Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 03-Feb-2022

43 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

Lmao.

You laughing about the fact you had to spend Silvers/Real money in this original intent of yours, about the sleep powders?

What i suggested it's available to everyone, literally. Not just to same old people with tons of sleep powders/silvers/lots of money that was going after extra skill gain in last few months, but is available to every new player that ever going to come to this game.

50 minutes ago, Vorticella said:

That is exactly what they were aiming for, wasn't it? They did say from the very beginning that it wasn't meant for everyone. It seems like some people are forgetting or not really grasping (or just not happy about) that aspect of it. It was seen as "drink that gives extra skill gain", but that was never the point and it was never intended to be something everyone is using every time they play.

People are not happy with all this windows of opportunity over and over and obvious issues being overlooked also over and over. All of the sudden is everyone fault for "not getting the intentions" about something that was obvious since day one. And why shouldn't we get something that it means to be for everyone?

On 2/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Dragging creature-edible items from bulk containers to hitching posts and feeding troughs should now work properly. Items will now automatically go into the internal container of hitching posts, troughs, and stills.
  • Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has been discovered.
  • Change: Bookshelves of all types may now hold a significantly larger quantity of items.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Bugfix: Added taste and eat context to camellia flowers.

I see they can now go into FSBs too. Yay!! 🤗

• Change: Caffeine created will now have a minimum ql of 5, so all caffeine should be drinkable.

This is good for newer players or those who don't have a lot of time to grind beverages so they can still make coffee for themselves :)

Haven't had much time to try out the other changes yet and I'm not sure I fully understand how everything works in practice, but it sounds like things are more in line with the original idea for caffeine. People are complaining about having to log out to get rid of restlessness, but caffeine is aimed at players who are normally offline enough that their sleep bonus is constantly full. The whole point is they are not able to spend as much time in the game. It makes perfect sense to do it this way and it's a clever way to make sure caffeine is useful for those who need it without letting the more active players abuse it to fast forward the game.

• Like 1

The only thing I am ticked about in this update is the poorly worded "skillgain bonus from caffeine at 100 power". I take it it was a multiplicative bonus before the update so basically it "didn't work right" as it was initially envisioned. 

Ok, I get that. But basically we got another system which was abused until it was working right. I can confirm skillgains are lower now, no biggie for me. But I can understand why people see it as a nerf. 

The rest of the update is ok, people are just ticked off that they can't game the system right now.  Realistically you'll still reduce restleness each time you logout, so that's fine. As for "encouraging players to not play" , come on. You can just turn on SB without caffeine buff and still get decent skillgain.  

Edited by elentari

After picking a bunch of coffee after the patch, it does not seem that the difficulty has been put in line with the other herbs/spices. It appears to be just as low difficulty as it was before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

After picking a bunch of coffee after the patch, it does not seem that the difficulty has been put in line with the other herbs/spices. It appears to be just as low difficulty as it was before.

what is your skill

I can confirm this. With skill 90.66 I got a skill gain of 0.000206 today from harvesting 240 planters, 180 coffee, and 60 cacao. I recall gains of around 0.004...0.007 from herbs and spices before on the same planter set. No difference to before patch.

Edited by Ekcin

On 2/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, Tor said:

Does the restlessness rise while you doing this skills on caffaine + sleep bonus, even tho they aren't benefiting from it? If so, can it be disabled that as well?

Does it rises while doing nothing?

Does it rises on queued actions even if they don't perform?

Hope it's get fixed soon or later.

Sign in to follow this