Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Is it possible to get the alcoholic title?

Was curious if it was still possible to get the Alcoholic title. From what I recall you had to get to a high enough addiction level. 

My char has been drunk for 20 hours straight, alcohol level was always above 50 and below 90. Has it been removed or are there new requirements in place? 

ive been drunk for a few days to get that title so yes it is possible :D  any place and dont get sober

A few days? Damn. How many hours real time did you have to maintain the status effect? 24? 48? 72? 

It was around 24 hours in real life - took me 2,5 days to get that title.    You can do anything in wurm but you have to be non stop drunk :D 

edit- i was doing it in April 2020

Edited by Khaleesi

So 4 more hours to go if my math isn't wrong then :)) I'll keep you posted. Once finished, we should update this stuff on the wurmpedia, it's missing some info. 

I just got this title a little over a month ago. It has nothing to do with how long you stay drunk it has to do with drinking while already drunk to raise your addiction level to 10,000. Basically you want a measuring cup set to a small amount and just continuously keep taking sips until you get it. I want to say it took me a few hours to get it. 

Adzman

Edit: Just went back to check logs. It took 1.5 hours of filling measuring cups and drinking. I went about 10 extra minutes because the title message doesn't pop up on screen and you spam past it with all the filling and drinking actions. So start checking your titles window after an hour and a half or so.

Also be aware that after you will detox for a while, getting a shake and tremble message for every 1000 points of addiction you lose. During this time I read that if you were repairing something there was a chance of instead getting massive damage on the item. Didn't happen to me but I didn't risk it on anything important either, I just took it easy until it went away.

Edited by adzman
  • Like 2

How is alcohol addiction level measured btw? In number of sips taken? I see the status effect for being drunk, but not one for "addiction". 

You mentioned taking sips. In what dose? 0.1 kg? 0.2 kg? 0.01 kg? Seems like a convoluted goal with no clear progress bar tbh 

Edited by elentari

Every time you drink while your drunkeness is above 20 your addiction goes up 10 points. You need to raise that to 10,000. 2g sips is what I got it with. I used 5 measuring jugs set to that because that is how many actions I had at the time. Fill them and drink them as quickly as you can. There is no way to see your current addiction level so it's all about just keep drinking and like I mentioned above there is no pop up saying you got the title so you need to check every so often to see.

[09:50:05] After you finish drinking you will start drinking again.

[11:20:42] You have just received the title 'Alcoholic'!

That's from my log

• Like 3

6 hours ago, adzman said:

[09:50:05] After you finish drinking you will start drinking again.

That's dedication to a cause! Well done.

PS: Kids, don't try this at home.

• Like 2