Arathok

[RELEASED] Alchemy Mod

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

Thanks. Another question:

Can you shed some light on what needed to be done to support clustered servers?

I've been testing on one server (not the login server) in a 3-server cluster, and just tonight added it to the other two servers, and the original server suddenly used up all the RAM allotted to it (twice as much as normal) and stopped running. Am I correct in assuming it needs to be installed on all 3 servers, or is there some communication that occurs with the login server I need to allow for? 

Currently the mod should work on its own when you install it on all three. 

The Problem comes with weapon oils, and addictions. If you transfer to another server while using a portal, the temporary enchantments from weapon oils will become stuck and permanent on that weapon. If you do it via travel to the server border they are fine.
Addictions are only tracked per server. (To be honest when i made Alchemy i never thought about a multi server environment)

These are the two things i want to work on in my vacation next week. But i am missing a crucial part: i can't for the love of god setup a cluster on my local pc. So testing is hard.
Would you be willing to put some time and patience in showing me how you set up your cluster? Can do it via discord if you want, Arathok#1880 is my Id.
That would help me ALOT with actually testing server transfer stuff.

I am not sure what my mod could do to clog up ram that much, id need to see the server log, but im 80% sure its not my mod. Could always be wrong tho!

Can you reproduce that error/misbehaviour?

Edited by Arathok

I'd be happy to help if I can. My servers are running on PingPerfect's hosting service, so I've never done it on a PC. But I know it was very tricky getting things set up there; but I do remember some of the crucial items and have access to the config files, so I may be able to shed some light.

I'll try to do some research on it, track down the log files,  and contact you tomorrow or so. Thanks.

• Like 1

The life of an alchemist is dangerous... Have you ever consumed a potion just to fall down dead? Possibly even die 12 times in a row? Your alchemic powers were too strong!
Thanks to the help of Vivant, we found a two year old bug that killed off ONE unlucky player randomly on a server because of the way how the addiction list is built.

A patch for that is coming soon! No more dying 12 times in a row for you!

This is the bugfix i have waited for for 1 year! (It was a hell to hunt that bug down and i am ashamed it was such an easy one!
You can now finally use this mod as intended with addiction without having one unlucky player that dies every now and then when consuming just one potion xD

New Update:
+ added more textures for empty phial, and potion mixtures
- removed a bug that caused addicted players to die 20 times in a row and all withdrawal effects to happen at once. Thanks Vivant for reporting and testing it!

Download

https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Alchemy/releases/tag/1.5

image.png?ex=656d75a5&is=655b00a5&hm=29ed3e672be00762f8e5e72162452d88402a04dc9577b09e3d6a1c0ce8c052d2&

image.png?ex=656d78d3&is=655b03d3&hm=201265fc6c660b2fa6d96ba176eac465f0035a3c69d7946d656f0ca1000afd43&

Edited by Arathok
  • Like 2

https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Alchemy/releases/tag/1.8

Alchemy 1.8 is out 
+ Added Animations and Action Timers to the drinking and oiling actions.
o fixed a bug where rarity was not correctly factored into potion durations

There is only minor code changes to 1.6 so bugs should be minimal. Please feel free to report any anomalies
Otherwise 2.0 is just around the corner and will bring the final ideas of the mod to the table.