Sign in to follow this  
Caolon

Shoulder Pads Taking DMG When Worn

As in the title.

Chain shoulder pads that have never left player inventory were equipped. Had 0 dmg when equipped. While equipped, they gradually rose to 1.7 dmg during combat (seen at 0.4, 1.2, 1.6 and 1.7 dmg).

No other pads I've used have taken dmg this way and I can't see any reason why these should. The wiki entry only mentions dmg taken when outside player/merchant inventory, magical chest, and mail system.

Edit:

Worth noting, this dmg (from 0 to 1.7) was taken over a period of about 30-60 min, only some of which was spent in actual combat.

Edited by Caolon
Added some info
  • Like 1

I have a set of chain steel shoulder pads that have 21 damage on them now, all gained while in combat. My thought is that maybe they take damage when the protection that they offer is triggered, otherwise I've not seen any other shoulder pads take damage before.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. Chain shoulders, both have 9.50 damage. All damage was taken at 2 rifts. Been in my inventory since day one.

"Shoulder pads take damage when not in the player's inventory, on a merchant, in the mail, or in a magic chest and cannot be repaired." from wurmpedia, says nothing about taking damage from mobs.

Hello! Thank you for notifying us of this issue. 

To help with testing, can you tell us what creature(s) you were fighting when you noticed the damage appear?

I only used my shoulders during rifts, so it was one of those. Couldn't tell you which one for sure as many mobs were attacking me at once sorry.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, gnomegates said:

I have a set of chain steel shoulder pads that have 21 damage on them now, all gained while in combat. My thought is that maybe they take damage when the protection that they offer is triggered, otherwise I've not seen any other shoulder pads take damage before.

This is how they work, what pads, benefit, and armour were you wearing? 

They only apply to cloth/leather iirc, they were made to buff the lighter armours and most people wear stronger armour and dont notice it 

Edited by Archaed

this is a problem i noticed aswell but only on my mag priest them Triple shoulder pad just adding more info ill look material as soon ill log on

and for my priest is no fighting and it took dmg but ill store them in the LMC atm, hasnt taken dmg since ill saw it started to take dmg.