Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2022 (Friend-A-Long)

Please show me some examples of a fishing competition that actually happened.

I can show you examples of fishing competitions that didn't happen because Enki showed up and used his magic to distract everyone.

• Cat 1

9 hours ago, Ajala said:

I can show you examples of fishing competitions that didn't happen because Enki showed up and used his magic to distract everyone.

The schedule for games has been pretty rough all week because things happen, overrun, or get delayed all the time... and it's fine, it's the nature of a community event ran and organised to be fun instead of totally inflexible. A lot of people have really enjoyed the GM antics this week, spawning mobs and bringing a lot of unique combat fun for a lot of people. If you don't enjoy that then I suggest you organise your own impalong with a strict schedule and no GMs allowed. I'm sure it would be popular.

But seriously... the organisers have put a colossal amount of work into running this event. Sure, not everything goes to plan all the time, but what matters is how much work they've done and how extremely hard they've tried. Overall, it has been a huge success, with nearly a hundred people in local at peak time on most days. And yet you're here flaming on the forums because a fishing event didn't happen exactly on schedule in a community event that's free to attend? Embarrassing

edit: wait were those replies satire? It's genuinely hard to tell lmao

edi2: confirmed a few posts below... this isn't satire...

Edited by Docterchese
not sure if satire
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

edit: were those replies satire? Or do you actually mean what you said? It's genuinely hard to tell lmao

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

Enki -- who I gather is or was a GM

im not the best judge but this from someone with a 2015 forum account i bet it is a joke.

There was plenty of fun events at the impalong. Fabricant was running deal or no deal. Then there was wurmian lawn darts, fish slapping competitions, cupcake pushing, chess and checkers matches, just to make a few. And yes some gms made some appearances and spawned some baddies for us all to try to survive. It was a lot of fun and it’s always great to see the community come together and help each other. I can’t wait for next year!

• Like 15

Timing couldn't be worse for me (ban school summer break 🤓). Still managed tot introduce my 11yo to a Wurm impalong. We played a chess game and he won 😳. Ofc after he went to bed I had to rematch and win for my journal goal lol. In the few hours of my stay I have seen (GM spawned cute chicks and devilish beasts) and smelled (Fabs cheesy DonD) all the wonders of Wurm people coming together. 

Thx to Virusmd and all the great staff and the glorious impers and priests to bring such joy to us many.

*Bows*

• Like 4

A game of chess so exciting, even the GM wanted to spectate    

wurm.20220723.1414_2

Two GMs spawning mobs in the arena at once = total carnage

wurm.20220721.1928_1

Fish Slapping!

wurm.20220721.2041_2

Muffin Mayhem!

wurm.20220724.1547_3

Drake hide suit drawing at the token, congrats Joshuacalvert!

wurm.20220724.2135

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Docterchese said:

The schedule for games has been pretty rough all week because things happen, overrun, or get delayed all the time... and it's fine, it's the nature of a community event ran and organised to be fun instead of totally inflexible. A lot of people have really enjoyed the GM antics this week, spawning mobs and bringing a lot of unique combat fun for a lot of people. If you don't enjoy that then I suggest you organise your own impalong with a strict schedule and no GMs allowed. I'm sure it would be popular.

But seriously... the organisers have put a colossal amount of work into running this event. Sure, not everything goes to plan all the time, but what matters is how much work they've done and how extremely hard they've tried. Overall, it has been a huge success, with nearly a hundred people in local at peak time on most days. And yet you're here flaming on the forums because a fishing event didn't happen exactly on schedule in a community event that's free to attend? Embarrassing

edit: were those replies satire? Or do you actually mean what you said? It's genuinely hard to tell lmao

he got kos last night so guess yourself :D

• Like 1

I seem to have missed a lot of fun.. but life happens, had to skip this year's event 😬

at least others are having great time there 😀

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 7:57 AM, Vayu said:

I thought there were alot of boats, Then I looked at the other end of the deed...

XCyC4QU.jpeg

interesting idea with the tent camp in the woods

Edited by Finnn

Sorry you could not attend, Finn. Also had only some hours on 3 days, and missed a lot, but was truly great and much fun. Thanks to VirusMD, friendalong team, and GMs for that.

10 hours ago, Ajala said:

Happy to help!

Second day of the impalong:

[03:10:05] Virusmd wants a the highest q salmon in the next 15 minutes and must be fresher then 01:23:13 on day of the Wurm in week 2 of the starfall of the Saw in the year of 1111.
[03:25:18] <Virusmd> [17:25:14] Caught by Reddragon on day of the Wurm, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1111.
[03:25:23] <Virusmd> we have a winner

Third day of the impalong:

[05:25:05] Virusmd wants a the highest q smallmouth bass in the next 15 minutes and must be fresher then 19:12:27 on Wrath day in week 3 of the starfall of the Saw in the year of 1111.
[05:40:14] Virusmd Times up!
[05:40:36] Virusmd Winner is Reddragon with an 82.95q Smallmouth bass!

Fourth day of the impalong:

[23:30:02] Virusmd wants a the highest q catfish bass in the next 15 minutes and must be fresher then 19:43:19 on day of the Wurm in week 4 of the starfall of the Saw in the year of 1111.
[23:30:10] <Virusmd> Catfish!
[23:30:12] <Champagnedragon> catfish bass?
[23:30:16] <Virusmd> stupid copy and paste
[23:30:22] Virusmd CATFISH!
[23:30:24] <Avaxas> The rare and highly prized catfish bass!
[23:30:30] <Virusmd> it was a bass last time :P
[23:44:25] Virusmd Times up! Winner is....
[23:44:48] <Virusmd> Champagnedragon wtih a 73q catfish

Fifth day of the impalong:

[23:31:34] Virusmd wants a the highest q catfish in the next 15 minutes and must be fresher then 19:46:15 on Wrath day in week 1 of the starfall of the Digging in the year of 1111.
[23:46:55] Virusmd times up! Winner champagne dragon!
[23:47:05] Virusmd 91q

As you can see there were contests for salmon, catfish, smallmouth bass, and even the legendary catfish bass.

• Like 9

that catfish bass was the most fun one havent seen one myself yet lol

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

... even the legendary catfish bass.

four-string catfish bass

lZ0Qlvi.jpg

• Like 3

Shout out to Reddragon for being an awesome bartender at the impalong and never refusing to pour a drink regardless how drunk one was 🤣 and to clean the beerstein, countertop, floor..loll great menu!!!  I had such a fun time at the Friendship Bay Imaplong it felt like a vacation away from home!!!  The people were so nice!!  Thanks to @SmackedDownfor coming in the church when I said my priest hopefully would reach 100 favor (she did), thanks to Jacqulina for being silly with me for always finding me and taking some screenshots together!!!  Thanks for a very fun impalong @VirusMDwe will be back next year :D 

Once I got back to my deed my Wemp was ready to Harvest...just like that Wurm made it reality to real life saying vacation's over go back to work😅!!!

Thank you everyone for the great times at the impalong I had a blast!!!

• Like 10

Just a note that we aren't done yet! We still have most of today, check the timer on the OP :)

7 minutes ago, Tilda said:

Just a note that we aren't done yet! We still have most of today, check the timer on the OP :)

thats true , hope gms come to give us some fun since no more games and pending work is low, os if everything else fails we can allways stab eachother at the arena and then imp our gear again while we finish reddragon's alcohol and snacks :D

• Like 1

"Drake hide suit drawing at the token, congrats Joshuacalvert!"     <<<<< Still in shock from this.

Massive thanks to everyone who messaged me via FB,Forums,Discord, Arrow shot thru window, carrier pigeon

And to all the people at the impalong for making it and imping it. Totally Gobsmacked.

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Elregis said:

thats true , hope gms come to give us some fun since no more games and pending work is low, os if everything else fails we can allways stab eachother at the arena and then imp our gear again while we finish reddragon's alcohol and snacks :D

Dont tease me with a good time!!!!

5 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

Shout out to Reddragon for being an awesome bartender at the impalong and never refusing to pour a drink regardless how drunk one was 🤣 

🙄

Allright, I also have to leave the event. Served more than 12200 imp actions and raised my BS from 97 to 97.75 and thus way more than I was hoping for. Many thanks to all the nice conversations I had at the event and see you all at the next impalong!

• Like 3

Very Fun event, Thank for all of those are organized and helped. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Syhl said:

🙄

That was not directed at you it was a general statement but it was hilarious watching you being drunk to tho hahaha or should I say local drunk lolll!!!  Good times for sure an Impalong to remember:D!!!

• Like 1

I had so.much.fun here! Such good company, truly hilarious conversations and made several new friends. Ath fought and died well in the arena, and helped with imping the burgeoning BS station. Tosca did her healing and drizzles, and made it to 100 faith at the sermon party, WOOT!

Won a couple of great items as prizes during the contests and events & here they are nicely settled in their new home: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzZtqG

Thank you for your hospitality Virus, Goldfinch and the other admins. They do such an amazing job running this event; it just gets better every year. And you better believe if I'm available this time next year, will be there.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Atheline said:

I had so.much.fun here! Such good company, truly hilarious conversations and made several new friends. Ath fought and died well in the arena, and helped with imping the burgeoning BS station. Tosca did her healing and drizzles, and made it to 100 faith at the sermon party, WOOT!

Won a couple of great items as prizes during the contests and events & here they are nicely settled in their new home: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzZtqG

Thank you for your hospitality Virus, Goldfinch and the other admins. They do such an amazing job running this event; it just gets better every year. And you better believe if I'm available this time next year, will be there.

very nice! thanks for coming, you as were most were a pleasure as usual! The few that were not, well... look forward to the summary post tomorrow hopefully!

• Like 1

I had so much fun at this event. Despite what someone might be saying, thank you @VirusMDand @Goldfinchfor putting this on and it was an honor to be a Wurm Lord. Impalongs are one of my favorite events in this game and having hosted one myself from the very beginning, they are not easy to put together. So respect out to you two for putting on 5 of them in a row, amazing. 

As mentioned before, impalongs are meant to be fun not a cash grab or somewhere you can come expecting to win a bunch of really cool prizes. The prizes and donations, just like the impings itself, is all donated out of peoples personal stocks and pockets. The events are also held as a way to win prizes and to keep things going. Back when I first started playing impalongs used to be just standing around imping at forge and talking, but over the years event hosts have been super creative in making games and events. I mean Muffin Maddness!?!?! I have literally never heard of this idea and it was an amazing game that I'm sure had a lot of testing as it went flawless. 

With all that being said and without jumping into any sort of undesired discussions; thank you again for such an amazing event and I look forward to the 6th Annual Friend-Along!!!! 

• Like 5