Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Expand all in cooking recipes crashes client

At present I have 554 cooking recipes. When selecting expand all under the name tab. This will make the client not responsive.  Thus forcing me close the client via windows close or wait menu.

Edited by gorgian

Sounds like graphics.jar issue.. more people were to complain about this if listing 500+ recipes was an issue, redownload graphics.jar,

can only confirm that this is not at all an issue for ~200 recipes, know a few with near to full recipe list - heard none of them complain about crashes listing anything -> probably the issue is in your client

Redownload graphics.jar.. or cause a hang and wait for responsiveness or crash to provide crash log, is it possible that problem is coming from slow harddisk reading etc.. (old pc)?

33 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Sounds like graphics.jar issue.. more people were to complain about this if listing 500+ recipes was an issue, redownload graphics.jar,

can only confirm that this is not at all an issue for ~200 recipes, know a few with near to full recipe list - heard none of them complain about crashes listing anything -> probably the issue is in your client

Redownload graphics.jar.. or cause a hang and wait for responsiveness or crash to provide crash log, is it possible that problem is coming from slow harddisk reading etc.. (old pc)?

Did the ones you know with nearly full recipe list try to "expand all"? Ive never crashed either in recipe list except when i did that.

Would be quite easy to reproduce (unless there are some bugged .jar files, which i doubt i have). Can try again little later today. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

With 205 recipes I get ~10seconds hanged process but then the game resumes normally (just do not click, wait for it to resume), what happens if you hold your clicks for 20-30missipis?

I have 604 recipes.  I'm missing the new coffee recipes.  I tried "Expand All".  Got a blue swirly as my computer tried mightily to obey.  Task Manager reports the GPU is spending up to 99.8% of it's time on that client.  It's been 14 minutes with no further apparent action.  Going for the "force close" solution. 

• Like 1