Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Karma Uses

Let's put together a quick list of straightforward alternative uses for Karma.

I'll go first.

Locate Mailbox cost: 100 karma. Gives directions towards the nearest enchanted mailbox. 

Locate Water cost: 100 karma. Gives directions towards the nearest well or fountain with a water supply. 

Improved Town Portal cost: 2000 karma. Takes the caster and their mount back to their home deed.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 4

Strongwall - 5000 karma, works like a spell

Cast lava - 5000 karma, works like a meditation ability

Enchant grass - 5000 karma, works like a meditation ability

Transmute to dirt - 5000 karma, transmute selected resource tile to dirt

Mark of the steed - 5000 karma, marking a horse , only one horse can be marked

Summon steed - 5000 karma, summoning marked horse to your location

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Strongwall - 5000 karma, works like a spell

Cast lava - 5000 karma, works like a meditation ability

Enchant grass - 5000 karma, works like a meditation ability

Transmute to dirt - 5000 karma, transmute selected resource tile to dirt

-1 Others may see it differently, but I dislike diluting meditation skills. As to priest spells, there are runes for a few.

Generally I see a slippery slope here. The dumbing down of beverages already highly compromised several fields such as alcohol making, compass crafting etc. besides beverages proper. Diluting meditating, NS and priests would be even worse.

59 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

I like those. Additionally, I would suggest

Summon corpse <player> - 3000 karma, summoning the corpse of other player, trusted friend or /invitations needed

• Like 1

Random affinity - 20k karma (maybe more? not sure what  would be a balanced cost for something like that)

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

-1 Others may see it differently, but I dislike diluting meditation skills. As to priest spells, there are runes for a few.

Generally I see a slippery slope here. The dumbing down of beverages already highly compromised several fields such as alcohol making, compass crafting etc. besides beverages proper. Diluting meditating, NS and priests would be even worse.

Well, I always hated playing on few characters, and my main is not a priest and never will be.

Would be nice if we could do some of priest spells, at cost of huge karma, to do some things, instead keeping an army of priests and log them in only to do so.

• Like 1

I don't think it would break the game to allow meditation abilities at the prices quoted.

I can enchant grass every 18 hours at zero cost. If someone else wants to spend 5000 on it, I won't begrudge them that one tile.

18 hours ago, Mantas said:

Random affinity - 20k karma (maybe more? not sure what  would be a balanced cost for something like that)

Yes and some ppl use their 1million karma to make affinity in everything

NAH for that

-1 For duplicating any Priest or Meditation ability.  Reason being you spend time and effort to get your Med up, to get your Faith up to be able to use those abilities. Or you save up and Pay someone to do it for you.

Karma is to easy to get to trivialize someone else effort and time.

Yes there are runes that simulate some spells and abilities. These I could see being used with Karma.

Charm animal

Sunder

Goat

Refresh

Reveal

Besides runes having such a horrible failure rate and you have to acutally collect materials to be able to make them.

So Yeah i could see these same abilities being used with Karma, but otherwise no for any other priest spell / med ability.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, Sheffie said:

Locate Mailbox cost: 100 karma. Gives directions towards the nearest enchanted mailbox. 

Love this one!

On 2/5/2022 at 3:27 PM, Wilczan said:

Really like these.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ekcin said:

Summon corpse <player> - 3000 karma, summoning the corpse of other player, trusted friend or /invitations needed

Love this!

I really like some of the ideas in this post, so I decided I'll add a few of my own.

Identify location - 50 karma, tells you in which grid square you are on the in-game map.

Summon Soul - 1000 karma, works the same as the summon soul spell, you just don't need a priest to do it. 

16 hours ago, Farmboy102 said:

Identify location - 50 karma, tells you in which grid square you are on the in-game map.

Excellent idea!

• Like 1

There is already option to identify location. You just need to activate dioptra and right click on the sun to get this info.

But I guess rarely someone is carrying a dioptra, so karma alternative could be nice too.

• Like 1

Potential karma uses, I'll include some that have been mentioned so far. Good karma should also help in surviving dangerous situations imho. 

1. Improved town portal - > great idea, would totally love to skip boring trek back home. I'd even make it so you could have an option to teleport with your wagon / cart back home at a cost of 4000 karma. 

2. Lucky feller - activate during climbing or falling  - reduces damage taken from falling by 50% and stam usage while climbing by 50%. Helps when you accidentally end up on a dangerous mountain. Cost - 2000 karma. 

3. Summon + mark steed - > excellent additions for PvE, reduces tedium. 

4. Summon friend - > can summon 1 friend to your location , works similar to summon soul, cost 5 000 karma. Advanced summon friend (with his mount) can be 10 k karma. 

5. See through fog - removes fog density so you can see in the distance - > 2000 karma. 

6. Transmutes - definitely ,  not everyone has the time or willingness to make a bunch of juice. 

7. Fair winds  - > increases boat speed by 30% for 10 minutes. Helps when there are no winds and travel is slow. Cost 3000 karma. 

8. Strong axles - > same idea for wagons or carts, increase speed by 30% for 10 min, cost 3000 karma. 

9. Locate avatar - > locates an avatar on the map giving you the proximity to the closest deed the avatar is near, or map grid. Cost 1000 karma, useful for missions or those wanting to finish a particular mission. 

10. Cure disease - > not everyone has a fo priest handy, and sometimes you just get unlucky and walk on a tile with 2 mobs and bam , diseased. Cost 1000 karma. 

11. Sunder me, I dare you -> One time immunity for an item when casting on it. It can't be sundered. It expires when anything is cast on an item. Cost 20 000 karma. 

12. Beam me up scotty (ok this can be changed, but it's funny for me) - > Projects a pillar of blue light (similar to a rift light) that lasts 1 minute. It reveals your location to other players in case someone wants to find you, maybe you're lost in the woods or in rocky terrain and a friend wants to come get you. Cost 1000 karma. 

• Like 2