Sign in to follow this  
MechaDangerous

Has anyone had success with LinuxGSM?

I'm curious if anyone is currently running a server via LinuxGSM and if that's been successful for them? I'm at my wit's end trying to troubleshoot why the server won't start and just wanted to make sure I'm not just beating a dead horse here. Anytime I try to start the server it just says it was unable to start and the only log I can find that's at least somewhat relevant says is exited with a code 1. I have another game server on the same box using LinuxGSM and that seems to start up just fine, but Wurm just won't start and I can't figure out why.

So yeah, anybody out there using LinuxGSM successfully? Is there a trick to it that I'm not realizing?

Edited by MechaDangerous

I've got it working. The problem is that there are some dependencies that it misses and doesn't install so you need to look at the errors using ./wurmserver debug command AND you need to copy your folder whether it's Creative or Adventure over to your server files directory from the dist folder. There is also WU issue where need to rebuild the dbs files and Sqlite (I found a forum post with the helpfull links here on this forum) because they did not make it linux friendly.  You then need to run modloader.sh THEN run patcher.sh, afterward I deleted the vanilla WumerServerLauncher.exe file and renamed WurmServerLauncher-patched  removed the "-patched" part so that LinuxGSM runs the patched and modded WU. Hope this helps someone else, It took me a few weeks to get this all figured out.