Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

What happened to Notch - Interesting Story

Very interesting. Just saw this and was curious others' thoughts. (They forgot to mention Wurm though!)

• Like 1

Yeah, no mention of Wurm at all.

Not so tragic, just hanging with wrong people (other bored cash whales).

Edited by Wilczan

The paradox of fame and fortune is very intriguing to me. 

2 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Not so tragic, just hanging with wrong people (other bored cash whales)

"cash whales" 😆

16 minutes ago, Archaed said:

This should be in woodscraps

I mean... this thread is "wurm-related" discussion.. rolling credits in game mention and give thanks to Markus Perrson (Notch). 

Also, how do you get away with that thumbnail pic?  and just.. why??  (since you've now got us on the topic of the correct use of forums)

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

I mean... this thread is "wurm-related" discussion.. rolling credits in game mention and give thanks to Markus Perrson (Notch). 

Also, how do you get away with that thumbnail pic?  and just.. why??  (since you've now got us on the topic of the correct use of forums)

Wurm related means discussion about the game

This video is a discussion about a former dev that has nothing to do with the game. 

And I don't get your point, I'm just riding a horse 

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

This video is a discussion about a former dev that has nothing to do with the game. 

Not sure what exact relations where, how Rolf and Notch functioned and why Notch left, but from what I understood, Notch is hardly just a simple former dev, man is cofounder of the game. It's a little insulting towards him from your side to say this.

On general topic, weather it does or doesn't need to be in this section, it's quite sad that Wurm isn't mention whenever it's talked about Notch, with his fame it would be potential passive way to make Wurm more known to people. But unfortunately that is not something that can be changed i guess.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Not sure what exact relations where, how Rolf and Notch functioned and why Notch left, but from what I understood, Notch is hardly just a simple former dev, man is cofounder of the game. It's a little insulting towards him from your side to say this.

Why exactly is it insulting? It's quite true that Notch has nothing to do with the game as that statement is present tense (you could add a "currently" into that sentence, but it really wouldn't change the meaning of it). That he's a co-founder does not make that statement false as that is in the (very distant) past.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

Why exactly is it insulting? It's quite true that Notch has nothing to do with the game as that statement is present tense (you could add a "currently" into that sentence, but it really wouldn't change the meaning of it). That he's a co-founder does not make that statement false as that is in the (very distant) past.

i meant for the part just a former dev(read simple former dev), like we are talking about some volounteer or anybody, man has more credit than that. In my mind, beeing the cofounder is hard to detach him as he has nothing to do with a game even in present tense, it's true that game convoluted from his time that he has nothing to do with game in current state as content but never the less, historical signficance stays to the present.

but anyway, ok, whatever

Insulting Markus Persson is cool and good, and so is not being associated with him anymore.

I do think the thread is a bit off topic though.

Just shows how people still barely know of Wurm.

Edited by nitram20

as title says.. in the (), all you need to read to figure the content.. idk why some facepalm if wurm is missed, it's a bio for the person and that one game.. not just his detailed bio

found it interesting and hope he plays wurm now n again, my son loves minecraft

4 hours ago, christopher said:

he probably plays it IRL.. paying people to terraform and build his new villa, etc..😆

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 4:03 AM, Ecrir said:

No, it is not possible to be a "former founder" or "current founder".  He is a founder.  Simple.  

To say "he currently has nothing to do with the game" says a whole lot more (and AFAIK is true) than "he has nothing to do with the game" (which is not true, or at the very least is misleading).

On 1/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, Finnn said:

as title says.. in the (), all you need to read to figure the content.. idk why some facepalm if wurm is missed, it's a bio for the person and that one game.. not just his detailed bio

The video mentions "no success until" and puts the idea of minecraft in 2009 (and cites the very short development time to initial release).  I found Wurm VERY late, and was unaware of the link, but Wurm is loud in the silence there.  

On 1/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, christopher said:

I do not want the guy who thinks there is a Jewish plot that keeps him from having a girlfriend anywhere near me or this game.

There is a reason nobody in the gaming industry wants anything to do with him.

2 hours ago, Batolemaeus said:

I do not want the guy who thinks there is a Jewish plot that keeps him from having a girlfriend anywhere near me or this game.

There is a reason nobody in the gaming industry wants anything to do with him.

so much hate..

9e283f5a10b3ed2dc5414593fe912db5.png

seems really "unpopular"