Since Red packed up a day early I can sort of see how that made you think the remains there were up for grabs, but you really should have thought about that a bit longer, and at least verified it with one of the staff. Giving away the main source of coffee before the event ends doesn't really pass the sniff test.

Again i know where Red's bar was but the large amphora was not there (i'm not that stupid) i don't know if/why/who moved it.

I should have checked with staff before taking it, i agree on this point.

EDIT and didn't know it was the main source of coffee as it was not on imp / enchant area neither inside Red's bar area.

Edited by Syhl

New to SFI. This event was so helpful to me. You could tell the days and days of work put into it as well as how hard the imping crew worked. Just to help us and allow us to have a great time. The GM's were amazing and make it so much fun. Next time I'll be in the arena. Just wanted to thank you all. It was just the coolest event ever.  Ty Gold and MD for the perfect set up. :D 

• Like 2

Some impressions from the event:

Hungry Spawn of Uttacha nomming on an FSB

uH4Qcbo.png

Vegetarian Worg

ApFM2wz.png

A true treasure

RcSbW6s.png

Ryoko, the dragon hatchling who surprised us all

iEGAU1W.png

Three GMs at the same time, not an everyday sight

4sXWD1f.png

Edited by Ramilan
  • Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, Jaz said:

Hey must have been the best ever surprise unique fight :D I'm so sad I was not there in time to see the turmoil, any chance someone happened to accidentally record it?

I don't have the time stamp but @Fabricant did tell me he recorded it, perhaps he knows?

On 7/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, Spacy said:

Request for future - the lawn darts needs a viewing stand.  Those who have jumped or are just watching have a hard time seeing the action.  

so noted.... Need a graveyard too!

On 7/24/2022 at 5:12 AM, Furohman said:

DbapVDd.jpg

sign.jpg

Ahhh yes I took a similar pic to use as an example for next year! As I am always fond of saying... Some people don't learn without BEING the lesson.

Pretty sure that horse died in the pen (AOE for the death) and was moved there so the owner could salvage gear.  BUT, if you don't know, still a great example.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spacy said:

Pretty sure that horse died in the pen (AOE for the death) and was moved there so the owner could salvage gear.  BUT, if you don't know, still a great example.

I had to warn someone who shall remain unnamed not to park their horse behind literally that exact same sign. The dead horse wasn't there yet though, perhaps it would have helped.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:42 PM, Goldfinch said:

Aww ty :D so you can go to settings ingame and under Graphics tab - there is a Field of View slider - I have mine quite wide like 100 so I can get better Panorama shots :) And I sure was thankful for my multitasking skills this week - whew! :D was lovely to see you there!

i just saw this and I...I thank yeee!

2. Why idk? maybe she's just an incredibly bitter and spiteful person? Ajala was apparently so upset about a delayed game due to GM's spawning stuff in the arena she felt the need to ###### post the thread stand around in local further ###### talking. When asked to leave first by Shrimpiie, then myself she refused both times, at which point I told her I added her to KOS, she got the event warning I'm sure, and fought and killed several guards so clearly she knew the situation, and continued to hang around and harass us about our attempts to make her leave. Due to the delayed spawning mechanic she just stood around killing them 1 at a time. At that point I had to file a harassment ticket to get a GM to step in and get rid of her, by time a GM responded she had already logged off on deed. I guess she didn't consider how many templars I might have hired  once they had time to all spawn, there were 10 waiting for her when she logged back in and... [10:41:56] Ajala slain by aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, young Spirit templar. I hope 10 at once was enough to occupy your attention I'm sorry 1 guard was so boring, I do my best to keep everyone entertained! Sadly she is now permanently banned from the event for her generally shitty antics and treatment of others. Thoe I do appreciate her as an example of the extent ill go to do preserve the integrity of the event!

A GM contacted me immediately after your 10 templars got me in your lazy second attempt to make an example of me, offering to help me out, apparently desperate to make sure I wasn't traumatized  by your bullying.

I wasn't. 

I still think you're pathetic.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the hard work that went into pulling off such a grand event! My first impalong and it was AMAZING. <3

• Like 1