Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Annual New Year Roundup 2021

To everyone, myself and Fabricant wish you an amazing new year! We know it's early, but the reason why will be clear...

Every year, we host a stream in the final part of December where we catch up and chat about all the content and feature updates to Wurm over the last year. Going through the Wurmpedia tab for "Recent updates" (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wurm_Server_Release_Notes_2021) we'll generally talk about the highs and lows of the year, the big things, the little things and the events and moments that inspired/wowed/shocked us.

This year, we want to give some input to you on the forums. Chat down below in the comments about the things you liked and didn't like so much this year. At some point during the stream, we'll bring up some of the comments made and chat about them too! This is your chance to show off the events or parts of the updates and new content releases that really mattered to you.

There's been a lot of big things this year, from the combat update to Retrograde's resigning. Fixing rolling rank 5 affinities twice and dodgy Chaos artifact renames, praying skilling changes, and overhauling animal husbandry and further tweaks and improvements to the new UI. And of course, that fancy coffee mechanic to destroy your fatigue. And for some reason a VR announcement.

We'll be streaming on the 29th at 6:18PM GMT. You'll be able to catch the stream at: https://www.twitch.tv/Fabricant

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 6

3 Gallows posts this year, which marks a 25% decrease since 2019, and an infinite% increase since 2020

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madnath said:

There's been a lot of big things this year, from the combat update to Retrograde's retirement. Fixing rolling rank 5 affinities twice and dodgy Chaos artifact renames, praying skilling changes, and overhauling animal husbandry and further tweaks and improvements to the new UI. And of course, that fancy coffee mechanic...

I dislike how these all seem to be positive things 

Except, you know, that one...

3 minutes ago, Archaed said:

I dislike how these all seem to be positive things 

Except, you know, that one...

yeah the fact that they removed 736f91957a52be2285e4ca2634d9a355.png is awful i agree

11 hours ago, Stanlee said:

3 Gallows posts this year, which marks a 25% decrease since 2019, and an infinite% increase since 2020

yea, but then some were allowed back.. 

I'd like to say that the "Donkey" update was pretty cute and It gives new players a way to get around pretty easily. :)

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, ChampagneDragon said:

yea, but then some were allowed back.. 

Your saying perma/account bans was allowed back ?

I feel people are holding back. You can be as spicy as you wish in your opinions. I will read it. Still upset about one particular update? Vent your frustrations here and we can chat about it through live video for online.

Reminder that this is not limited to only updates. We plan on covering events and other happenings through the year. Got an event you enjoyed and want to make sure we mention it? Post about it here. Please.

1 hour ago, Fabricant said:

I feel people are holding back. You can be as spicy as you wish in your opinions. I will read it. Still upset about one particular update? Vent your frustrations here and we can chat about it through live video for online.

Reminder that this is not limited to only updates. We plan on covering events and other happenings through the year. Got an event you enjoyed and want to make sure we mention it? Post about it here. Please.

Nice Shark avatar 

This is a tiny quality-of-life improvement that I've grown more and more fond of every time I use it:

New: Added the ability to drag and drop equipment onto animals, and an option to quickly unequip animals.

I've come to appreciate the combat changes - if only for the fact that it was an enormous UX improvement of what was already there, but generally inscrutable.

I know there was a world of garment rending and gnashing of teeth over the AH changes, but I've really enjoyed them.  For me personally, it's given new life to AH because I finally have to admit I can't possibly maintain four-speed and four-draft horses across all 13 colors and can finally give up that dream and focus on the colors I like best.  Not to mention I can finally breed cattle and sheep for traits I find useful, specificallY: spark + slow metabolism + graceful eater.  And the rare traits have been a breath of fresh air - the occasional immortal is nice but my word have you seen how blazingly fast a four-speed horse with the 'unbelievably fast' trait is?  Unreal.

And best of all - I LOVE ALL MY CHONKY BOIS

5uXeg3c.png

Edited by Sidereal
  • Like 5

Also, can we talk about the SEAS OF BLOOD during the Halloween event?  I feel like this was a change that many disliked but some loved and I was firmly in the 'love' camp.

e4lkuJZ.png

• Like 4

Can we talk about VR Wurm Online for Steam please.

1 hour ago, Emoo said:

Can we talk about VR Wurm Online for Steam please.

We touched on it, but really because we know nothing about it, it just boiled down to what Budda said. Which was just "Hahahahhaha"

• Like 3

The seas of blood took me for a loop. At first, I thought something was wrong with my computer and that the game didn't load properly. I almost reloaded. Almost.

One thing that the seas of blood made me realize is how dependent we are on the way the world looks. This goes especially for the calming quality of the water being mostly blue. Sitting by the sea and trying to relax when looking at blood red water didn't let me relax at all. Can you imagine if the seas and water IRL were red? Our world would look so different... It would make us feel different too.