Sign in to follow this  
Topher

New player - Looking for group or server

Hi, somewhat a new player here. I'm looking for a group or on server with slow progression to join. I would like the group not far along but that might be hard to find. So I'm kinda looking for anything as long as I'm not rushing through progression. I like farming and animals and would like to build my own area or have a deed within an alliance If possible. Hope its ok to post here.

Edit = I'm located in NA so looking for something close to that.

Edited by Topher

We are a group that is recruiting on northern freedom Wurm Online if you could consider that. 

You might take a look at these slow progression servers, a glance at the maps and start dates will give an idea of how "advanced" the server is (low pop servers can still have advanced players if they have been there a long time, but these still have tons of open room. Others have more newer younger players despite a server being up for a while.)  Look for maps and signs of how heavily deeded and advanced the roads are etc. 

It may be well worth your time to roll a character on each one and play for an hour or two to get a feel for which server best matches your needs. Most WU players have often played a dozen servers before settling on the one that most suits them.  

it's worth a half day investment to try a couple different servers out.  Don't be dissuaded if there is no one else there the very first time you log in, server populations can shift around a lot even in the same time zone. However, 1x servers tend to have pretty small communities (which can be good if you want to know everyone like a neighbir)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I also want to plug Stormfall.

Progression is a bit fast, but there is no pressure to progress.  It is a cluster, not a single server, and a distinctive one at that.  I would recommend reading up on it in the thread I linked before trying it out.

Edit: being a cluster, you can have your own deed but still be a citizen of other deeds on other servers (useful for this cluster).  There is a related server, Mirage, which 1x, with the Survival mod.

Edited by TheTrickster