Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

Share your very best Wurm Assistant tips and tricks!

The longer I play, the more use I find for all the clever bells and whistles that Wurm Assistant provides (thanks Aldur!)  I wanted to start this topic as a way to collect some of the more clever ways WA can be used.

Archaeology

• Alert when an archaeology report is complete and that it's time to look for the cache: look for the phrase 'complete the location details in the report' in the Events log, and play a sound
    • Triggers -> Configure -> Add -> Simple, then: Apply to logs: Event; Log Entry Content: "complete the location details in the report"; and then select an appropriate alert sound from the sound picker

Rifts

• Alert when a caster begins casting Ice Pillar so you can retreat before taking damage: look for the phrase 'begins cooling the air heavily' in the Combat log, and play a sound
    • Triggers -> Configure -> Add -> Simple, then: Apply to logs: Combat; Log Entry Content: "begins cooling the air heavily"; and then select an appropriate alert sound from the sound picker
  • Alert when a caster casts Fireball so you can retreat before taking too much damage: look for the phrase 'casts a fireball spell', and play a sound
    • Triggers -> Configure -> Add -> Simple, then: Apply to logs: Combat; Log Entry Content: "casts a fireball spell; and then select an appropriate alert sound from the sound picker

What are some of the clever and interesting tweaks y'all have made to Wurm Assistant to make your wurm life easier?

• Like 6

For the archeology report completion I play a short clip of the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme, it's always exciting when it plays.

For starting a meditation "You fall into a trance." I have a clip of some Buddhist chanting.

I also added these triggers to give animals sounds when they eat.

For "chicken eats" I play a chicken clucking.

For "pig eats" I play a pig snuffling up some food.

For the regular expression "(ram|sheep|lamb) grazes" play a sheep baaaing.

For bison the regular expression "(?<age>young|adolescent|mature|aged|venerable){1}\s(?<status>fat|starving)?\s?(?<species>bison)\s(?<name>'.*'\s)?grazes" play a bison eating noise.

For cows the regular expression "(?<age>young|adolescent|mature|aged|venerable){1}\s(?<status>fat|starving)?\s?(?<species>cow|bull|calf)\s(?<name>'.*'\s)?grazes" plays a cow mooing.

For equines grazing the regular expression "(?<age>young|adolescent|mature|aged|venerable){1}\s(?<status>fat|starving)?\s?(?<species>horse|foal|unicorn|hell\shorse)\s(?<name>'.*'\s)?grazes" plays a horse neighing although this doesn't work for hell horses when they eat corpses.

• Like 4

@Explora

Oh wow. These are great.

I can't do them all because I just have too many animals.

But I'm definitely doing several.

Thank you!