Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 03-Feb-2022

• Bugfix: Fixed opening links with spaces in them in an external browser.
  • Bugfix: Using the “Find on Wurmpedia” function on house walls should now search for the proper text.
  • Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in description of wide staircase with banisters on both sides.
  • Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in source crystal item description.
  • Bugfix: Pouring liquids is now allowed even when building or village permissions disallow dropping items.
  • Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in description of cheese sandwich.
  • Bugfix: Difficulty when picking from planters has now been fixed.
  • Bugfix: Coffee Ibrik smelting will now work correctly.
  • Bugfix: Fixed glowing coals on forges.
  • Bugfix: Gravestones will now show the correct material after burying something with them.
  • Bugfix: Dragging creature-edible items from bulk containers to hitching posts and feeding troughs should now work properly. Items will now automatically go into the internal container of hitching posts, troughs, and stills.
  • Bugfix: Fixed praying on corpses while having an item activated.
  • Bugfix: Fix for some chats not being cross server as intended.
  • Bugfix: Added taste and eat context to camellia flowers.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the weight of coconuts.
  • Bugfix: Caffeine values will now drop down correctly when entering decay.
  • Bugfix: Fixed caffeine timer looping.
  • Bugfix: Tea, coffee and hot cocoa should no longer say they will burn your mouth when tasted.
  • Change: Caffeine provided per bean has now been increased.
  • Change: You will now be able to drink caffeine even with a full water bar.
  • Change: Caffeine created will now have a minimum ql of 5, so all caffeine should be drinkable.
  • Change: Separated coffee into cream coffee and spiced coffee.
  • Change: Changed cream coffee recipe descriptions and naming.
  • Change: Made spiced coffee naming consistent with cream coffee.
  • Change: The following types of mineral veins have had their names changed for consistency:
    • “Marble wall” is now “Marble vein”
    • “Slate wall” is now “Slate vein”
    • “Sandstone” is now “Sandstone vein”
    • “Rocksalt” is now “Rock salt vein”
  • Change: Changed the description of the cacao pod.
  • Change: Camellia flower description changed to not mention pink flowers.
  • Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has been discovered.
  • Change: Bookshelves of all types may now hold a significantly larger quantity of items.
  • Bugfix: Reset coordinates on Farwalker twigs and stones in inventory / subcontainers on death (only on PVP servers).

And now for Caffeine Changes!

• Bugfix: Mint hot chocolate and hot chocolate will no longer give caffeine
  • Bugfix: Fix weights of various caffeine items
    • Coffee pot 0.10kg -> 1.50kg
    • Tea pot 0.10kg -> 1.50kg
    • Coffee cherries 0.05kg -> 0.15kg
    • Cacao pod 0.05kg -> 0.30kg
    • Coconut 0.50kg -> 0.40kg
    • Cacao beans 0.10kg -> 0.20kg
    • Coffee Ibrik 0.10kg -> 0.20kg
  • Bugfix: Fixed descriptions of various caffeine items
    • Camellia Flower
    • Cocoa Bean
    • Cacao Bean
  • Bugfix: Very small quantities of caffeine consumed will once again provide caffeine
  • Bugfix: Difficulty fix for picking produce from tea, coffee and cocoa planters
  • Bugfix: Coffee Ibriks are now heavy enough to smelt
  • Bugfix: Remove ability to pick seeds from yellow and white tea leaves
  • Bugfix: Caffeine spell effect should no longer appear stuck
  • Bugfix: Caffeine timer durations are now more accurate
  • Bugfix: Drinks that can be drank hot will no longer say they will burn your mouth
  • Bugfix: Consistency fix for colour of camellia flowers in models and icons
  •     New: Added new type of tea, Rose Petal tea
  •     New: Add optional ingredients to new beverages
  •     Change: Increased volume of teapot and coffee pot
    • Volume Teapot [10, 10, 20] -> [15, 15, 20] (Liquid 2.0kg -> 4.5kg)
    •  Volume Coffee Pot [10, 10, 20] -> [15, 15, 20] (Liquid 2.0kg -> 4.5kg)
  •     Change: Old tea recipes can now be created inside teapots
    • Peppermint tea
    • Spearmint tea
    • Camellia flower tea
    • Herb tea
  •     Change: Coffee beans can now be combined to allow easier bulk roasting
  •     Change: Campfires can now be made indoors
  •     Change: Caffeine drinks will no longer provide extra water
  •     Change: Caffeine drinks can be drank when the water bar is full
  •     Change: Doubled the potency of every caffeine drink
  •     Change: Doubled the hold duration of every caffeine drink
  •     Change: Disabled caffeine extra skillgain on meditation, lockpicking and shieldbashing
    • We have received various opinions on the current state of meditation and have been discussing it
  •     Change: Tea leaves will only oxidize outside of containers
  •     Change: Tea leaves oxidization timer will reset when moved into containers
  •     Change: Cocoa beans have been changed to Roasted cocoa beans to distinguish them from cacao beans.
  •     Change: Harvesting a Camellia bush will now produce a camellia flower. The camellia flower can be used for the herbal Camellia Flower tea recipe.
  • Add optional ingredients to new beverages:
    • Tea
    • Spice, sugar, milk and lemon
    • Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
    • Cream, milk, hazelnut oil, marshmallows, hum bugs
    • Coffee
    • hazelnut oil, sugar, chocolate, cocoa
    • Spiced coffee using any spice
    • Cream coffee using any cream
    • Black coffee renamed to Coffee due to optional ingredients
  •     Change: Instead of caffeine consuming fatigue, using caffeine with sleep bonus will now develop restlessness, up to a maximum of 5 hours restlessness.
    • Upon reaching 5 hours, caffeine will stop providing its extra skillgain and sleep bonus drain.
    • When logged out regardless of bed, restlessness is reduced at the same rate that sleep bonus is gained.
    • Sleeping in beds does not affect how restlessness reduction performs.
    • Restlessness and Alcohol Decay Rate can be found in the Spell Effects window.
  • Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 2x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine
  • Change: Caffeine sleep bonus decrease speed now unaffected by CCFP fats
    • This change does not affect the natural sleep bonus decreases, only the extra sleep bonus decreases relating to caffeine
  • Like 4

Seems like none of the feedback between the latest pass of the caffeine changes and the actual update was taken in to account. Sad times.

No ibriks in ovens

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has discovered.
  • Change: Bookshelves of all types may now hold a significantly larger quantity of items.

So happy about these 2. Thank you!

• Like 6

Some good bug fixes, but definitely disappointed with this:

14 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Disabled caffeine extra skillgain on meditation, lockpicking and shieldbashing

• We have received various opinions on the current state of meditation and have been discussing it

The caffeine changes are also very disappointing. Do we still have to log off to regain restlessness?

What is disappointing, is that caffeine is just another boring meta-mechanic. This house of cards of interlocking gameplay systems that only manipulate how fast a number in a table raises is deeply unsatisfying. It feels like it was designed exclusively for the people who only play to raise numbers, and as demonstrated, they can not be made happy unless number raises faster forever.

So many recipes; all useless. Why is this all so boring?

• Like 5

Removed a compromise that allowed two different playstyles (either burst skilling or longer duration skilling to trade more time for skill) and made it into something almost everyone has to min/max, way to go hurting those with less time.......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Some good bug fixes, but definitely disappointed with this:

The caffeine changes are also very disappointing. Do we still have to log off to regain restlessness?

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • When logged out regardless of bed, restlessness is reduced at the same rate that sleep bonus is gained.
  • Sleeping in beds does not affect how restlessness reduction performs.

It would appear that yes, they wish for people to not play the game in order to regain restlessness.......seems foolish to me to require people to log out and not play the game as the only way to regain a benefit.

Other bug fixes are always nice to see, thank you for those. Guess we shall see how this new caffeine system works.

• Like 2

Window of opportunity that should've been shut 3 days after it was released. 

It was stated in the feedback that there would be a 1 hour minimum log out time to start to regain restlessness, was this actually added into the way it works? I don't see this in the patch notes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gnomegates said:

It was stated in the feedback that there would be a 1 hour minimum log out time to start to regain restlessness, was this actually added into the way it works? I don't see this in the patch notes.

If so that we will notice it, but this mostly going to be for HC grinders but how do u find time to do that.

Can you make Restlessness work like sleep bonus when porting between Epic and Freedom?  Currently gain sleep bonus like if was sleeping in a bed on Freedom if I port over and play on Epic for awhile.  Can Restlessness work the same way without having to log off?

2 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

Since it  is tied to the rate of gaining sleep bonus, yes. Sleep bonus is the same. From wiki: "Sleep bonus is gained through the use of a bed: log out by right-clicking a vacant bed inside a completed house and select 'Bed' > 'Sleep'. A player receives 1 minute of sleep bonus for every 24 minutes of sleep, with a maximum of 5 hours of stored sleep bonus. Minimum time to stay asleep is 1 hour."

• Like 2

Wow, so much negative feedback. 

It's my assumption that the caffeine system's target is the player that want's to raise their skill but doesn't have a lot of play time. I assume the same about the sleep bonus in general. This doesn't really apply to me as I'm not in a hurry to max every skill. Perhaps in the rl summer months I'll use sleep/caffeine more intentionally to max my outside time. 

With these things in mind I love that Wurm has mechanics in place that allow me to trade play time for skill gains. I also love that these systems 'make sense'? Meaning there is some connection to the 'story' of Wurm. Sleeping recharges your brain for more learning. Caffeine is a mild stimulant. The many different tea/coffee recipes allow you to get a target affinity as well. That said I hope we can put the caffeine system to bed for a while and work on other areas of improvement, I'm betting the devs feel the same.

Good update!

How bout an archery update next?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, bigtree said:

Let me fix that one for you.

Spoiler

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 3

So while watching the feedback thread get ignored, I was wanting to make sure I understood correctly the basic intention of how this is supposed to work and its I intended market. 

I am seeing a lot of people using the phrase that they have made a mechanic that requires you to not  be playing but I think this has missed the mark entirely but requires certain confirmations of reading between the lines and the Devs to say it is correct. 

Does sleep bonus go back to acting as normal when you are at full restlessness?  Including CCFP effects. 

If this is the case. Then caffeine, restlessness and sleep bonus are at a natural parity and you will always be working off restlessness at the same rate as earning sleep bonus so they will always equal 5 hours total. 

All this is targeted at players who log in in short bursts and don't drain sleep bonus. 

For those with higher pools due to journal or marks spend, or those who snack on Sleep Powders, I doubt you are the intended target of this mechanic and as long as sleep bonus goes back to normal at 5 hours restlessness you are still going to be able to enjoy your grinds. 

Could anyone elaborate if I am missing something somewhere? 

• Like 2

Sleep bonus was already targeted at people who spend a lot of time not playing, i.e. not playing every waking hour. That was the original intent back in the day.

It was only later that more ways of gaining sleep bonus were added and the original intent was lost. Caffeine is basically doing the same all over again.

Inb4 restlessness-removal-powder gets introduced…

• Like 5

No you dont.

Indeed the mechanic is aimed at players with more logoff time than logon time, but so far the mechanic was abe to be used by high skilled players that used max coffee, grinded, made themself puke with an alt to lower the water bar to keep the bufff running while snacking on sleep powder to get more sb and so on till their fatigue kicked in. That is no longer possible and is making some people salty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Disabled caffeine extra skillgain on meditation, lockpicking and shieldbashing

Does the restlessness rise while you doing this skills on caffaine + sleep bonus, even tho they aren't benefiting from it? If so, can it be disabled that as well?

Does it rises while doing nothing?

Does it rises on queued actions even if they don't perform?

Edited by Tor

caffeine still uses fatigue, didn't it had to change to restlessness and stop using fatigue

Seems like caffeine is only giving 3x skill

gain and not 4x at 100% caffeine 

34 minutes ago, Ksss said:

caffeine still uses fatigue, didn't it had to change to restlessness and stop using fatigue

Yeah I thought that was the case too, probably just a bug. But the restlessness will always hit before fatigue anyway

Edited by Nocturnes

35 minutes ago, Ksss said:

Still uses fatigue, as all actions do, but doesn't seem to be using it at 4x the rate that it was prior to update.

Edited by Rockmodd

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has discovered.

*happy dance* That is awesome, thanks team :wub::wub:

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this