Sign in to follow this  
Brisola

Why can t we sell lock at deed token ?

So, why can door lock, small and large padlock be sold at the deed's token ?

On 1/16/2022 at 5:11 PM, Brisola said:

So, why can door lock, small and large padlock be sold at the deed's token ?

I assume you mean "not" be sold. Well, my take is because Rolf programmed it that way long ago, and the devs did not deem it necessary to change it. There may even have been a reason for, as keys played a larger role in access and permission management in the part, before permission management as we know it  today was implemented, and e.g. padlocks by default applied to vehicles.

Whether or not there was a reason not to make them sellable at the token, that might be changed of course. I don't see game breaking issues when doing so, but also can well live with the current situation.

Wasting high ql metal to get few irons... sounds "smart", lets not allow it.. we seem to have lived happily ever after..

Just sacrifice the few locks you have no use for?

They are gg favor for mag priests.. sell/gift to such.

You can sell bow strings if you're into creation and selling to token, it's much more efficient.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your answer !

the reason i asked is i want to make lock pick. i need to reach level 25 in locksmithing so i am crafting locks. i have 100 of them to get rid of making a little bit of money. 

Lock/keys can t be smalt in a smelting pot neither apparently 😞

Edited by Brisola

Out of curiosity,  what do people do with all their unwanted locks and keys?

I've found a bunch around me that were all that was left of old deeds.  Since I don't like them polluting the landscape, I picked them up and for a lack of a better solution I have been dumping them in the middle of the lake near me. 

Perhaps we could get some sort of lock/key recycle bin located at the starter towns or something.

32 minutes ago, Gwiz said:

Out of curiosity,  what do people do with all their unwanted locks and keys?

Sacrifice them at altars.

14 minutes ago, crimsonearth said:

Sacrifice them at altars.

Is that ANY altar? Do I have to be a follower? 

2 minutes ago, Gwiz said:

Is that ANY altar? Do I have to be a follower? 

You do, yes, then you have to get your faith up to 10+ with prayer and then can sacrifice at any altar of the god you follow. You can get converted by any other follower or priest of the religion you're after. Vynora is the most prolific on PVE and Libila the least. Worth being a follower of a god, if only to be able to sac things that don't decay (like locks and keys) and participate in saccing missions but there are some nice skilling bonuses to be had for being a follower too. Win-win.

Thanks for the info.  I haven't explored the religion stuff yet...I'm still too busy figuring out other stuff at the moment. Plus I rarely see anyone in local to convert me and I'm too chicken to make the pilgrimage to Chaos anyways.  :)