Our weekly reset has moved to Thursday this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Trevize

How to remove wall plans under arches?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove wall plans under arched walls, but now I can't figure out how. Can anyone help me with this please? (Image bellow.)

0ChjeOB.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried using a mallet or trowel, right clicking on the plan to - remove wall? Can't remember the exact line it had, but something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elentari said:

Tried using a mallet or trowel, right clicking on the plan to - remove wall? Can't remember the exact line it had, but something like that. 

No remove option. I know the old way was not to be able to remove outer plans. But nowadays i see archs with no walls (plans) under them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a circular design?

If so, then I think the wall on the interior circle is also considered the external wall, meaning that every wall on higher floors needs to have a finished wall under it. Thus it would be impossible to remove these walls. I guess this is done intentionally to prevent construction of inverted pyramids and the like, but it also hampers the more innocent design, such as building overhang.

 

One solution -I think- would be to add the interior to the building plan, after which you should be able to remove the wall plans, and it would not require a roof. The interior part would then however be considered as 'inside the building', despite having no roof, making it look like it's not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rishy said:

One solution -I think- would be to add the interior to the building plan, after which you should be able to remove the wall plans, and it would not require a roof. The interior part would then however be considered as 'inside the building', despite having no roof, making it look like it's not.

I have had to do that.  It works fine as long as the interior void isn't too big for your skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rishy said:

Is it a circular design?

If so, then I think the wall on the interior circle is also considered the external wall, meaning that every wall on higher floors needs to have a finished wall under it. Thus it would be impossible to remove these walls. I guess this is done intentionally to prevent construction of inverted pyramids and the like, but it also hampers the more innocent design, such as building overhang.

 

One solution -I think- would be to add the interior to the building plan, after which you should be able to remove the wall plans, and it would not require a roof. The interior part would then however be considered as 'inside the building', despite having no roof, making it look like it's not.

 

Not a doughnut house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If those plans are not outer walls then maybe try to add a floor above those plans and then remove the plans.

After that you should be able to bash the floor.

Not sure tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

If those plans are not outer walls then maybe try to add a floor above those plans and then remove the plans.

After that you should be able to bash the floor.

Not sure tho...

I also had tried that, didn't work, after that i tried without it, didn't work either, that's why the floor is missing from the top...

Edited by Trevize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible tho, there are missing walls (plans) in this e.g. (right side of the marble building):

drf-winter.jpg

Edited by Trevize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the house does not count as compleated you can not remove them.
Also, you remove walls from up to down, the solution is to remove upper and lower walls, then make a floor in second level, then the wanted walls, and then remove the floor.

 

Edit: To remove, bash the walls.

Edited by Cecci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Trevize said:

It's possible tho, there are missing walls (plans) in this e.g. (right side of the marble building):

Those missing wall (plans) have finished walls under them. As mentioned before, the ground floor needs to count as finished, which it would be not if the wall plans that you would want removed are on the ground floor (as is the case). Therefore it is not possible to remove those wall plans.

There may be other possibilities but we would need to see more angles from your building to see how and what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rishy said:

Those missing wall (plans) have finished walls under them. As mentioned before, the ground floor needs to count as finished, which it would be not if the wall plans that you would want removed are on the ground floor (as is the case). Therefore it is not possible to remove those wall plans.

There may be other possibilities but we would need to see more angles from your building to see how and what.

Hm, true that, those walls have finished ones under them on the ground floor. Now I can't recall if i saw buildings with not finished ground floor walls under the upper floor archs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One way to get around the 'ground floor has to have completed walls around the exterior' restriction is to make a basement. dig down 33 dirt, do your exterior walls, bridge across to the 2nd floor so visually it's the first floor, then you can make whatever voids you want, including an inverted pyramid if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, thanks everyone, I think it's clear now: all the outer walls must be completed on the ground floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this