So I love the AH update, I really do. (CHONKY PONEHS FOR LYFE!) But in my opinion mules could really do with some improvements! For one, and this is the most important thing for me, they really are too small. Especially when you consider their pulling power! They're stronger than 4 draft horses but are somehow less than half the size!? I'd really like to see them a bit bigger and be a size that fits their performance better. Another thing (that I don't expect to see any time soon but would be nice!) would be to have mules' colours vary according to the colour of their horse mother. ie if you had an ebony mare you could get a black mule, and so on. I attach some pictures to show what I mean both in terms of size and colour variation.

Ebony mule

550.jpg

Chestnut mules

muleteam_web.jpg

Grey mule

gaited-pack-mare.jpg

Also, this:

143a6ece70beb37a07b8b7cda512ab77.jpg

• Like 9

+1 for sure. I have no idea about mules and am not that good at AH, but it's Loafy, and she's the expert, so yeah... big +1

• Like 2

-1, mules should be between donkeys and draft horses. Draft horses should be the endgame not the ugly mules!

• Like 2

Rather have racial horses ahead of this nonsense... haven't seen mule races to be a thing.. I get the dense muscle etc blah blah, yet.. who the hell have ever seen mule races or a movie(hard to actually see real ones unless you're in certain area) with carts/wagons etc... what do people use horses or mules?

Atrocity to mount balance.. all that mules are.

Donkey/mules are peasant/jipsy choice because they are cheap.. they are far from top-notch or endgame content.. what we have is just sad overpowered creature template, sadly...

Sure give them colors... but nerf the derp powers.

+/-1

• Like 3

All I know is my mules look like they have the mange. lol  So I'm not breeding more until things improve. And yes they typically are larger than donkeys irl.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockmodd said:

-1, mules should be between donkeys and draft horses. Draft horses should be the endgame not the ugly mules!

Counterpoint - mules are harder to make as you need good lines of both donkeys and horses to get them.

• Like 2

not really you use the same breeding system you need only 4d male donkey.. and maybe some female horses(this is the extremely difficult part, as spawns are overtaken by wild donkeys and less to no horses spawn/or are to be found)

Edited by Finnn

In my experience to get good mules reliably (or good anything for that matter) you need both parents to have at least most of the traits you want. So you need 4 draft male donkeys and 4 draft female horses.

yes, but since ah breeding is unreliable(heavy rng) and slow foal growths.. it's just as easy to 2-3x scale and pray to rnGesus and still get away with similarly as good results, judging from experience but not as cattle trader, good results are there, how reliable they are for income is another topic..

yet obviously results are way better with traited parents pair