Sign in to follow this  
Schmettter

magical chest

Hello everyone

this is a PvP related suggestion:

i would like to suggest some changes to the magical chests because they are expensiv premium items and to easy to steal atm

first:  that small and large chests are set as 99ql instead of 40ql or that they are able to be improved

second: that the "place" option is disabled for everyone except owners or players with manage permission (so you cant transport the chest alone SUPER SUPER fast over a huge distance)

this excludes the "move" options like "push" and "pull" for example

Third: that the option "take" for a small magical chest is disabled for everyone except owners or players with manage permission atm everyone can pick up a locked small magical chest

and once the small magical chest got lockpicked the ownership will just get transferend to the one who picked it up

allright i wish everyone great days :)

-1 large magic chests already have load disabled for enemies, and you can stick a smc in a locked caravel, wagon or log out with it if you don't want an enemy to pick it up. if anything lmc's should be loadable when picked.

i assume this suggestion is defiance based, where you get magic chests from valrei scenarios for free anyway

8 minutes ago, Joemog said:

wat?

On 12/10/2020 at 4:36 AM, Darklords said:

From the release notes for reference on the current reward structure.

• Tier 1(1 Player): One Resurrection Stone/Two 1kg Seryll Lumps/One roll on the side items table/roll for small magic chest.

• Tier 2(3 Players): Two 1kg Seryll Lumps/1 roll on the side items table.

• Tier 3(5 Players): One 1kg Seryll Lump

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Not how it works afaik

Winner gets a res stone + res stone or shaker orb and seryl

Bunch of ppl get 1kg seryl

Really boring and scenarios arent worth bothering with once you have a res stone except to deny enemies them

Edited by Joemog

Definitely agree with making chests 99ql, making them a bit harder to lockpick seems fair.

6 hours ago, Joemog said:

On PVP they should be able to be loaded by anyone if its not locked, weird freedom restrictions have no place on PVP.

i never said i want it to be unstealable 

also an option is to reduce the speed how fast you can place the magical chest

6 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

-1 large magic chests already have load disabled for enemies, and you can stick a smc in a locked caravel, wagon or log out with it if you don't want an enemy to pick it up. if anything lmc's should be loadable when picked.

i assume this suggestion is defiance based, where you get magic chests from valrei scenarios for free anyway

i dont remember anyone to get a small magical chest so either its disabled or the chance to get one is low

i would kinda agree that the small magical chest is ok to pick up once its lockpicked but atm you can just take it while there is still a lock on it
same with the large magical chest you can just "place" it while it is still locked

Edited by Schmettter

Only thing I can think of would be, not being able to place a large magical chest while being locked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmettter said:

i never said i want it to be unstealable 

sseems like it for large?

Edited by Joemog

2 minutes ago, Joemog said:

How is unable to move it not unstealable?

He didn't say disable move, he said disable Place if you don't have management perms. Place didn't even EXIST the last time I played Wurm.

Transfer ownership on large ones when lockpicked

If you want your stuff safe when you log out from enemies i say go back to freedom

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joemog said:

You cant take over manage perms and you cant realistically move it anywhere by pushign/pulling lol

i think they disabled "load" so you cant overtake the large magical chest as owner and so you cant transport it so easly

but "place" for the large magical chest is so fast its almost like you got it on a cart

Its a pvp server, why would you want it not able to be stolen?
Its nowhere near as fast as a cart also. And push/pull is useless for large distances

first of all it was an idea 

and yes if you change the "place" speed its accualy harder to get that premium item stolen

and i already done this on my own i could place a large magical chest over ~3 local within ~30min

and i felt really bad that it was so easy for such an item

1 minute ago, Schmettter said:

first of all it was an idea 

and yes if you change the "place" speed its accualy harder to get that premium item stolen

and i already done this on my own i could place a large magical chest over ~3 local within ~30min

and i felt really bad that it was so easy for such an item

You already have 100% safety 22/24 hrs a day and just log out with any loot you can carry, i think thats enough for a pvp server.

And a cart can drive more than 3 locals in 30 minutes LOL

1 minute ago, Joemog said:

You already have 100% safety 22/24 hrs a day and just log out with any loot you can carry, i think thats enough for a pvp server.

And a cart can drive more than 3 locals in 30 minutes LOL

1 hour ago, Trash said:

Only thing I can think of would be, not being able to place a large magical chest while being locked.

fix

• Like 1

Lets make everything unstealable and every player unkillable... We could then call it freedom?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joemog said:

raid window is not what this topic is about

and only thing raid window does is that you cant deal dmg to fences, houses and mine doors

Let's try to stay on topic guys. Leave the general pvp drama for other convos where it's in-context.

1. spawn as 99ql as opposed to 40ql for both LMC and SMC; pros and cons please.

2. disabling or nerfing fast-PLACE on the LMC - smelter has slow-PLACE for comparison; pros and cons please.

3. disabling TAKE on a locked SMC; pros and cons please.

Bear in mind these mechanics also apply to new players, and to players who quit the game without changing their permissions settings, and do not just affect the core players raiding the deeds of other core players in mainstream pvp (what little there is of it atm).

19 minutes ago, Schmettter said:

raid window is not what this topic is about

and only thing raid window does is that you cant deal dmg to fences, houses and mine doors

You ever thought of putting it in a mine or house? So obviously its very relevant for the context of this.

9 minutes ago, Drayka said:

1. spawn as 99ql as opposed to 40ql for both LMC and SMC; pros and cons please.

2. disabling or nerfing fast-PLACE on the LMC - smelter has slow-PLACE for comparison; pros and cons please.

3. disabling TAKE on a locked SMC; pros and cons please.

1. Pro: the chance to lockpicking the magical chests is decreased

Cons: the one who wants to lockpick the chest has to spend more time to get rid of the lock

2. Pro: it will take more time to move the chest from A to B so people are less motivated to spend the time to do wich would match to the disabled "load"

Cons: the one who want to get the chest is probably less motivated to bother with stealing the chest itself only the stuff inside

3. Pro: no one can just pass by and press "take" and walk away

Cons: the one who wants to get/steal the small magical chest has to lockpick the chest first to do anything to it