Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Add annotations to another player's map

There are currently three types of annotations you can add to a map, depending on who can see it:

1. You
  2. Your villagers
  3. Your allies

I'm proposing a fourth way, that is, another player.

This allows people to send locations to other players — invaluable for arranging meetings.

The obvious danger is that people could grief other players by spamming them, so clearly a mechanism is needed to prevent that.

One other gotcha is that we can't use the player's current location, because that would allow them to exploit the feature for GPS purposes. They need to click on the map where they want the marker to be.

There are several ways that this could work.

• The location could be sent directly from the sender's map screen, where they'd type the name of the recipient into a text box similar to mailboxes and permission/role screens.
  • Or, the information could be inscribed on a papyrus or paper sheet and sent in the mail. The recipient would then add this to their map similarly to how they add a recipe to their cookbook.
  • To avoid spam, it could be implemented similarly to religious conversion, where one player states that they are willing to receive messages of this type. (If delivered by mail, of course, it's no different from any other item.)

Any other ideas? Suggestions?

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

i have an idea that could improve on this, just add 2 more option for annotations: "contacts" and "trusted friends" people you have on your friendlist as contacts can see the one for contacts and the same for trusted friends.

thats the simplest way i can think of to do this and avoid creating any problems.

• Like 2

I think the quality (resolution) of the map needs to be improved as well. At least for Xan. 

• Like 1