Sign in to follow this  
Moxie

Harmony Introductions

Now that we're a year on from the chaos of the Steam launch and lots of people have settled into their long-term spots, I thought it might be nice to have an introductions thread. Feel free to say hello, what your name is, if you've played before, where you live, etc. 

I'll go first. 🙂

On Harmony, I go by Rosalie (Fo Priest) and Teaghan (Builder/Crafter). I first co-founded a deed called Harmony Cove at launch, but recently started a new deed called Tanglewood at Q-10. 

I've been playing Wurm Online (badly) since Spring of 2011, first on Independence, then Exodus and Xanadu, all as the character Moxie. I say I play badly because I'm terrible at grinding skills. I just play naturally and make things pretty and go exploring, for the most part. Love this game for all the different ways you can play. 

Your turn! 😄

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 10

Lovely thread idea!

My name's Lexington, going by Brython in-game and on here.  I mainly do fine carpentry, dyes, and various cooking jobs.  I helped start Bay of Twelve (E15) this November, moving to form Saint Brighid (D14) in early-mid December.  This is my first server and have only been playing since November, and my main goal is to similarly play naturally and form lots of friendships, while making a lovely eden for myself and my friends.

• Like 5

Heyo, name is Kellen in game o/

I do a bit of everything skillwise as I mainly just level as I need stuff. Currently sitting at 84 Carpentry, 76 Digging, 74 Fighting, 71 Masonry, and 70 Blacksmithing as my higher skills and I have started the slow build of Ship Building recently (currently about 800 pieces into a Knarr).

When the server first started I helped found Emberwynn Harbor with a group of friends at G9. After fulfilling bulk orders nonstop for the first 6 or so months we took a break from orders to actually build up the deed while others took a break from the game in general. After about a month of being on break others had lost interest in the game so a friend and I made our way to live at Moenia (P19ish). Lived there for a few months before players started disappearing again and decided to go make my own deed at Erith (H9). After being at Erith for about a month I convinced my wife (Allyia) to try out the game and she has been accompanying me ever since :) She mainly works on Farming, Animal Husbandry, and Leatherworking. Since Erith has been founded (have been trying to keep the deed fairly simple) we have done some terraforming (actually had to fix what previous players had destroyed before we could start building), a small two story house, a small two story barn, a decent sized warehouse to hoard all of our junk, a canal leading into an underground dock where our blacksmith is, and have made a botanical garden where we keep our deer :)

Before the steam release I had played Wurm for maybe a couple of months on Xanadu but never really got the hook until the steam release.

I love to keep terrain as natural as possible as the huge flat deeds just seem unappealing. That being said, Asgarde (in addition to the Bifrost Canal) has got to be my favorite deed on Harmony that I have seen :D

• Like 6

Hello all!  Ssmokes here :)

I've been playing since 2012 I believe, while taking breaks on and off.   I started on Pristine (smokes on SFI, character was sold, god bless RMT), then moved to Xanadu, took a break for a few years and came back from the steam launch.

At launch, it was pretty difficult to find a shore area, and ended up finding my piece of heaven on the north shore of Harmony, D18.  

I'm a semi-hardcore skiller.  I love grinding skills! :)  When i'm not skilling i take on larger building projects.   

Want to know more?  ask! :)

~Ssmokes

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

Hi Everyone, 

On Harmony I go by Lyndee, and my alt is Preema (though she rarely wakes up). I have alts on Serenity (Lynd and Sylveen) actively. Inactive alts at the moment are on Indy, Xanadu, and I have a semi active alt on Exodus as well.  I have been playing Wurm now for about 5 years, and I am simply addicted to it! LOL

I started Oak Hill Ranch on Harmony within the first week of the server opening and I still love that piece of Wurm as much today as I did the day I found it.  Mostly I work my time on Oak Hill as a large scale breeder - breeding everything non agro imaginable, but I have skilled up in many other areas as I build, clear and terraform for the deed. I have a more than a few active mates on the deed, and it is constantly growing and changing. 

I always look forward to meeting players old and new, if your passing through Oak Hill watch local, if I or my mates are on you will usually get a Hello from one of us.  So any and all of you are welcome to drop by anytime!

• Like 6

Haloo! I am Siina in-game and originally started the Steam release on Cadence. I played there, founding Cutienautica and then later Maplenut Grove, before going on a hiatus. Now that I am back, a friend shipped me to Harmony, where I spent a few days with @LynDand the others are Oak Hill. Now I've got my own deed, Rosewood Forest, near them -- it is an entire neighbourhood of amazing people.

Originally I started on Independence some 12-14 years ago, but after a few years life got in the way, and I didn't come back until the Steam release. A friend asked if I'd heard of the game, and the rest is history.

I love building and farming, and right now Rosewood Forest is shaping up to be a cosy little place.

• Like 7

Hello, everyone!

I am Naeri in-game (would have been Limewood, but there was a mishap at Steam launch) and am situated on the coast of Eastern Island, in Laevendell (around J23), where I've made myself a small, cosy homestead, focusing mostly on farming and forestry, to support my cooking. I love to try and find new recipes, but strongly dislike grinding cooking, in fact, I kind of dislike most grinding in general, so I tend to let my skills increase naturally as I do things, at least as long as it allows me to do what I want right now.

Previously I had two friends who had never played before set up near me, but one of them left long ago and the other plays very rarely (mostly when we record Wurm videos together). Since I am thus usually alone on my deed, I have to do a little of this and a little of that, but apart from the cooking I mostly enjoy building and woodworking and my current project is a Knarr, to complete the next step of my journal (I'm very happy to see a journal rework, btw).

Before the Steam launch I've played Wurm now and then for a long time (I think when I first started you had to choose a kingdom and there might only have been one server), but I never played for more than a few months. With the Steam launch I decided to give it another go and finally got much farther than previously, which made the experience so much more pleasant. It was also very nice to have frequent Twitch streams to watch, to discuss Wurm things and find out about what other people were doing in other places.

Feel free to come visit if you're in the neighbourhood (I play in EU time zone times) and I'll make you an affinity pizza for lunch!
If I'm not around, I also have a small Inn with free food in the larder.

• Like 2

Hello On Harmony I am Oriana and the Deed is Excelsior it is at E 24 or around there somewhere!! Nice to meet you all!

• Like 2

Hello all, nice to meet fellow people on Harmony.

Started off playing on Cadence over a year ago, I was getting griefed on there so left to take a break. I then played Wurm Unlimited for 8 months and built a nice deed on Sklotopilis.

I decided to give Wurm Online another go and settle for Harmony as it is alot quieter and less drama. Hopefully I have a better experience here than last time. I am DannyUKK in game and on D23 Ebonreach

I plan to travel all around the map at some point and visit everyones deed, I like to see what people have built.

Hope everyone is well and take care.

• Like 1

Rihanna, owner of Quintesse at M19.

peaceful easy living on a rural deed. I love building things, including infrastructure like highways and guard towers.

Newbie from Steam Launch.

• Cat 1

Hi everybody!

Daagard here from The Dragon Nest Q18.

Have been around Wurm for many years, sadly didn't have too much time to play. I jumped to Harmony the first day and settled on the Q18 coast side. Worked in a road to connect with the high road inland and yesterday (6 august 2022) I finished it. Not the best work, but at least now there is a road and I also made a tower in the middle. I'm now working on making an inn in front of that tower so in case anyone is traveling those woods and need to log off somewhere safe they will have a place to do so.  

Let me know if anyone you need anything and if there is any alliance going on in the zone.

Have fun!

Thalon, owner of Thalon's Foundry at Oak Hill Ranch (N17)

Been playing WO on and off over the past year after meeting Mumin and Lyn. Do a smattering of things, but I'm primarily a general smith who works on horseshoes, tools, and the occasional suit of chain. I source my own materials from the mines and try to make decent quality items for the folks there. I also enjoy my share of hunting and combat, whether it be during exploration or a Rift.

• Cat 1