Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

Consolidate Status Effects

Currently, many players have several sorcery items (resistances and weakness), food affinities, armor penalties, caffeine, and meditation buffs, all listed in the status effects. This makes it frustratingly large, cumbersome, and hard to notice when something is nearly expired.

My suggestion (mockup):

unknown.png

We should consolidate similar effects together into a single icon (and have the timer show for the one that will fall off soonest). This would cut down the icons from Timed affinities, Weaknesses, and Resistances, down into 3 icons, rather than having one for each sorcery item and food.

• Like 13

Realistically, permanent buffs don't really need icons, could just keep them in spell effects or have a toggle, it's not like you wake up and suddenly you've got a new tome effect you didn't know about or anything, and trying to notice spell debuffs etc mid pvp when you have 4 lines of icons is pretty meh.

+1 to the idea

• Like 4

yeah, i agree, permanent buffs/debuffs doesnt need to show, remove those icons and make it easier to navigate to "Spell effects" button.

+1 as well. When keeping those icons turned on, I only do it to see my caffeine timer and affinity timer. As a non priest I am not interested in the faith bonus and the "perma buffs" are pointless to display since they can't be dispelled, they are permanent. 

Would love at least to be able to toggle them individually on or off. It's just screen clutter if too many pop up at once. 

Rather have a management to rebuff/remove/restart full timers for food/drink affinities than toss them around - it's pointless if you need to wait the x left minutes, then wait y more minutes as they do not expire and bug with minus whatever time which you have to relog or wait for, then you need to walk to your larder/lmc/etc bite once.. and OH JOY, YOU JUST NEED TO EYEBALL THE SAME THING all over again for the next affinity you have expiring in x minutes again then do same babysitting constantly for the z amount of affinities you buffed up initially today... fantastic gameplay.

This is not a solution to anything, at best it's a bandaid to open surgery.

When I spoke to Budda about removing the permanent ones since we don't need the reminder and having it only in spell effects he dismissed it as a 1st world problem and it was overlooked again during the UI overhaul, perhaps new management with have a fresh perspective. People have been asking for any number of different ways to address this same issue for quite some time.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/156717-split-permanent-and-temporary-displayed-buffs/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163898-fixes-to-the-status-effect-bar/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/165119-buff-icon-bar-preferencescustomisation/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/176028-new-ui-public-testing/page/11/&tab=comments#comment-1791249

why doesn't these have their own stamp-book collector book or w/e of the sort:

list of all icons in alphabetical order with name and effects when hovered, with a view/tab or w/e... of the active effects

option to sort the obtained abilities from the other the player haven't yet collected;

2nd tab with option to sort for negative resistances or w/e..

1 big fun "pokemon" album

tomes have nothing to do with spelleffects, unless somebody dreams of stuffing it all into spelleffects so other things have to be sorted among all other charge effects for +/- statuses, " that sounds like fun "

Bumping this just for having the temporary boosts (especially food/liquid-based) listed separately in some manner.

I don't have many icons yet, but I can see from @Shydow's screenshot, that they can easily start to clutter up the screen and become a problem for players with a lot of effects, tomes and timed affinities. 

I think that a lot of time and effort from the Art Department went into these icons, and so perhaps even subconsciously the devs feel that they should get usage out of it - not as simple as just getting their money's worth, but rather seeing the time well spent you could say.

I liked the idea @Finnnhad for an 'album' of icons/stamps that we can collect.  At first I thought it was just humour, but it makes more sense the more I think about it.  We could drag the icons in and out of our mini icon portfolio - if and when we want to see them on the screen.  I would really enjoy the process of collecting these varied, colourful (and often quite beautiful) little pictures, and it could be an engaging pastime as well as building a useful collection.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

I also don't like chasing resistances and weaknesses and substracting it, it should atleast be one icon with effective result instead of 2 icons showing resistance/weakness which is perhaps toggable to hide...

+1 to grouping them and ahowing times on them