Sign in to follow this  
Schmettter

Marks store

Hello,

is it possible to remove the penalty to not have access to the mark shop when not having premium?

[14:33:45] You may only use the Marks store when premium.

i dont really know why this should be a problem in the end i already payed for the marks

and only reason i can think of is that you want to force the person to either spend additional RL money or ingame money beforehand

this is mostlikly ending in the exactly opposit direction

feel free to give a different understanable reason for this i havent thought about

and i would say this is a big handycap for returner who be like

"hey i want to play wurm again i have no silver and not much RL money but i have marks lets buy something for it and sell that to get premium"

You may only use the Marks store when premium.

"huh? does this mean i cant play? :( " -> Esc ->log off

+1 disapointed person

-1 potentional premium player 

Edited by Schmettter
  • Like 10

That does sound like a weird decision for them to have made.

If you have the currency accepted by an online store, you ought to be able to buy from it.

Agreed. It's a reward for being premium in the past, not for being premium at the moment. 

Also add a premium time marks option if you're not prem! 

Plus one. It is very problematic the way it is. Example, I wanted to check if any of my alts had enough marks to buy one more care slot for my animals, yet I'm unwilling to pay for premium on them if they aren't currently being played just to be able to check what marks they have or to use them. I didn't think to test whether the new /balances would work for them but it wouldn't really help anyway since they have no access to the marks store to use them.

2 minutes ago, Tilda said:

Plus one. It is very problematic the way it is. Example, I wanted to check if any of my alts had enough marks to buy one more care slot for my animals, yet I'm unwilling to pay for premium on them if they aren't currently being played just to be able to check what marks they have or to use them. I didn't think to test whether the new /balances would work for them but it wouldn't really help anyway since they have no access to the marks store to use them.

/balances 

would work to check your marks but you cant use them XD

... and by the time you've bought premium for them, the report from /balances would be out of date

Agreed.  I think access to sellable marks items from previously earned marks could provide an incentive to keep playing.  It will likely ease returning players back into the economy and keep lapsed-premium players in the 'playing habit', thus ensuring continuity of play during an unsure or impoverished period, hopefully for sufficient time for these players to have built up enough reasons and resources to prem again. +1

Very much agreed. That is a "currency" we have "paid" for already. I strongly believe it is more a bug than a design decision.