Sign in to follow this  
Cowglue

Remove Traitor Missions(defiance)

This is a plea to remove traitor missions from the Valrei missions on Defiance.

With a huge map and a dwindling playerbase,whenever a traitor mission pops eveything grinds to a halt.

If every active kingdom joined in and searched for it together, i feel the chances of locating the traiter mob would still be close to zero!

Please remove these missions so we can continue to compete against each other and not sit waiting for the timer to expire :) Thankyou.

i do traitor missions for karma/sb and they're insanely easy, basically always find them in under 30 minutes unless they're on top of a mountain, you're aware litdark finds them from about a local away on 16x16 servers right

• Like 2

Personally I'd remove them completely but that's just me. A lot of the old style missions are simply a dice toss if you actually get lucky or not. Like kill 13 champ tortoises that spawn across the map. No thanks, I'd rather have a mission revamp sometime in the near future with some more interesting stuff. How come we never get fun missions like sacrifice 500 L of wine to Magranon? I'll bet the ol' goat is a real drinker. 

Edited by elentari

6 minutes ago, elentari said:

Personally I'd remove them completely but that's just me. A lot of the old style missions are simply a dice toss if you actually get lucky or not. Like kill 13 champ tortoises that spawn across the map. No thanks, I'd rather have a mission revamp sometime in the near future with some more interesting stuff. How come we never get useful missions like sacrifice 500 L of wine to Magranon? I'll bet the ol' goat is a real drinker. 

I like how your example of a mission you want is x100 worse than any of the ones you don't like. A mission dependant on seasons and not always even possible are the very worst

Bad example I guess. But I'd rather have crafting / saccing missions or building stuff than RNG-ing across the map. Not all maps are equal in terms on navigating them. 

RNG-free roam missions are the best for PVP servers IMO. Great example is kill x amount of tower guards

First of all, traitor spawning should be environmental, so for example, turtle should spawn on shore or sand, no searching for seals on rocky mountain tops etc etc.

In theory, locations should be random, but I keep seeing the same sectors all the time, like L24 etc. (same for mission structures, constantly must be build on SE or E).

As for other missions...

Sacrifice missions should have "decent" requirement removed.

Material sink and time spend on crafting should be enough.

Imping is often too much, even if it's only to 30 quality, especially when you need to imp 300 items.

Valrei items could be acquired by mining, maybe even cutting trees/bushes and butchering.

Also have a feeling that cut a tree missions are very rare these days.

Personally I like the general idea of traitor missions, as they give incentive to roam around the map.

The only problem we're having with traitor missions is that it's so hard to find the traitors.

We've spent several hours trying to pendulum traitors with no success.

Even if you stood perfectly in the center of every map tile of the possible traitor area and used the pendulum once, you'd still need to do that for 7x7 map tiles to cover the whole area.

Maybe the simplest solution is to increase the pendulum range to find traitors?

40 minutes ago, Tigrosaur said:

Personally I like the general idea of traitor missions, as they give incentive to roam around the map.

The only problem we're having with traitor missions is that it's so hard to find the traitors.

We've spent several hours trying to pendulum traitors with no success.

Even if you stood perfectly in the center of every map tile of the possible traitor area and used the pendulum once, you'd still need to do that for 7x7 map tiles to cover the whole area.

Maybe the simplest solution is to increase the pendulum range to find traitors?

The range is increased for 16x16 servers, I believe its cast power x 2 radius with a bonus for moon metals 

Gold has a range boost. Power of cast increases range.

I find traitor missions to be one of the two most absolute easiest missions, with trees being the other one. Whenever there is a traitor mission I am on it, unless it is on the other side of Indy.. and sometimes then.

• Like 1

If you feel the chances are that low then i suspect you are either doing it wrong or not even trying, sorry they are fine and an important mission type for pvp.

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

The range is increased for 16x16 servers, I believe its cast power x 2 radius with a bonus for moon metals 

It's not enough. I'm one of the last players on defiance who has tried to do a traitor mission and couldn't find the traitor with a QL80, LitDa 80 pendulum in 5 hours.

Some mission-related things are different/weird on Defiance, we had some near impossible traitor ones with 100 casted seryl pendulums and several people

I'm guessing some spawn in caves which makes the problem invisible. Pendulums used above ground don't detect a traitor underground right?

While I cannot tell about Defiance, I can about Xanadu, where traitor missions are mostly no go and let elapse. The problem is that for most inhabitants, it needs traveling in excess of 2 hours to get even close to the area where the traitor is suspected. And then, even a power 100 gold pendulum tells you about a range of 110 tiles which is not a lot when a single grid tile is about 400x400. Even if sensing a traitor there may always be a mountain range or stretch of cliffs inbetween blocking your access. Good chance to waste a whole day.

Though Defiance is (iirc) Independence sized, its problem certainly is that it is not only fractured along factional divides but also lacks road and tunnel networks comparable to PvE servers.

If you need roads then you really arent doing it right

Nonsense. Roads save time. And time is the constraint. If I need two waterskins of booze to traverse cliffs and mountain ranges, hours will be gone. Only an idiot will even attempt it without a pend signal.

i personly never saw it on my own but got told from other mates that they already found traitors without the traitor tag

for example the mission was "kill the traitor sheep" they just killed every sheep they saw and one of them finished the mission

and i assume if they dont have the traiter tag you will never find them with a pendulum 

and to the people who say "then you are not doing it correct" 

the game is telling you its in for example "center region" then as a new person it would mean every single tile in center region is a possible spot

for it to be in and to not miss a spot you need to start at a corner or border to the region to cover the whole area

and while you are searching for hours there is still a posibility the traitor is just wondering around towards the area you already checked and wups you will never find it 

and if there is a better way to find them then just share how instead of blaming other that they are just not doing it correct

Edited by Schmettter

23 hours ago, Schmettter said:

i personly never saw it on my own but got told from other mates that they already found traitors without the traitor tag

for example the mission was "kill the traitor sheep" they just killed every sheep they saw and one of them finished the mission

and i assume if they dont have the traiter tag you will never find them with a pendulum 

When it started to happen?

I'am on Desertion, but in current and last two traitor missions I wasn't able to find a traitor. Areas were searched at least twice.

Now thinking maybe it wasn't bad luck but some kind of bug?

On 1/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Wilczan said:

When it started to happen?

old player told me it was already a thing in the past so i have no clue

its also not everytime just sometimes

i would really like to say i already saw it happen on my own as a proof but i havent yet i either didnt found them or found them with pendulum

I'am on Desertion, but in current and last two traitor missions I wasn't able to find a traitor. Areas were searched at least twice.

i recently found out they also spawn in the water sometimes (or move into the water) atleast we(also me) found some there there

my tip is to just kill everything just to make sure

Now thinking maybe it wasn't bad luck but some kind of bug?

and yes its a high posibilitie

there are a lot of things not working well with missions/valrei

different example almost all valrei creature (on defiance) have no or almost no audio visual feedback

they start to attack you from behinde you dont get in combat you dont hear it you just see the dmg they deal to you or you deal to them same goes for the horse they attack