Sign in to follow this  
CalebXephrime

Password length shall be restricted during registration

Hi there,

I tried yesterday to register a new character. For the sake of security, I used a password generator with 59 characters. It had been accepted by the registration form and was created. However once I tried to login in game or via the shop, I was unable to login as it said that the password length needs to be between 5-40 characters. Thus it leave me with an useable account.

The registration from thus shall have the same limitation as the other systems to avoid this situation. Additionally I was not able yesterday to reset the password as it always said that the email is invalid. Not sure what it was, but was able to recover the password today.

14 minutes ago, CalebXephrime said:

Hi there,

I tried yesterday to register a new character. For the sake of security, I used a password generator with 59 characters. It had been accepted by the registration form and was created. However once I tried to login in game or via the shop, I was unable to login as it said that the password length needs to be between 5-40 characters. Thus it leave me with an useable account.

The registration from thus shall have the same limitation as the other systems to avoid this situation. Additionally I was not able yesterday to reset the password as it always said that the email is invalid. Not sure what it was, but was able to recover the password today.

Just a random information:

A 59 character long password is as secure as a ~20 character long password. So such a huge password length like 59 has nothing to do with being more secure.

Edited by Sklo:D

This issue is not a critic that passwords of that length are not accepted. I am fully aware about security mechanics. But if the length is accepted during the registration, it shall be accepted after as well. If you are using a generator you easily can end up in this situation with an account you cannot use anymore.