bigtree

Toolbelt not saving

I've noticed a few times now.

I make my change,

Right-click> save toolbelt.

When I relog the change reverts. 

5735979ee7ccaa3a32e90c0d847c8d38.png

tl;dr make sure your profile (in this case it's called "zz") isn't read-only

Proper exit from the game is INSANELY IMPORTANT, the game doesn't seem to save anything if you do not exit from the client normally...  alt+f4/killing client process etc.. or hanging process etc.. whatever unusual exit or still running process will cause you issues, it's annoying but one of the 2 is causing you troubles, rest is up to you to figure which is your case. 

Edited by Finnn

17 hours ago, Finnn said:

Proper exit from the game is INSANELY IMPORTANT, the game doesn't seem to save anything if you do not exit from the client normally

i bolded, italicized, and underlined anything because that is literal under Windows. when the client launches it keeps some of these files in memory, and when it crashes, the computer thinks its still being used. this includes configuration files. Being as im not a dev i cant comment as to if it would be acceptable to verify the entire wurm directory is readable/writable or not, however i think that both the configs folder(and all files within) and the player folder(same) should both be set to read/write before Launching the game.

and before doing any testing of settings to attempt to track a bug your fighting down. :P❤️