Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Never see rain or rainbows unless low graphics

Edit this a little:  I play on a PC with an Nvidia 1060 and a laptop with Intel 620 graphics.  When I play with the settings turned up on my Nvidia I rarely see rain and when I do it's super thin.  I don't see rainbows though.  I forget these are even part of the game until I play on my laptop where I have the graphics on low-medium.  With low graphics the rain stands out and I see rainbows.

Edited by nicedreams

Weather still is not included in the modern renderer. Moreover it seems to be tied to OpenGL versions below the current ones. Graphics controllers using older OpenGL show weather, rainbows, no pretty sky etc. even under modern renderer. That is the case with my notebooks (Linux) using the nouveau open source driver with MesaGL 3D support, but as it seems, also with Mac, or Macbooks.

• Like 1

Never seen any rainbow on modern graphics, but when i switch to legacy graphic settings, i can see them once in awhile. But either ways, i still crash in the game :(

Oh but, i do see cloudy days with thunder/lightning tho.

Edited by Darkelf
  • Like 1

Just ran into this,, couldn't believe it as I've never seen in rain in the game before -- I didn't even know there was a rainbow in the game.  This is with an nvidia 3060/12GB vram on a Ryzen 9 5950/32GB of ram.  Both pictures taken from the same location at the same time.

High graphics settings shows a sunny clear day: https://imgur.com/pTsDh8f

Low resolution cloudy, rain, and a rainbow: https://imgur.com/XDArumK