Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2022 (Friend-A-Long)

33 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

I had so much fun at this event. Despite what someone might be saying, thank you @VirusMDand @Goldfinchfor putting this on and it was an honor to be a Wurm Lord. Impalongs are one of my favorite events in this game and having hosted one myself from the very beginning, they are not easy to put together. So respect out to you two for putting on 5 of them in a row, amazing. 

As mentioned before, impalongs are meant to be fun not a cash grab or somewhere you can come expecting to win a bunch of really cool prizes. The prizes and donations, just like the impings itself, is all donated out of peoples personal stocks and pockets. The events are also held as a way to win prizes and to keep things going. Back when I first started playing impalongs used to be just standing around imping at forge and talking, but over the years event hosts have been super creative in making games and events. I mean Muffin Maddness!?!?! I have literally never heard of this idea and it was an amazing game that I'm sure had a lot of testing as it went flawless. 

With all that being said and without jumping into any sort of undesired discussions; thank you again for such an amazing event and I look forward to the 6th Annual Friend-Along!!!! 

Ty! Next Season on Muffin Madness.... 6 Players, 2 muffins?

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

The impalong was amazing and one of the best I've been to. The local chat was constantly great, lots of amazing people and of course, a massive amount of work done.

The games as always were fantastic, and I want to thank everyone who kept me busy and skilling away. A massive thank you to each person who also helped us clutch some extra silver to keep going higher with the weapons too, without you we'd have been buggered. I'd also like to put out an extra special thank you to those who played with me, against me and just generally helped me and the weaponsmiths out, regardless of what you did. That's the players, the people who gave us the work to do, and the staff members keeping things clear and helping out, keeping things clear and keeping supplies topped up. As always, Virus and Goldfinch show they can do this, and they do it amazingly.

As for what I did, I'll never forget. I made a stupid throne at the forges, embarrassed myself in local via the worlds stupidest innuendo (thanks @ChampagneDragon), improved weapons, slapped people with fish, got punched and kicked a bunch by Alpengeist and Bubbles, and I even managed to kick Enki's rear twice to secure one of the renames I wanted for a while on my cape, and another silly one to come. Kindrashae also was a star to me, helping me get the skin token I wanted, and a massive thank you to the wonderful @Siderealwho managed to get my fancy new dye found and to me stupidly quick (just don't tell her I told you lot, she came to me to give me dyes, realised she left them in the mailbox, came back, opened trade and then realised she had left them in the mailbox again.)

Virus and Gold, it's a wonder to me that during the moments of utter chaos, everything went smoother than I think anyone could expect. I know you've been doing this for a while now, but a massive thank you to you both for keeping things fun and engaging for us all. You've both been amazing to all of us who attended.

Only one supreme and two rare weapons done this year. I'll be trying harder next time. So, see you next year.

• Like 12

Sheesh I'm gonna cry (golden tears ofc). It was my privilege and pleasure to help Virus out as much as I did this year, all the praise really goes to him!!!  Was really nice to get to know some of you better, and thank you again for your hilarity and support of my favorite event, fishslapping :) Warmed my heart to see so many getting into it, day after day! Best fish puns ever @Sidereal and her new apprentice @Maelstromm lol! Will be posting screenshots soon!!

• Like 5

Just wanted to say thanks again! It was my first year going and it was super fun! 

My favorite event was the horse racing ❤️ Thank you for having horses already ready so anyone could participate, that was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Laughs were had, bricks were cut.

It was a good time, my chisel, bricks and I will be there next year.

3 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

Laughs were had, bricks were cut.

It was a good time, my chisel, bricks and I will be there next year.

how many bricks were cut? o.- *checks your post from last year*

Just wanted to say Thank You for the fun and good times.  

I brought a salvaged saddle that I was going to imp up in case there was no LW, ended up having a ton of LW and got almost 4 points in it on day 1, then went to bed and came back and the saddle was supreme!  I think it was Kichi who did it (though I am not sure).  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VirusMD said:

how many bricks were cut? o.- *checks your post from last year*

Sadly I missed three days due to IRL but 30 crates were cut :P 

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

(just don't tell her I told you lot, she came to me to give me dyes, realised she left them in the mailbox, came back, opened trade and then realised she had left them in the mailbox again.)

IZUY0I3.png

• Like 3
  • Cat 2

An example of the kind of scrapper spirit that keeps a big imp-along like this together and running smoothly, and even moreso, how hard a certain fellow works to get even the smallest details just right:

Me:  be a tiny priest named Tosca, come to Friendship Bay a day or two early to get in on the sermoning.  

Suddenly!  A wild VirusMD appears, asking for help testing things to find out the best way to store bulk items and still jive with proper permissions:

~~~~~

[17:44:51] <Virusmd> can i borrow one of you to see if they fixed the wagon perms bug in the last year?
[17:45:04] <Tosca> sure
[17:45:17] <Virusmd> ok, the cart that says saccables, can you take a shard from it?
[17:45:33] <Tosca> yes
[17:45:45] <Virusmd> ok, go ahead and put it back, now try the wagon with no animals
[17:46:08] <Tosca> [17:46:02] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.
[17:46:19] <Virusmd> grrr same .
[17:46:29] <Tosca> :o
[17:46:35] <Virusmd> somehow, building perms override wagon perms with the same settings as the cart
[17:46:50] <Virusmd> EVERyONE has access hold, but cant take inside the buidling
[17:46:56] <Virusmd> same on the carts
[17:47:00] <Tosca> hm
[17:47:04] <Tosca> wogic
[17:47:17] <Virusmd> yah we couldent figure it out, i reported it as a bug but of course nothing happened
[17:47:43] <Virusmd> id really love to have 12 crates at each station, its a serious hinderance with all the materials and qualities
[17:48:12] <Virusmd> ok i want to test something else, ill be back in a minute
[17:48:36] <Virusmd> another option.... gonna try a locked crate rack
[17:51:06] <Fess> mind if i sermon?
[17:51:17] <Tosca> is enough ppl?
[17:51:26] <Fess> not for reset but for tick yea
[17:51:35] <Tosca> ok sure
[17:51:36] <Virusmd> try the rack now?
[17:51:55] <Tosca> [17:51:50] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.
[17:52:14] <Virusmd> yah only has an open option not take either
[17:52:32] <Virusmd> frustrating
[17:52:44] <Virusmd> ill just jam 50 more carts in here!
[17:52:48] <Fess> [16:49:46] Faith increased by 0.1010 to 94.7551
[17:53:10] <Tosca> gg
[17:54:16] <Virusmd> brb, want to try something else....
[17:58:26] <Virusmd> the knarr?
[17:58:40] <Tosca> yes
[17:58:43] <Virusmd> o.0
[17:59:04] <Virusmd> one more time just to make sure it was inside
[17:59:15] <Tosca> yep
[17:59:15] <Virusmd> !!
[17:59:29] Virusmd wheels turning
[17:59:34] <Tosca> omg
[17:59:45] <Tosca> dont tell me you plan to store extra mats in a knarr in here
[18:00:05] <Virusmd> no no, of course not, upstairs where the metal stations are
[18:00:12] <Tosca> lol
[18:00:44] <Virusmd> when wogic gives you broken wagons, you make knarrs
[18:00:57] <Tosca> ;)
[18:02:55] <Virusmd> think i can lose the carts upstairs this might actually be a bit cleaner, they will cross like an X in the center of the building, back ends at the station for easy access
[18:03:18] <Virusmd> cause there are 8 carts there now with a central storage in the middle for reloading
[18:03:26] <Tosca> its definitely different.  and I always say, different is good! :)
[18:03:44] <Virusmd> ty your sciencing
[18:03:53] <Tosca> anytime

~~~~~

New best quote to put in your taglines:  "when wogic gives you broken wagons, you make knarrs" ~VirusMD

And this, my dear friends, is the story of how we ended up with knarrs supplying the good smithies on top of the Great Hall.  Cheers! :)

• Like 8

For the fifth year running, another awesome impalong! Thanks to Virus and Goldie, all the guests and imping folks, and the Wurmlord team! The whole team did a great job, but a special mention of thanks from me to Wurmlord KindraShae, who really put in the hours and went above and beyond keeping things running smoothly!

A small excerpt from my final hours there last night, something that was repeated more than once over the week, except this was Enki spawning the final boss behind me :D

[21:34:21] <Elregis> tilda run
[21:34:24] <Champagnedragon> tilda might wanna move
[21:34:34] <Docterchese> lmao tilda just there burying corpses xD
[21:34:43] <Madnath> GARGAMEL HAHAHA
[21:34:49] <Madnath> Thank you Enki
[21:34:55] <Tilda> just doing my duty lol

See you all next year!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tilda said:

I wish I took a screenshot of this moment!! Tilda was diligently burying corpses to clean up the arena, meanwhile Enki was flying behind and spawned *fifteen* champion warmasters named Gargamel behind Tilda. Tilda was in *grave danger* but was just stood there with a shovel not moving, too focused on burying corpses. Good times 😄

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Docterchese said:

I wish I took a screenshot of this moment!! Tilda was diligently burying corpses to clean up the arena, meanwhile Enki was flying behind and spawned *fifteen* champion warmasters named Gargamel behind Tilda. Tilda was in *grave danger* but was just stood there with a shovel not moving, too focused on burying corpses. Good times 😄

Hey man, there was like, 1.5 people average, online at any given time with permissions to bury, and the GMs they just kept spawning stuff in succession.   SOMEBODY gotta get rid of the massive pile of bodies obstructing everyone else's view;  What is a poor, yet very Lovely Lady player to do, if she be all by herself,  hmmmmmm?!?> (and nobody with an "outtie rather than innie" should even attempt to answer that question, its highly rhetorical!)  Much as we'd like to,  We amazingly sexy ladies can't just rely on our astounding good looks to get us out of tight situations forever! xD

Edited by Atheline
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tilda said:

For the fifth year running, another awesome impalong! Thanks to Virus and Goldie, all the guests and imping folks, and the Wurmlord team! The whole team did a great job, but a special mention of thanks from me to Wurmlord KindraShae, who really put in the hours and went above and beyond keeping things running smoothly!

A small excerpt from my final hours there last night, something that was repeated more than once over the week, except this was Enki spawning the final boss behind me :D

See you all next year!

that was the longest 20 seconds on my life lol you kept burrying with 15 warmasters behind, lucky they took its time to start atacking

• Like 2

I would like to write my thoughts and awesome experience at The Friend-A-Long on pristine! I really enjoyed and had such a wonderful time there, It was my third impalong I have been to so far, and I really loved it. I enjoyed seeing my friends and fellow wurmians there as well and meeting new ones, Thank you to the organizers and people in charge and to everyone who was there you all made it a blast :)I look forward to attending again and to going to many more. Thanks so much!! ❤️     -Jacalina-(NFI Melody) , Jacqulina-(SFI Alt)

Edited by Jaclyn
  • Like 2

Jaqui sweetheart,  this friend-along  was noticeably better for your company, and I'm not nearly the only one who would say so.   Constantly I saw you putting all your time and energy into the playful hide-and-seeking, laughing and crying, hugging (and then hugging some more lol)  and cheering people on in a way that only someone with the biggest heart could ever do.  Every single minute I saw you online, you were so full of positive energy, encouragement for others, hope for a good future and just this, amazing sense of  gratitude for every little second that ever came your way.  You are such a lovely person; and it was an honor and a privilege to fight, heal, imp and play by your side.    And if the Gods be willing, we shall meet again.. possibly about this time next year, and perhaps about the same spot?  ;)

• Like 2

Some of my favorite moments/best screenshots:

How regal do we look with our "pet dragon"? Presiding over the impalong as King and Queen (well only in our heads) with @VirusMD

MqcliTl.jpg

Chess match with @VirusMD(yes he destroyed me) narrated wonderfully by @Docterchese

saJcho9.jpg

Virus surveying the traumatic damage-causing mobs in the Arena (thanks Vayu, Enki, Belisama, Tarissa, and Ferocity!!)

y2DqBT2.jpg

An absolute best-day-ever kind of shot - not only because Fishslaps but because I was a Golden Birdcage and @Sidereal(Pun Queen!) was an ACTUAL witch hat :D

8wS57aO.jpg

Reddragon's cozy booze hut is always a crowd favorite!! Thanks @reddragon6450

QzdEuMX.jpg

Finally, a lovely shot of the Friendalong deed from above (complete with ticket-guards in the sea)

q3HE8cz.jpg

Edited by Goldfinch
  • Like 5

Oh my goodness, Gold!  How did you manage to get so many amazingly good panorama screenies while also running several of the contests and talking to dozens at same time, and never lose your cool?   ... /whispers  Are you a wizard??  :o

Seriously, we all have something to learn from Gold about the proper way to multi-task... I suggest Goldfinch writes a self-help book.  And the first person to read it .. well,  I shall leave tht for the spectator to decide

Edited by Atheline
  • Like 2

[18:51:57] You start to raise the mooring anchor. so thats it for me this year , really fun impalong and games as allways, specially fish slapping logged from sleeping today wanting a fishslap but couldnt find a fish arround so Jacqulina and i ended up creating a new variation of fish slapping with the random stuff i had on inventory.... 

wurm.20220726.1843.jpg

nogump valrei slapping!!!!!!! 

wurm.20220726.1848_2.jpg

great fun doing some imps, events and even the arena, specially when the dragon egg decided he was bored and wanted to join the arena, also enki trying to kill us was fun

wurm.20220724.2245_2.jpg

great event overall, better each year, cant wait for next, enjoyed all games either as players or spectator, muffin needs more strategy elements but still lots of fun i give the games a SSS (splat, slap and sit), now is time to rest a bit and work on skills to help again next time, thanks to the organicers, casters and fellow impers (and red for his bar) for a great event hope to be there next year too(and see the whale family unharmed and increased :D), adding more stuff to my collection now

unknown.png

Edited by Elregis
add more thanks
  • Like 3

My first ever impalong. I’ve been playing the game for about a month and getting thrown in the midst of so many strangers in a festival I didn’t quite understand was scary, to say the least. But it was so fun! So many nice and fun people! Many laughs were had, games played, and mobs killed (even if I was mostly just healing myself). Still in awe of how many nice and kind people play this game. Thank you all so much for a wonderful experience! Big thanks to Virus and Goldfinch and all the other staff for organizing such a great event and keeping us busy with all the fun and interesting games. Thank you to all the GMs for keeping us even more busy with all the mobs with ridiculous names. But mostly, big thank you to all the impers and casters for coming and doing what you do best. Especially thank you Madnath for getting my staff to rare and whoever got my pickaxe to rare, thank you so much! I’ll definitely try to make it next year too.

• Like 8

Phew what a week, what a week... Where to even start! I guess well that with passing around some thanks to a ton of ppl who put in a lot of work and time to make these things the success they are. So thank you so much to all my Admins this! they were: @Goldfinch,@Tilda, @brattygirl, @Bakhita, @Zachariah, @SmackedDown, @Shrimpiie, @Explora, @primordia, @KindraShaeand @Sidereal! You help is as always incredible, each of you worked hard all week keeping things running smoothly! Next year I hope to get some of the long term trusted Admins up to running some events on my or golds dark time zones to try and round things out a bit further! GM's.... @Ferocity, @Vayu, @Pomona, @Tarissa, @Enki, @Belisama, and @Nethys, thank you all for all your support for the event! "Diving for Drake" could not be the great game it is without all of your help with distribution of tickets in the bay! And the arena was so busy this year it was JUST CRAZY, Im sure it was significant more active this year then years before, and alot of that credit goes to Vayu who practically lived with us spawning mobs for us all week! Again the amazing @Eveningprovided the food for the event, pizza's and other treats of such quality it was amazing! Thanks so much! What goes with such good food? Well obviously that was @reddragon6450Cantina and Bar! IDK if he recorded any stats or services provided but im sure it was ALOT. His service add a welcome element of roleplay and authenticity to each event he attends! Then we have@ChampagneDragonShe does our favor work like almost every year, she donated a huge amount of time converting Wemp to favor for us, and never charges me silver for her time, on top of that she comes to the event with her amazing priest Salacia to blast out 100+ casts all week for folks. Then we have@Fabricantwho ran a ton of round of Deal or No Deal during the event, FAB! We cant not remove the million if you keep forgetting to tell us witch one it is! Put a sticky note on your monitor or something sheesh! That aside there were many good round, many hair pullers, and many winners of the infamous "golden turd." All in all its a great game! Here are the results of those games.

Local info:

Local Average Player Count: 60
Total Unique Players Recorded: 248
Highest Local Player Count: 102
Lowest Local Player Count: 27

Imp / Cast Estimates:

Favored Materials, Iron, Steel, Silver

Est. # Of casts based on favor used: Cordage Used: % of Casts: # of Casts:
Approximate Amount of LT Casts: 13,641 12.47% 1,644
Approximate Amount of Nimble Casts: 6,957 10.60% 1,397
Approximate Amount of COC Casts: 12,536 22.92% 3,021
Approximate Amount of WOA Casts: 8,642 15.80% 2,083
Approximate Amount of MS Casts: 6,290 5.75% 758
Approximate Amount of AOSP Casts: 3,779 9.87% 1,301
Approximate Amount of BOTD Casts: 7,137 9.32% 1,229
Other Casts: 7,984 13.27% 1,749
Totals: 60,270  

Est. Imps based on materials used. # of Imps Portion: Info:
Estimated Total # of 70q Imps: 2100 49.88% < Day 1-3
Estimated Total # of 80q Imps: 1189 28.24% < Day 4
Estimated Total # of 90q Imps: 921 21.88% < Day 5 (-25%)
Total # of Imps: 4,211    

The Grand Prize Drake Suit:

We had significantly more visitors involved with games and events this year, almost twice the # of tickets were entered into the grand prize pool! 5th day we held the drawing and Joscuacalvert won the grand prize with ticket # 194 of 426 total entries. Tronn has the highest total ticket count of the event at 15! 

>> Ticket Breakdown <<

Here is a photo of Joscuacalvert in his nice new duds at the presentation ceremony!

Miw4ABA.png

n03zZFi.png

The Fashion Disaster:

This year (the firsts) constume contest turned out to be the "fashion disaster" and this years winner was Champagnedragon with this beast of an entry:

https://imgur.com/aUhfi8a

Blood Mixing:

So through some combinations of extreme skill, mysticism, and donations the great Sidereal mixed 494 Bloods for our guests and somehow managed to end the event with more salt then we started with! So thank you all for your donations to the cause, I think next year we will have to increase the per person cap to 20!

Sermons:

Whewwww what a year for sermons. Shortly after starting the Event@Raybargapproached me about using his sermon bot for the service for managment or rotation and testing the bot on an unusual scale. I was skeptical at first but after a demonstration and the very light permissions it needed, I decided to give it a try, at first it just ran side by side with the player created rotations, but very quickly it took over the rotation with its many great features and automation! The main problem i saw at first was the bots name! Its icon was like a T100 Terminator so clearly it needed to be named "The Sermonator" after adjusting its nick on the server all things were good! Ray got a lot of feedback and suggestions for further features and improvements and he is quite passionate about bringing it to general use for all Wurmians.

EST # of Sermons: 247

EST AVG Faith Tick: 0.8180

EST AVG Local Inclusion: 74.92% (The % of people in local that were in range to count as a listener)

EST Total Faith Gains: 204.7 Points

Known # of 100 Faith Completions: 9

Highest Known Faith Tick: 1.3736

R08mhy2.png

The Huge Egg (Premature Edrakeulation😞

Ahh the egg.... Well it didn't quite go as planned! After many years of forced slumber in the captivity of a magic chest, its time had finally come when Asicana decided to sell it to me for the event. I prepared it just as I had before, incubating it to 81 damage in my volcano and putting it back on ice in the magic chest for event time, but the beast had other idea's apparently! Apparently all the activity on site disturbed the deep sleep force upon the beast by the magic chest and it began to wake, scratching and knawing to get out for a long awaited meal. At some point GM Vayu caught the event log when it reached 97 damage in the magic chest. Vayu tried to use his magic power so lul the beast back to slumber and roll its damage back but the moment he laid his hand upon it, a Green Drake burst forth and instantly started heading to the buffet of sumptuous priest! At first everyone thought it was a joke... Haha there's a GM running around as a dragon... Har de har har.... Why is this GM trying to eat me? Why is Virus shouting in local to watch out for an escaped drake? At that point the GM Ferocity stepped in and dragged the beast out to the bay for a few minutes while the locals ran to the forges to obtain there pants and rally to the arena. It was a bit hairy at first but the healers on site rolled in and saved the day. A few minutes later it was all over, escape attempt thwarted and the beast was hung to drain for every last precious drop of its blood. Sidereal was licking the floor for like 2 hours after the kill like a cat trying to get that tuna smell! And that my friends is the tale of the 2022 Friendalong premature edrakeulation!

Campgrounds:

They went great overall, everyone showed a high level of care and respect for all the work that went into this project. It took a lot of time for a lot of people to make that all happen!

Guest Book:

The guest book was left 65 entries that i will digitize in the following post to make sure there is enough space for them all!

Lawn Darts:

Lawns darts was as usual a hit... people were darting up that tower and jumping for joy (and tickets)! Clearly its an impactful game!

Deaths: 19 ( 27.94%) Less deadly then last year?!? *adds more floors*

Landings: 28 ( 41.18%)

Misses: 16 ( 23.53%)

Total # of Jumps: 63

Total # of tickets: 68

Diving for Drake:

Pretty standard year, but seems like more ppl got out and searched, a couple drownings, sea serpents hunting the searchers, ghostly GM's hiding tickets you know. In total 173 tickets were turned in towards the grand prize. A nice bonus, no one tried to turn in multiple tickets from the same day, and no one tried to forge any tickets this year!

Now for the Drama stuff:

1. As they gave no trouble (mostly) about leaving when asked ill not name them, but one person was asked to leave for abuse of limits after being caught with 6 of the same weapons, had the limits explained then tried his luck again. He is welcome back next year assuming he follows the rules!

2. Why idk? maybe she's just an incredibly bitter and spiteful person? Ajala was apparently so upset about a delayed game due to GM's spawning stuff in the arena she felt the need to ###### post the thread stand around in local further ###### talking. When asked to leave first by Shrimpiie, then myself she refused both times, at which point I told her I added her to KOS, she got the event warning I'm sure, and fought and killed several guards so clearly she knew the situation, and continued to hang around and harass us about our attempts to make her leave. Due to the delayed spawning mechanic she just stood around killing them 1 at a time. At that point I had to file a harassment ticket to get a GM to step in and get rid of her, by time a GM responded she had already logged off on deed. I guess she didn't consider how many templars I might have hired ;) once they had time to all spawn, there were 10 waiting for her when she logged back in and... [10:41:56] Ajala slain by aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, aged Spirit templar, young Spirit templar. I hope 10 at once was enough to occupy your attention I'm sorry 1 guard was so boring, I do my best to keep everyone entertained! Sadly she is now permanently banned from the event for her generally shitty antics and treatment of others. Thoe I do appreciate her as an example of the extent ill go to do preserve the integrity of the event!

3. Pet murdering. Im not even sure how to approach this one. A cared for whale named moby that me and gold have kept fed and cared for for the last year was killed by a visitor. Then a GM generously respawned some more and even cared for them, then this same person who was already berated for his actions went ahead and killed some more of the newly spawned ones while local was going off on them the whole time. He claims he "didn't know" even thoe there had been a dozen signs placed around the new spawns and they were not even in the arena. Once is an accident, twice in the same place with signs and ppl yelling at you is not Luckily the locals managed to get his attention before he killed the replacements. So thank you so much alpengeist. Its inconsiderate turds like you who make me reconsider this event every year! 

4. Pilfered Coffee.... So maybe this is my fault, a large amphora full of coffee labeled "free for event"  vanished a few days into the event, upon asking locals for Coffee drink and Large amphora pick up logs at least 6 ppl PM'd with logs that clearly showed that Syhl decided to take it on his way out the door upon leaving the event. Nearly 200kg of high q Kahvesi that I bought for everyone. Upon confrontation this person said effectively "oh i thought it was free so i took it" ###### excuse aside it was promptly mailed back to me upon confrontation and returned to the event. So id just like to thank you all for your log diving and diligence. We as a collective event truely do see all, and when something fishy happens there is never a shortage of ppl willing to help make things right!

All in all the event went pretty well, we do out best to try and stick to schedules but keep in mind that every event time listed is a WINDOW for the game, not always the start time. We intentionally keep things flexibly so that GM's and other player driver events and games like Deal or No Deal can do there thing without having to worry about competing with other events and activities! I welcome your constructive suggestions to make the event better each year and we already have a fair list of tweaks we want to make for next time. Feel free to post your stories, thoughts, suggestions, idea's, or whatever about the event and we will at least consider it. Thank you all so much for coming and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Now for some fun screenshots!

JEbnZ1w.png

working on the wall of kingdoms still!

adkVrZj.png

Snakes!

nkPqlVi.png

Goldfinch makes a new friend!

EAmZxVJ.png

some fish slaps!

PFoUueZ.png

muffin madness!

rbQjYi0.png

the bellies of the beasts

zTLtfZp.png

some arena carnage

YRuIexw.png

i am creepy santa!

dFn5guw.png

unicorns really do fly i guess?

23HaLnL.png

me and my lady enjoying the view

5BZqsSp.png

trying to find a ticket? beware!

KH0oGWF.png

gathering around for the drake roll

J9VCMu9.png

lil post event celebration

Ok thats enough for now, will be posting the guest book shortly!

Edited by VirusMD
Baby butterflies don’t exist!
  • Like 18

Not sure if this medium is enough to describe my emotions, so I will try to keep it short. First of all I would like to praise the entire atmosphere that is festive, friendly and joyful! I would like to praise Reddragon's bar and Sidereal's mysterious witching stand as first things I got myself into here Things like that contribute a lot to that very atmosphere I've mentioned. I also would like to praise the event grounds and amenities. It this truly a privilege to visit and stay, and I'm already looking forward to the next occasion. Greatest thanks to all the people imping and enchanting my gear. I wasn't able to help much myself, but I will surely come prepared next time. One of the biggest experiences was losing the final round of musical chairs to Madnath and still getting a prize passed, thanks Mad! On behalf of my priest, Horothewise, I would like to send all the best wishes to our sermon group and thank Raybarg for providing that queue bot. Was happy to participate in testing and contribute. And the ticks were thicc! Big gratitude to VirusMD and other staff members, of course, keep up the great work!

-Horothewise

This was my first time at this impalong, I am happy I came. Your deed is fun to explore and I loved how active the events were. My cart went rare, I won a horse race, killed a dragon with a name! and I got some cool GM spawned animals. Overall, 11 out of 10 experience. Thanks for the fun weekend! Love Bunn

-Bunnbunnnn

From the very first Imaplong, hosted by Dannyiron, Christmas 2008 on Jenn-Kellon Home, to the Imaplongs hosted by Willow, Shrimpiie, and VirusMD on Freedom, each one showcases how amazing and wonderful the Wurm community is. Thank you Virus and Queen Goldfinch for continuing this legacy, and see you all next year!

-Xallo

I like Turkish Delight. I do. A lot if people don't like Turkish delight, I mean Fry's Turkish delight. The type with the chocolate on it and the purple wrapper. But I like it.

-Madnath

This document entitles the bearer to 10 free lemons from Tranquility Base. Ladycygnet loves all of you and loves Impalongs.

- Ladycygnet

Thicket was here

-Thicket

GARGAMEL!!!!!!!!!

Moirai (Nievette)

I look forward to this great event every year; it lifts my spirits when thinking back on it and I am fully pleased every day it is shared with all these good people. I look forward to the loving hard work shared by all and despite occational risks of dying from fun monster killing or good exhaustion I want my friends here too.

-Zyah

There once was a lass from Xanadu / Whose server name was a linguistic bugaboo / She couldn't make it rhyme / So she just had a good time / Veedevadu

-Cerebulon

I hate grinding on smithing stuff when being on my own. So I am being very happy to get the opportunity to grind a bit and doing something useful. Thanks for the opportunity, it was a great event. Hopefully see you next year again!

-Calebxephrime

VirusMD et al, thank you for the memories. This is precisely why I love Wurm... well, one of the top reasons for it. Thanks for all your effort. Now get some rest for Vynora's sake

-Ayuna

This is my third impalong. So much fun, so many great people, Thank you everyone!  2022  Friend-A-Long at Friendship Bay in Pristine.    

-Jacqulina

Much to my delight, the sounds of smiths tinkering away at forges often fill my deed back home, so being here feels like I never left. Virus and staff, thank you for yet another fantastic Friendalong! Plan on me being back again next year, as I have yet to miss one!

-Quelon

Been playing wurm for about a month so needless to say this is my first impalong. I've had a blast! So many fun games to take part of, lots of fights on the arena, tears shed over bad decisions made in DoND. Thank you staff for making this happen! And a big thank you to all the ipers and enchanters!

-Queenofchaos

As always Virus has set an incredibly high bar for other impalongs. Flawless event. My hats off to you Virusmd.

-Champagnedragon

Happy 5th Anniversary! I remember fondly working on this place when it was not much more than a gleam in Virusmd's eye :) Having been ill all week I've not put in the hours I normally would, but has been a great team of Wurmlords again this year! Well done all and see you next year!

-Tilda

I watched two women beat eachother to the brink of death with fish while I ate some ice cream.

-Arndell

slap with fish, splat with darts, slash on the arena, all fun, oh also you get your gear imped and enchanted or you can do it with free mats, missed 2021 one, couldn't miss this one, also you realize you are not a noob when you survive lawn darts

-Elregis

During the festivities Tomatoes became a priest of Libila, Died twice in the arena, scored 100 points in DoND, and got slapped up by a fish.

-Tomatoes

The Pointy Poneh Society was here!

Spasibo

Spacy had a good time and particularly enjoyed the fish slapping.  Thank all of you for hosting and making the event all that it is.

-Spacy

Fabo time here, Shame you didnt have any Leibur Spelch. Prince Calvert

-Josuhacalvert

Drink respondisbly, dont want to spill your drink.

-reddragon

Thanks for hosting such a fun event, Virus! It's  always great fun.

-Bakhita

And lo, on the Day of Tears in Week 4 of the starfall of the Saw in the year of 1111, Sidereal the Red Witch had her favoritest Friend-a-Long ever in which she was transformed into a witch hat, helped keep things running smoothly, lost a dramatic Deal or No Deal, and got smooched by Goldfinch. A++ would friendalong again.

-Sidereal

5th Friend-Along!!! Congrulations Virus on another amazing and successful year. As always I love being a part of the event and I look forward to another next year.

-Zachariah

Had a lot of fun, can't wait until next years!

-Cherry

So happy that the impalong history goes on and on. Here's to many more!

-Willow

I think this is my first impalong since... 2013. And my first big event since coming back to Wurm after a six year break. It has been wonderful! The community here and the games have been so much fun. Virus and team, you've really created something special here! And of course, see you next year!

-Docterchese

This was my First Impalong, i have been on and off for years.. So glad i made it.. You guys Rock!!!  Best time I have ever had !!  And everyone is so nice.. I hope i can help in the future!!     Destion..  From Southern Bay Estates...

-Destion

Thanks for another fun party! Keina from Shangri La on Xanadu 2022. 2nd year I've had the privilege to be here. Hope to see you next year!

-Kiena

Thank you to everyone involved in running the event, I came here wide eyed and curious as its the first event of its kind I have ever been to, I was met with kindness and good humour and while still confused am glad I came, Fun games and fun times with fun people. Awesome is not a strong enough word for it all.

-Maelstromm

I love being staff for this event -this year was very busy running many games, handing out soo many prizes and ice creams and answering all the questions, but it is very exciting and rewarding! Loved being turned into a gold birdcage by a GM, the hugs from new friends, and getting to decorate new spaces!

-Goldfinch

Dear Citizens of Friendship Bay, i want to thank you for this fantastic impalong. Many thanks to all the workers, crafters and for your hospitality. Iam looking forward to the next Event. We will come back.

-Valyndea

This impalong is the best because of ALL OF US!  Gold is amazing Hostess; Virus must learn how to lean on his staff members during hard times to avoid frustration.  Such fun here!!  Love you all so much!

-Atheline

Thanks for a wonderful event! I had lots of fun, looking forward to the next one. Great people, great imping and enchanting, fun in the arena, and the best company! All the best, Kindra

-Kindrashae

Always good to see players hosting such events, especially for newer players.

-Klaa

Avaxas of Leighton, from the island of Xanadu, week 1 of the starfall of Digging, 1111. Second time attending, as much a pleasure as last year.

-Avaxas

Awesome event, just a we have come to expect of VirusMD and his crew. Special thanks to providing materials and opportunity to get me to 90 Cloth Tailoring skill. Fish slapping was augmented by some hilarious fish puns. The arena games almost made my laptop melt, though. Will be back next time!

-Nalimar

Events like this truly make Wurm stand out as a unique and amazing game. It's the hard work and care of the players that push it beyond anything else out there. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this happen and making it run smoothly.

-Adnurak

Poo Poo Pee Pee

-Kito

Great event and glad to have provided BOTDs and other casts. Looking forward to next year.

-Steelmerc

Shuddering and foaming at the mouth slightly, a wild Lagston can be seen imping shields, separated from his lifetime as a mediocre Lumberjack and Coaler. Ever wondered why Lagston imps shields, No, Never take skill advice from PingPong.

-Lagston

There sure is a lot of violence at these!

-Morcant

The dirty hand of Janios vaguely appears on the blank papyrus sheet.

-Janois

A great fun-a-long again, you cannot fail, thank you !

-Jaz

Thank You! for putting on this event it has been a great time. This is the second year for me and was a blast. if donations need for next year please feel free to pm. Thanks again for the time.

-Stryken

Chew - Executioner of Afton, Xanadu. Thanks for everything! You guys Rock!!

-Chew

My Name is ShamanK , i am a weaponsmith, bs,lw,js that hails from Xanadu K19 Skellig.  I enjoy rifts and events like Fried-a-long the most, skilling and chatting is great fun.  I killed Fo at this event and even won a fish slapping contest, great event and games, Congrats on another great event !

-Shamank

Brattygirlsback! Assistant and lead janitor of the 2022 Friend-A-Long.

-Brattygirlsback

Dear Diary This Impalong I was a busy boy, I got 50 WS, I hit 91 LW and I hit 93 BS. I also had fun in the arena with Vayu and died a lot... I look forward to next year!

-Jospicy

Wonderful place, you feel real at home. Played a nice game of chess and won ! Looking forward to next year. Gonna have a drink at the bar now. Cheers !

-Chefpeewee

Going to an impalong is like going to a con but you get to stay home as well. Best of both worlds for an introvert.

-Lisimba

Thank you all for great event. Hope i can help more next time.

-deedfo

Stelarya was here 7/24/22  enjoy the Voyage

-Stelarya

Hi, i would like to thank everyone that made this event possible and created a place where Wurm world feels alot more alive and i hope to see this again every year! cheers.

-soulripperx

I like turtles. Pink unicorns are pretty cool too

-Ciray

Playing for years but as an hermit, joined few impalong but never Friendalong except this year. The global experience is very good, dragon surprise was a very cool moment. I came for treasure hunt games but a bit late. Imp / Cast work is very well organized. More treasure hunt games would be perfect !

-Syhl

Had a blast. won a fish fight and got a shiney prize.

-Oshikia

Congratulation by event. I've had a great time and fun. My English is somewhat poor, but it has helped me a lot in the game with the things that have improved me. I hope to come next year more to help than to be helped. Thank you Virus for the enormous effort that is putting together this entire event.  Thanks.

-Vacnoa

Amazing impalong, was a lot of fun! hope to see you guys again next year :3

-Bradcub

thanks so much for your time and energy  to do this when you dont have to. if you need anything let me know even if its donating my rare arch statues for decorations for the deed.

-Tronn

Edited by VirusMD
  • Like 7

this event was amazing thank everyone again for the awesome experience for my third impalong ❤️ !!!!! I look forward to more :D

15 minutes ago, VirusMD said:

Pet murdering. Im not even sure how to approach this one. A cared for whale named moby that me and gold have kept fed and cared for for the last year was killed by a visitor. Then a GM generously respawned some more and even cared for them, then this same person who was already berated for his actions went ahead and killed some more of the newly spawned ones while local was going off on them the whole time. He claims he "didn't know" even thoe there had been a dozen signs placed around the new spawns and they were not even in the arena. Once is an accident, twice in the same place with signs and ppl yelling at you is not. So thank you so much alpengeist. Its inconsiderate turds like you who make me reconsider this event every year!

VirusMD, GoldFinch, and anyone else affected by this, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. When this happened, I did not have my local tab open, was trying to chat with multiple other players in local via PM to set up spars, and did not see any green pet outline on the 2 whales I attacked. My assumption was that they were random GM spawns, and since I've never actually fought a whale, I wanted to see how difficult they were, and hence attacked them. 

If there were signs protecting them, I am very sorry, as I did not see them; that's absolutely my fault. As soon as I was hit with PMs to stop and a GM freeze at the same time while I was attacking the whales, I stopped, and apologized profusely in local and to Goldfinch in PMs. I greatly appreciate your expansive efforts to run such a huge event and would never intentionally do anything to upset such an event or the administrators therein. 

Again, I am very sorry for killing the whale you guys had apparently taken care of for a while and hope you can forgive me for a terrible misunderstanding.

Thank you for all you do and a fantastic event.

• Like 1

As far as drama, was the jar of black ink for guestbook pens stolen, as well? I didn't see it on the last day, but the pens and the papers were still where they should have been. Purely curious