Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Enable the "Reject" button for returned mail

Say for the sake of argument that I send someone a pelt, COD for 1 iron, but they Return it rather than accept delivery. Perhaps they got a better offer, or perhaps they didn't have money in the bank. Perhaps they don't return it, but simply log out and never return. After ~ 2 weeks I get imps whispering in my name, telling me that I need to pay them 1c in order to receive an item that I didn't want two weeks ago and still don't want. Or I can listen to them whispering in my ear, every so often, until I go insane, or crack and pay the ransom.

Why?

Why go to the trouble of disabling the Return button, when the item is returned to the sender?

All it does, really, is cut short the waiting period before the mail is officially marked "unwanted".

If the recipient can use that button why shouldn't the sender be able to?

• Like 2

You send someone a pelt and CoD 1 iron

They press return to sender

2 weeks later 

You get whispering from imps to pay 1 Copper so they can return the item

8 hours ago, Sheffie said:

If the recipient can use that button why shouldn't the sender be able to?

Well if the return button was showed for you when you get a mail returned 

then you both could keep on pressing that and mail gone back and forth 

Instead there should be a button "Delete" so you could press that and the mail got deleted 

A question I think of in this is: Why does it take 14 days to get the mail back?????

Send it instantly back to sender

(let sender get a chance to sell to someone else direct)

No need to wait 14 days since the reciver cant change his mind after pressed return 

• Like 1

Currently, if it is returned by the player, it's returned immediately. It only takes 14 days if the player receiving the mail does nothing and lets it sit there ( either intentionally or if they don't log in ).

ohh ty for clarify that I heard it takes 14 days for return and couldnt figure out why :)

so this is great news for me  :)

Edited by Maiya

22 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Perhaps they don't return it, but simply log out and never return. After ~ 2 weeks I get imps whispering in my name, telling me that I need to pay them 1c in order to receive an item that I didn't want two weeks ago and still don't want.

+1 This happened to me and I was not amused as I was low on funds and trying to preme in-game so every copper counted.

Edited by Katrat