Sign in to follow this  
WittleBunnBun

Do you ride a unicorn?

8 hours ago, Archaed said:

This. 

They have a lot of strange counters that are set there to apparently avoid them being too OP, but find themselves so limited they fall behind horses and hell horses in every single way. 

Big Sad.  🥺

• Like 1

I actually used to ride unicorns A LOT earlier in my gaming time.  I had my favorite (which unfortunately finally died of old age despite being cared for), and after I lost him...I kinda lost some of the passion for breeding.  I actually do still breed unicorns for fun, and find it kinda funny I have pretty good luck with draft unicorns. :D

It is very annoying to have to be careful if you use them for a mount, to have them constantly targeted by anything the wind blows past.  I lost quite a few when I was out exploring, so I had to switch to regular horses after about the 5th time of walking back to get my corpse (because of course I was killed right after my unicorn was!).  I liked they could help in the fight with lesser creatures, but that benefit was very limited. 

Overall I wish I could ride them more, it's just too much hassle at the end of the day.  Now I have my favorite mounts and that works for me. :)

• Like 1

A plausible way to make it more interesting to use would be to change the aggro range of the tamed unicorns so that, even if they continue to aggro mobs, the probability is much lower. What do you think?

• Like 2

I would love to but no since you have to keep them tame and off deed that is a no-no.  You can even give someone a lift on a unicorn, although then it is very slow going.  But how cool would it be if we could ride and hitch them and they are untame while we use them?  So cool.