Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Marsh Change

Allow the options to flatten/level on marsh tiles.

Allow marsh to be packed, same as tundra/steppe.

• Like 1

Does that also mean allow marsh to be also created with ease?

Currently it's not spreading and there's no way to create new tiles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Does that also mean allow marsh to be also created with ease?

Currently it's not spreading and there's no way to create new tiles.

I am unsure anyone wants marsh particularly, but I wanted to gear this more towards what I could only hope would be easy adjustments, with more advanced changes like what you said deserving of future threads/changes.

Marsh needs love! It is now only possible to destroy it and already too easy with the lower effort needed to make floorboards.

Any change regarding marsh tiles must include the ability to create them.

• Like 5

Your ideas are exactly what those folks who have their perfect area 'overrun by marsh'  would ask for, however,  Finn and Jaz have also made an important point that you may have missed:

Some people may come across a disbanded area that is perfect for them to take over. Marsh in specific places can be used to create a 'wild' area or simply as decoration for deeds so I would give +1 for your original idea with the proviso that marsh tiles can also be made- possibly through transmutation like clay, peat and tar. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spolmit said:

Your ideas are exactly what those folks who have their perfect area 'overrun by marsh'  would ask for, however,  Finn and Jaz have also made an important point that you may have missed:

Some people may come across a disbanded area that is perfect for them to take over. Marsh in specific places can be used to create a 'wild' area or simply as decoration for deeds so I would give +1 for your original idea with the proviso that marsh tiles can also be made- possibly through transmutation like clay, peat and tar. 

Should be a similarly hard task to remove as to create - I would better like to see a method like it is now present for natural reed (Big Big Thanks for that devs!!!!)

Edited by Jaz

54 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Remove marsh completely it is pointless.

this, just turn all current marsh tiles into dirt tiles, problem solved forever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Remove marsh completely it is pointless.

Agree! However if it can't be removed entirely, make it easier to remove. Packing it down would be lovely.

Gods yes. Dealing with deep water marsh on a steep slope is a huge pita. 

I am surprised that something which is de facto standard in Wurm Unlimited for years has not made it to Wurm Online yet.

Early in the days there were ideas why marsh could be useful but these ideas have not made it to Wurm in 10 years.

I like the ambient sound that comes with the march tiles so I'd like to be able to create em as well.

• Like 3