Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 03-Feb-2022

12 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Seems like caffeine is only giving 3x skill

gain and not 4x at 100% caffeine 

yee, for me too. Thats biggest nerf. So official lies in important think.

• Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 1.5x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine

or maybe sb skill gain was nerf too, I am not tested.

Edited by ftoz

1 hour ago, ftoz said:

yee, for me too. Thats biggest nerf. So official lies in important think.

• Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 1.5x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine

Patch notes say this: 

• Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 2x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine

So I’m assuming it was 4x bonus. 

Edited by DADLER

Before patch [15:11:32] Prayer increased by 0,0072 to 61,0053

after patch    [17:04:55] Prayer increased by 0,0054 to 61,1473

13 minutes ago, ftoz said:

Before patch [15:11:32] Prayer increased by 0,0072 to 61,0053

after patch    [17:04:55] Prayer increased by 0,0054 to 61,1473

No I think we missunderstood what the devs stated about coffe.
Being loosely formulated I think they meant it now does twice as much a SB used to do and not sleep bonus gains times 2. See the diffrence?

100% original skill gain, you put on sleep bonus and get 100% extra = 200% skill gain
100% original skill gain, you use coffe and get 100% x2 so a total of  = 300% skillgain

The old coffe did 200% x2 Sleep bonus gain instead and gave 400% Skill gain in total.

Im really bad at explaining this but hope this makes more sense? so I dont think SB is nerfed just coffe.

• "Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 2x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine"
Edited by Nocturnes

Seems a little extreme of a nerf, not sure why anyone would want to use x2 sleep bonus for x1.5 effective sleep bonus skill gain which is exactly what it is.... makes no sense at all :( RIP Caffeine.

Edited by Pnutp
  • Like 3

• This change does not affect the natural sleep bonus decreases, only the extra sleep bonus decreases relating to caffeine

I dont like that people, who cant clearly tell us, what is that patch about. But everyone guess right.

Edited by ftoz
  • Like 1

Only thing missing is been able to make khavesi in ovens, other then that this is a greate update

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has been discovered.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES X A MILLION 😛 AWESOMENESS DEVS PLUS 100 😛

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

Seems a little extreme of a nerf, not sure why anyone would want to use x2 sleep bonus for x1.5 effective sleep bonus skill gain which is exactly what it is.... makes no sense at all :( RIP Caffeine.

It makes perfect sense for people who log in, burn their sb on tending to their farm and shearing their sheep, and then do something else for a bit and log out.

I.e. the vast majority of players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

It makes perfect sense for people who log in, burn their sb on tending to their farm and shearing their sheep, and then do something else for a bit and log out.

I.e. the vast majority of players.

But you still lose out on SB skill as a result. So if you play for 1 hour you would use 2 hours sleep bonus and get 1.5hrs worth of skill. 

5 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

But you still lose out on SB skill as a result. So if you play for 1 hour you would use 2 hours sleep bonus and get 1.5hrs worth of skill. 

But it's still a benefit if you have a surplus of sb and only 1 hour of play time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

This is not acccurate, you consume 2 hours of sb, and gain 3 hours of skillgain, 1 for each of the sleep bonus and 1 for the hour of grinding. Given that you have no limit now on fatigue if you have 3 hours to grind and 3 hours of sb you would have got more skillgain doing 1.5 hours on caffeine and 1.5 not, now its the same using caffeine or not. Keeping the caffeine ignores fat breaks this as now it wastes sb due to the lack of fat reduction.

1 minute ago, Lethyria said:

This is not acccurate, you consume 2 hours of sb, and gain 3 hours of skillgain, 1 for each of the sleep bonus and 1 for the hour of grinding. Given that you have no limit now on fatigue if you have 3 hours to grind and 3 hours of sb you would have got more skillgain doing 1.5 hours on caffeine and 1.5 not, now its the same using caffeine or not. Keeping the caffeine ignores fat breaks this as now it wastes sb due to the lack of fat reduction.

unless I am miss understanding how this is working, I am going to make a little more simple

Lets say 1 action without SB or Caffeine takes 1 min and gives 1 skill....

Using 2 minutes of sleep bonus will give you....
3 skill with Caffeine
4 Skill without Caffeine

Is this not correct?

Just now, Pnutp said:

unless I am miss understanding how this is working, I am going to make a little more simple

Lets say 1 action without SB or Caffeine takes 1 min and gives 1 skill....

Using 2 minutes of sleep bonus will give you....
3 skill with Caffeine
4 Skill without Caffeine

Is this not correct?

It is correct but you are ignoring the value of time

You have 2 minutes to play and 2 minutes of sb
1 min on caffeine gives 3 skill

1 min off caffeine and sb gives 1 skill
So 4 skill total

2 mins on sb no caffeine gives 4 skill

Fat makes it not worth using not 3x

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Doubled the hold duration of every caffeine drink

Does this mean the effect timer is doubled? Example - if my 90QL kahvesi gave a 27min timer before it would be 54 mins now?

Edited by Odinstardew

1 minute ago, Lethyria said:

It is correct but you are ignoring the value of time

You have 2 minutes to play and 2 minutes of sb
1 min on caffeine gives 3 skill

1 min off caffeine and sb gives 1 skill
So 4 skill total

2 mins on sb no caffeine gives 4 skill

Fat makes it not worth using not 3x

The value of time is irrelevant as to whether you are getting more or less skill... Basically the only way there is any benefit from using coffee is like the comment above 'surplus sleep bonus'.... therefore only being usable by the player that plays less than 5hrs per week. Now I am all for helping the casual. But for all this work and to ONLY benefit the player that plays less than 5hrs a week seems like a SUPER nerf.

• Like 4

Yee, per long time actions caffeine is useless. it drain 2xSB but give only 1.5x at 100 power. Still usefull for better gain in small time like cooking.

Edited by ftoz

Just now, Pnutp said:

The value of time is irrelevant as to whether you are getting more or less skill... Basically the only way there is any benefit from using coffee is like the comment above 'surplus sleep bonus'.... therefore only being usable by the player that plays less than 5hrs per week. Now I am all for helping the casual. But for all this work and to ONLY benefit the player that plays less than 5hrs a week seems like a SUPER nerf.

You are comparing spending more time grinding to less and saying why does more time get the benefit.

They said they didn't want caffeine to be the meta when grinding, before it was optimal to use caffeine unless you hit fatigue, now caffeine lets you burn sb faster but doesn't let you get more skill than if you had time to burn the sb in the first place. I loved the extra skillgain from before because in 10 hours a week grinding I'd get more skill from burning my 5 hours with caffeine and grinding with no sb than just using sb

17 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

That describes the majority of players.

The real problem here is that those players aren't screaming on the forums or on discord, and they certainly don't have a spreadsheet to figure out the most optimal of raising some number in a table.

They (and everyone else) would be much better served if cooking and beverages gave tangible, useful bonuses instead of this malarkey, but that is neither here nor there.

28 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

It does make sense tho.

Let's say you grind for 2 minutes in both cases and you want to burn 2 minutes of sleep bonus:

You can use SB without caffeine and get "4 minutes of progress" in for 2 minutes of grinding. This is just normal SB use, everyone knows how that works.

Or you can use caffeine and 1min of SB (which then consumes 2 mins due to caffeine effect) for 1 minute and then grind for 1 minute with no SB. This gives "3 minutes of progress" for 1 minute and "1 minute of progress" for one minute.

Quite basic maths. In either case, burning 2 minutes of SB gives you an extra 2 minutes of progress. That's how sleep bonus is intended to work.

So let me assume people know their basic math and follows so far so I can move on to an actual math issue you can actually be mad about;

The fat from CCFP not affecting the bonus drain of SB.

My hypothetical example is equal assuming you have 0 fat from CCFP. Using caffeine is actually less efficient and less "skill gained per sleep bonus", but not due to how much skill gain you get but due to how much SB is actually drained during the use of SB in caffeine mode. 1 minute of SB-use burns 40 seconds of SB with 100 fat (let's be real, not that hard to get..), but using caffeine for 1 minute time drains 40sec+60sec (the 60 secs being the "bonus" drain part, not affected by fat).

Caffeine as a mechanic is great. For very very few people. For a lot of people (anyone who can comfortably burn their SB normally without caffeine), it's a dead mechanic in 99% of the cases. Too bad they couldn't make the decision to make fat affect the bonus drain too so at least it'd be neutral for every player.

Edited by Borstaskor

21 minutes ago, Lethyria said:

You are comparing spending more time grinding to less and saying why does more time get the benefit.

They said they didn't want caffeine to be the meta when grinding, before it was optimal to use caffeine unless you hit fatigue, now caffeine lets you burn sb faster but doesn't let you get more skill than if you had time to burn the sb in the first place. I loved the extra skillgain from before because in 10 hours a week grinding I'd get more skill from burning my 5 hours with caffeine and grinding with no sb than just using sb

Yeah I do agree with you... and although it does kind of benefit the super casual player it hasn't found a middle ground. As any person that can now spend more than 5hrs a week grinding maximises there skill gain from natural sleep bonus by not using caffeine.... where as the super casual doesn't. Not only do they get less skill from the SB they are the only people that are going to need to use caffeine and have to buy or make it.

Edited by Pnutp

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Bookshelves of all types may now hold a significantly larger quantity of items.

\o/

• Like 2

Bug - roasted cocoa beans won't go into FSBs anymore "Only unprocessed raw food items can be stored that way.". They were previously able to be stored in FSBs...please fix

1 hour ago, Odinstardew said:

Bug - roasted cocoa beans won't go into FSBs anymore "Only unprocessed raw food items can be stored that way.". They were previously able to be stored in FSBs...please fix

Roasted isn't raw 

Sign in to follow this