Sign in to follow this  
Topher

Regaining Food level is painfully slow in wurn unlimited

I've been making stew but it only goes up a few percent in my hunger bar. Seems like I'd have to have a massive farm to get my food bar to 100%. Am I doing something wrong or just a bad server I'm on?

What was the ql on it?

The amount of nutrition and CCFP you gain from food is based on:

- Quality of the finished meal

- Number of steps it took to process the ingredients

- Base CCFP of the ingredients

Generally, the process for a good CCFP filler meal is to -

Fillet a meat with a butchering knife

Dice, then mince the meat, with a regular (non-carving, non-butchering) knife

Add a vegetable or two and chop those with a knife.

Fry the meat and vegetables on separate frying pans to cook them.

Fry the now cooked meat and veggies together on the same frying pan to make your meal.

Additionally, the quality of a meal is capped based on your skill in the relevant cooking sub-skill, usually Hot Food Cooking.  So ideally, you would grind out HFC levels by making breakfasts of only one food item en masse (using pottery bowls in ovens)

Edited by Brython

Also, I would like to sympathise with you.  When I first started Wurm, I was also really confused as to why I wasn't getting very much nutrition, CCFP, or food from what I would forage.  You're not doing anything wrong, it's just a complicated game and I believe in you.

Thanks I've juststarted playing on a server so my quality isn't high on food or anything

Yeah, this is absolutely a game where grind is a part of it.  However, the first few levels are very quick to gain - and most WU servers have 5-10x skill gain compared to WO (which I play), so getting your HFC to the point where food provides you with enough to get by will be quite quick, probably an hour or less of "pan filling"