Sign in to follow this  
Aeris

Deeded indoor flowers decaying away

I put a flower display on my balcony, and it has started taking damage. I would like to have the flowers out for display, but even the Valentines flowers have taken heavy decay hits.

Additional info

Deeded: Yes

Over a month left in upkeep: Yes

Indoors: Yes, on a balcony (no roof)

I would much prefer using the decorational items for actual decoration rather than having them hidden away in an LMC, so if this is an intentional feauture I'd very much like it not to be. And if it's a bug - Pls hapl it do be takin ma flowers

• Like 1

Valentines and spring flowers can have their dmg removed by activating a container with water in it and right clicking the flowers and "water" them.  This removes dmg and doesn't change the ql of the item.  You can also "water" flower boxes that are off-deed the same way.

For sure, but I'd rather not have decorational items decay away. I have them up for display, not for skillgain :)

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

Seems intentional to me. If you'd like it to not be like this, try the suggestion section.

No point in telling people that you'd rather not have it like that when all they do is explaining how it's not a bug, on a post posted in the bug report section.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, Borstaskor said:

Seems intentional to me. If you'd like it to not be like this, try the suggestion section.

No point in telling people that you'd rather not have it like that when all they do is explaining how it's not a bug, on a post posted in the bug report section.

That is not what happened in this thread though, so I do not see why you are giving me attitude. If this thread aggravates you somehow then that is your problem - Not mine.

So is this a bug or not? Because the ones that are under ceilings don't seem to take as heavy damage - Just the ones I have on the balcony.

Edit: Actually - Scratch that. Only the ones placed on FURNITURE on my balcony have taken heavy damage/decayed away. The ones standing on the floor are fine 😕

Edited by Aeris

This is still happening: 88 damage on a flower pot. Is there a piece of furniture flower pots can be put on where they won't be treated like potted plants?

On 9/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, Aeris said:

This is still happening: 88 damage on a flower pot. Is there a piece of furniture flower pots can be put on where they won't be treated like potted plants?

It sounds like what you may be seeing is that flowers "on top of" things are treated like "in" a container. Things in a container are not decorations, so they're not protected from decay on deed. But that has been tweaked in some measure:

According to patch notes below, "decorations" should be now protected even in containers. Maybe flowers are treated as decorations outside containers, but don't qualify as decorations inside...

• Bugfix: Fixed decoration items taking damage in containers on deed

For how long did flowers outside a container, on the ground, take no damage? Or do they take *some* less damage?