Arathok

[RELEASED] Alchemy Mod

Is your Wurm life deplete of joy?

Are you the towns Alchemist and are just being used to make metric tons of Lye and concrete?
The only color in your life is the 45 QL gonorrhea red that you mixed up?

Rejoice! This mod finally brings back the joy of mixing potions and poisons to Wurm!

Use your Foraging and Botanizing Skill to gather ingredients! Almost all Foraged/Botanized Items can result in a potion.

Craft Phials and Alchemical Compound to prepare for making potions. Use potions to give yourself an edge in any situation or to sell them and become a real alchemist!

Explore the new recipes by looking for paste / mixture / phial in your crafting helper [N]!

Spoiler

"Tech Tree":

kccAmOE.jpg

Potion effects could be also described as "cheap way to get spells without being a priest handmade as a craftsman/craftswoman based on skill and quality" while oils (think Witcher) are temporary weapon and arrow enchantments. (If you are a priest check out BALANCING)

REQUIREMENTS: This is a Server mod. You need Agos Server Mod Launcher for it to work. YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST VERSION 0.45 ->https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher

For the custom items you need the server packs mod (from the modlauncher page above) and configure it to share its graphics pack with your players (my mod should do on its own).

You will also need Tyodas Iconzz! https://github.com/Tyoda/Iconzz/releases

The players also need to have Agos Client Mod launcher with serverpacks mod ->https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher

Its not required but then they wont see the custom icons of the items.

SUGGESTED SETTINGS:

LEGACY RENDERER with Max Texture Quality Settings

OR
MODERN RENDERER with Max Quality Settings + vbofix mod (bdew on Github)

If you have any Questions contact me through issues on GitHub, on Discord Arathok#1880 or here

FEATURES:

Usage of Natural Substances skill to create herb mixtures or pastes from animal fat.

Usage of Alchemy Skill to make the Alchemical Compound, potion precursors, potions and oil.

Alchemy and Natural Substances become a viable skill line for RP and to make money

Fully Configurable

Custom Icons

Addiction and withdrawal effects!

LITTLE DISCLAIMER: No models yet as you can do all of the stuff inside your inventory BUT im working on it!

*** BALANCING:

Consuming any potion results in a 5 minute cooldown, during which you can not consume a potion. (toxicity :P)

Potion effect/duration is based on QL of the potion. QL basically equals spell power.

A potion is the result of a complex order of steps and intermediate items. You can store all of them in bulk but you still have to make them. Alchemical Compound uses an item that is a bit harder to come buy, but not impossible to find.

Potions have a natural difficulty. A potion of Healing will become accessible early but a potion of Strength will have a difficulty of 50 (making it impossible to craft at lower Alchemy levels, based on the QL of the used ingredients).

The process of making the potion uses different skills and only if all of them are raised enough (Foraging / Botanizing / Alchemy / Natural Substances) you can expect a high ql potion. Overall QL is capped by Alchemy skill level.

The result is, that priests can get higher spell powers earlier and more frequently, while the alchemist needs a (RP) life of dedication and practice to get to really high powers.

Found a bug or got any feedback? Always willing to learn and get better at modding!

-Arathok

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Alchemy/releases/latest

KNOWN BUGS: As of 1.0 None! Limited to my local testing Pc with no other mods.

Wiki Entry: https://wiki.wurm-unlimited.net/page/Alchemy

Edited by Arathok
  • Like 7

New Release 0.5.2

Linux Compatibility
Item Rework, Mould is firable in kiln

Glass uses a bit more realistic ingredients
Potion of Leech is working now

Edited by Arathok

Version 0.6 released!

Added 2 more potions
Added better stability for toxicity
Better readability when an oil runs out in combat
New oil smear mechanic
New config options

nice work on the models, good to see you got it all worked out 😃

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, Cuddles said:

nice work on the models, good to see you got it all worked out 😃

Thank you man. It wouldn't have been possible without your help and tutorials!

New Release!
https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Alchemy/releases/tag/0.8.8

Switches the skill checks and skill ticks over to Natural Substances since leveling the Category ALCHEMY gives lower skill ticks and might lock you out of some late game recipes.

(You have been leveling natural substances all along anyway!)

DONT install this update if you want to keep the mod leveling plain alchemy.

New Release!
This is it! This is version 1.0! This is how I envisioned Alchemy.

Fixed the Addiction and Enchantment tracking by involving it into the modsupport.db Enchantments finally shouldn't be able to stick on weapons any more. Even if the client (purposefully?:P ) crashes!
Addictions and Enchantments both now are conveyed to the player properly through the event window!

Also incorporated Iconzz so my mod is not incompatible with any other mods that use Iconzz!

Downloads
https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Alchemy/releases/tag/1.0

Development never stops and i already have ideas for 2.0 :P just you wait!
But from here on out features will only get added, not changed. Thanks again to the whole modding community for helping out with my dream mod!

If you find any bugs, please contact me anywhere and i will try and fix them. 

This looks like a fun mod! 

I installed v1.0.1 and Iconzz 0.1.4.1 and it seems to be working as described, but have these observations so far:

• 2 shafts are required to start creating the Coal Filter, but only one is consumed.
  • The icon for the glass mixture is invisible or missing.
  • Despite the description of version 1.0.1, there appears to be no model for an empty phial. Nor for the phial mould, glass, or coal filter; just the mystery bag.
  • With the water purification by boiling enabled, that method is not reflected in the crafting helper. The filter method still shows (and works) which may be the desired behavior-- I kind of like that.

Please let me know if I've gotten hold of a corrupted zip file or something.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2023 at 19:17, Brian said:

This looks like a fun mod! 

I installed v1.0.1 and Iconzz 0.1.4.1 and it seems to be working as described, but have these observations so far:

• 2 shafts are required to start creating the Coal Filter, but only one is consumed.
  • The icon for the glass mixture is invisible or missing.
  • Despite the description of version 1.0.1, there appears to be no model for an empty phial. Nor for the phial mould, glass, or coal filter; just the mystery bag.
  • With the water purification by boiling enabled, that method is not reflected in the crafting helper. The filter method still shows (and works) which may be the desired behavior-- I kind of like that.

Please let me know if I've gotten hold of a corrupted zip file or something.

Hello Brian!
I don't think you have a corrupt zip file. i need to check back with my local testing data and check if the models are actually in xD Phial mould glass and coal filter dont have a model yet. empty phial has one made.
Icon for glass mixture might be to transparent will work on that.
Good notice on the Recipe for coal filter, will be fixed in future update.
Boiling water to purify is a so called "temperature recipe" need to check how to work that in. Is Iron Ore -> Iron Lump in the crafting helper normally? (I don't think so but im not 100% sure)

Thank you for reporting the bugs! I will work on them probably next week!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arathok said:

Hello Brian!
I don't think you have a corrupt zip file. i need to check back with my local testing data and check if the models are actually in xD Phial mould glass and coal filter dont have a model yet. empty phial has one made.
Icon for glass mixture might be to transparent will work on that.
Good notice on the Recipe for coal filter, will be fixed in future update.
Boiling water to purify is a so called "temperature recipe" need to check how to work that in. Is Iron Ore -> Iron Lump in the crafting helper normally? (I don't think so but im not 100% sure)

Thank you for reporting the bugs! I will work on them probably next week!

No, I don't see smelting recipes in the crafting helper. That would explain it.

But after a bit of testing, I've disable the boiling method; it is too easy to accidentally create purified water, which can't be used for anything else. The coal filter method works well, and probably makes more sense logically in a virtual reality way. :)

Thanks for looking at these!

• Like 1

aye, the water is a bit wonky for people who want to make salt by cooking.

I have noticed that we also cant drink Purified Water, which is causing a bit of issues when combined with the Survival Mod making normal water undrinkable and needing to be boiled.

3 hours ago, Ayka said:

I have noticed that we also cant drink Purified Water, which is causing a bit of issues when combined with the Survival Mod making normal water undrinkable and needing to be boiled.

True, thats what the coal filter option does. I consider it as the default option as well. Purified Water cooking is probably highly incompatible with other mods.
Maybe i can make it drinkable in the next patch ;)

Arathok, what are the essences used for? I see them in my alchemy crafting recipes, but can't find where they would be used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Arathok, what are the essences used for? I see them in my alchemy crafting recipes, but can't find where they would be used.

They are not implemented functionally yet, they will bring a new feature in the upcoming Alchemy version 2.0

Edited by Arathok

Thanks. Another question:

Can you shed some light on what needed to be done to support clustered servers?

I've been testing on one server (not the login server) in a 3-server cluster, and just tonight added it to the other two servers, and the original server suddenly used up all the RAM allotted to it (twice as much as normal) and stopped running. Am I correct in assuming it needs to be installed on all 3 servers, or is there some communication that occurs with the login server I need to allow for?