Sign in to follow this  
BDCKoolaid

In Game Hotkey Bug

I'm going to do my best to explain this bug and the approaches I've tried so far to remedy it.

This bug started about a month ago when I noticed I was dropping every item in my inventory that I moused over. I quickly realized that somehow I had a key bound to the "drop" action and it was spamming drop repeatedly.

However, when I went to see what key was bound to it, I saw something similar to this more recent example:

8Vr9GJ5.png

Now for some additional context:

1) With quick keybinds turned on, any time I open the right click menu and mouse over an action, this keybind will automatically start attempting to bind. (Seemingly even with my mouse and keyboard both unplugged) (Hard to test still with them both unplugged lol)

2) Even without quick keybinds on, when I first log into the game, either immediately or shortly thereafter, the game will automatically bind this strange keybind to a seemingly random action and once again begin spamming it. For example, on most recent login, when trying to lead a horse (this is with quick keybinds off), it bound itself to the "stop leading" action, and began spamming stop leading continuously. I've had similar run ins with it binding itself to "track" "open" "repair" and other actions, all with quick keybinds turned off and no console input from me. It also spams these actions continuously.

3) Every relog seems to refresh it and it will bind to another action. A specific action getting spammed does not persist through more than one login session

4) I am not having this problem in any of the other games I play whatsoever, and I play several.

5) While this keybinding/spamming is going on, I can type in chat perfectly well with no issues or interruptions, so I am ruling out a stuck key on keyboard or mouse.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, as this is really hindering my ability to play the game enjoyably. Cheers! ❤️

p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

So after logging off and back on this time around, the keybind has changed from what I've shown there in the OP to this:

3vjbslZ.png

Do you have a peripheral input device? This only happened to me when I used a razor tartarus for binds 

17 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Do you have a peripheral input device? This only happened to me when I used a razor tartarus for binds 

I don't have anything other than my offbrand korean mouse and Corsair gaming keyboard.

I did change USB ports on my mouse and keyboard to see if that has any effect.

Edited by BDCKoolaid

check your macro-whatever for the keyboard.. or any other kind of automation software you have running in your system tray or processes as you run the windows... it's unrelated to wurm.. it's some macro ........ you have installed that keeps pressing things

wurm client doesnt auto change keybinds w/o you doing it.. you can reload dynamically keybind settings, but that's it

whatever you have happening is for CA thread if somebody uses something similar and is able to help/ this is most likely not game-bug related/it's also unrelated to gcg/ccab software, put your software in order