Sign in to follow this  
Tilda

New item to change stone item types (limited time)

For myself, I've decided not to go ahead and remake every single stone forge, oven,  smelter, mailbox etc etc that I own, at least for now :) Doing that and then possibly destroying or otherwise getting rid of all the old stuff, even runed, casted or rare etc., just to give the deed a different themed look seems too much (we aren't all great masons).

So I'd like to suggest a new item, something like a potion, rune, or maybe like a transformation liquid etc that will allow a one time change of the stone type on existing items. Once an item has been switched the same can't be done again, so it's a one time thing. It could also be a limited time availability thing perhaps, purely to help existing players fancy up all the existing items they had before the changes came in to stone types? Item available through the store (unlikely I know), trader, marks shop, etc. 

Just a rough idea :)

• Like 4

It's a sound idea. I can no longer upgrade my kiln because it's now pottery and I'm not a potter. It would be nice to have a means to make it stone

Wait a sec...I thought that kilns used masonry to imp. Did it change to pottery? I'm asking cause I recently made a pottery oven and it imps using masonry although it uses clay instead of stone. 

It is still masonry, but you will need clay, not stone shards to improve

I think that an expansion of the transmutation liquid system to encompass this would be appropriate, and wouldn't break balance too badly assuming the crafting recipe (or whatever obtainment method) is expensive/difficult enough.