Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

Vanishing Secured Wine Barrels

I was having a nose around an abandoned deed and there were 2 secured sealed wine barrels, so I made a small barrel, unsealed one of the wine barrels and dragged the contents to the small barrel.

Turned around, put the small barrel on the wagon and sealed it, turned back and it took a few seconds to register that the first wine barrel had vanished. Odd but I just thought it was a glitch and the wine barrel would reappear. I don't think the wine barrel had any damage.

Made a second small barrel, opened the 2nd secured sealed wine barrel and dragged the contents over, again put it on the wagon and sealed it, turned around and the second wine barrel was still there.

Made a third small barrel and transferred contents from a nearby large tub, put it on the wagon etc.

Poked around the abandoned deed for a few hours, came back to the wagon and realised that the second secured wine barrel had vanished like the first, relogged to see if they would reappear, they didn't, relogged for lotime and still didn't reappear.

Asked in CAchat  if there was a known bug with vanishing barrels, GM came over and checked the area out, suggested making a bug report and checking event logs for a 'crumbled to dust' event - which I'm doing next.

Edited by Hailiah
correction

Chat logs, shows no damage to the secured wine barrels. The first barrel I emptied was the wort one.

[21:19:18] A small, carefully crafted wooden barrel which can be used for fermenting liquids. The sealed small wine barrel [wort with lots of hops] has been firmly secured to the ground by Shizno. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.hi...'. Ql: 20.5557, Dam: 0.0.
[21:19:18]  It could be improved with a log.
[21:19:36] A small, carefully crafted wooden barrel which can be used for fermenting liquids. The sealed small wine barrel [undistilled moonshine] has been firmly secured to the ground by Shizno. Ql: 16.9935, Dam: 0.0.
[21:19:36]  It could be improved with a log.

I cant see a 'crumbles to dust' event for the two wine barrels.

If these are in fact my barrels from my old deed then this would not be the first time this happened. I posted about my barrels decaying into dust after opening them a while ago. I think it has to do with damage ticks building up over time and sitting dormant until you open it then they all hit at once. I even have footage of it in the original post. 

Here's the video. I can't time stamp it. Go to 9:35 it happens to one of the barrels that I just recently opened. These are the same batch of barrels you must have found, I made hundreds of them. This issue was posted years ago and seems to not have been fixed.

Edited by Shiznoe