Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Stories of Community in Wurm

Share all the stories you can of times where you were helped, helped others, etc. Things that count as player made lore such as the Great Loom push from deli! I wanna hear and see them if you have any pictures as well!

• Like 2

Okay, I already have some in story form:

In my first few days in Wurm, I would have quit if a stranger hadn't offered to help me find my last corpse, recover my gear, and give me a ride there and back again.

This one briefly mentions some advice and recommendations.

This one tells of a player who I had never had any dealings with helping me out;

Early on I came to the forum for help in getting up to speed, equipment-wise.  I  was sent bunches of starter gear.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

Too much to remember all, but always remember the first time. 

Exploring the map on the first day of wurm, drowned in the middle of a lake.

Didn't know should stop moving while drowning, eventually respawned at the starter town. Pm the person who chatted a bit in the local before, asking the person what should i do, some items lost, how to get back there.

The person was nice, answering the questions and got a row boat. Sailing to the corpse and regain the items back. Said bye bye and thank you then started exploring the map again within a couple days but eventually decided to settle near the person and the lake. 

Another experience i remembered, was going to a dragon slaying site.

Me and deedmate went there separately by ships, he lead too much mobs and got killed, he tried to walk back to the place where he died. Told him to stay at starter town and wait for my ship. He died again and got frustrated, low energy to go back to his corpse and consider quitting.

Eventually we went to the dragon slay site on time, at the very last minutes. After the slaying he needed to go back to his ship and sail to his corpse but i need to go offline.

I remembered a guy who appear in the dragon site live near his ship, so asked the guy to help him with a free ride.

The next day i online. Deedmate was happy as usual and he was glad that a stranger guy helped him. He got energetic to find his corpse and he got it. He sent a scale or blood from the dragon slay to the guy who help him for appreciation. 

I guess lending tools and animals are common in wurm, but one time i lent silvers because the guy in the middle of no where to find a mailbox to exchange the silvers between toons and also because of the mailbox transfer delay time.

In this game some people get the satisfaction from slapping. A part of the wurming time is to press the slap button to help them. Is there a way to hotkey it and make the delay shorter. I should charge them instead of helping for free.

• Like 1

Back in early 2018, I helped @KindraShaewhen she was relatively new to game and setting herself up on a nearby island. But mostly, I befriended her.

A few months later, I was hit with a most unusual and severe case of burnout for Wurm. I quit the game entirely announced and basically decided one day to stop logging on.

Fast forward to 2022, and Wurm found its way back into my life again. The itch for this game never really goes away for good. I was welcomed back to the game by Kindra, who has by now become one of the most established and altruistic people on the server. For all these years, she's kept alive one of my original 35km/h horses, completed with the enchanted horse kit and the Christmas present saddle sacks. I would not have known, until she brought it up and offered to return the horse to me.

This is probably the closest I've come to shedding a year in an online game, so thank you Kindra 😀

• Like 4
  • Cat 1