Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Building on sloped ground - Solid Foundation Blocks

Another game I play is Conan Exiles.  In that game, you can't edit the shape of the land.  To build there, they solid square foundation blocks, which are the equivalent of a 1x1 house tile here.  They can be placed into the ground, with part of it submerged and part exposed to the air.  THis allows us to create a building platform on the side of sloped hill or mountain, where we can add walls, doors, fencing, etc.

I would think this could be done in Wurm, if only where the dirt layer is thick enough, because tucking it into rock could create a lot of issues with mines.  We use the "drop - place" feature to position the first foundation block, then any additional blocks would "snap" to the first one.  I think the mechanics for this already exist with bridge structures, which have footings that are effectively buried into the ground on slopes and also completely solid.

A change like this would allow for so much more creativity in building out our deeds, no longer forcing everyone to flatten out huge areas of land for each building.

nxCtIk0.png

• Like 12

Yes, please.

Or let us build on "stumps" as we call it here (don't know what other vernacular names are used).  Essentially a raised flooring/decking system.  Of course, that would mean being able to build steps outside the building (please please please), but will mean I could finally build a fair dinkum, honest to goodness Queenslander, complete shot-gun hallway, wraparound verandah, and external stairs.

• Like 1

External stairs would be excellent. We have those in Conan too. Matching stairs to go with all the different building types.  Honestly, I'm surprised we don't already have more stair material options already, but seeing all the new brick types for forges, etc, there is great hope for the stairs to upgrade too!

I sometimes play Conan Exiles as well and would absolutely love this being implemented! Perhaps also triangle foundations, that would allow for round structures. But since I dont have any technical knowledge about how these things are done, I m not even sure, if it would be possible.

We've talked about these several times in the past and I personally would like to have this option. So it might happen at some point, no ETA though :)

• Like 7

Would be awesome. Can you imagine how a row of stair around Dragonfang on Indy would look? Would be a great hiking trek.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saroman said:

We've talked about these several times in the past and I personally would like to have this option. So it might happen at some point, no ETA though :)

Made my day!!