Sign in to follow this  
Brython

Natural Fruit Forest Etiquette?

Evening all,

I'm curious on if Wurm (or a subset, such as my server/cluster of Harmony/NFI) has an unofficial polite custom for harvesting fruits from natural/public fruit forests (i.e. not artificial on-deed orchards)

Is there a specific or general amount of fruit that's considered okay to harvest, and past that being selfish/greedy?

I would like to start my own orchard once I have higher forestry skill, and also don't want to hog a lot of fruit that other Wurmians could use themselves.

• Like 1

I have never encountered any problems with how much fruit I've harvested. My own orchard is entirely off deed and others are welcome to it. 

Harvest to your hearts desire! 

• Like 2

There is nothing in the rules that says you can't harvest off-deed, open-land resources such as fruit, lumber, dirt, etc. If you have close neighbors, though, and want to be courteous, you can always ask them if the fruit forest is important to them. Otherwise, get that fruit! 🙂

It's awesome that you're being considerate though!

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 6

Let me echo Modros' words and say that it's absolutely outstanding that you are being considerate! That's the secret to longevity in Wurm and making some awesome friends. Glad to have you with us!

Orchards are fun to keep and take care of, so good luck with yours!

• Like 1