Sign in to follow this  
crimsonearth

Little Venice: a charming curated market deed on Release, I/J23

Canal-View.jpg

Welcome to Little Venice

A purpose built whole-town market on eastern Release with 25 shops and counting, all lovingly decorated with curated and themed stock inventories.

Last restocked: 25/1/22

~

What do we sell?

Things we sell incluuuude (*deep breath*) bloods, skins, potions, rares, Christmas and Halloween gifts, PMK items, dyes, armour, weapons, tools, storage solutions, cooking equipment, booze, lamps and streetlights, shoulderpads, masks, bulk supplies, fishing gear, runes, pottery, fine furnishings, carpets and rugs, arch-runed items, arch-woods, frag bundles, horses, hellies, champs and other creatures of interest and more. The whole market is self-service and inventory changes frequently, so you can shop whenever you fancy from the comfort of your knarr or park up and explore on foot.

Getting late? All suites at the Villa Venezia inn are free to use and if you fancy a bit of ambience, the Rum Runner Tavern is decorated old British pub-style so you can chill out in style.  

~

Where are we?

Release, I/J23, accessible by boat or (for the brave or those travelling light) a short swim from the western shore of the Eastern peninsula. :D (We recommend the boat so you can haul loot home). For those of you who were previously patrons of Brambleheim market just to the south, all merchants have now moved from there into even fancier lodgings at Little Venice.

Easy to reach sailing down from the north east border, up from the centre south border, through the Tarawick Canal to the west or through the Cultor Canalis to the east.

Little-Venice-Close-Map.jpg

Need more convincing? How about a little a tour?

Spoiler

LV-Panoramic-Facing-NW-Banner.jpg

Make a dedicated trip, or swing by on your way to a rift or a slaying!

Shop-by-Boat.jpg

You can shop from the comfort of your knarr or sailboat!

Balcony-Shopping-View.jpg

All ground-level shops have a canal-side counter or service hatch and canal-side doors.

Sail-Up-Bar.jpg

You can even pretend you're on holiday and bob along up to our sail-up bar!

Shop-on-Foot.jpg

If the novelty of shopping by boat wears off, you can also reach all shops on foot via pretty little lanes and foot bridges.

Horse-and-Creature-Market.jpg

We've got animals for sale including speed-horses and hellies, plus champs and other oddities.

There's a small off-deed loading quay on the west side of the deed behind Grover's Crescent.

Getting-Late.jpg

Getting late? Park up your boat and stick around for the night!

Stay-at-the-Inn.jpg

Our four-storey inn and tavern have free beds for the weary, a Brit-pub downstairs and a small beer garden.

It took a week to make the island, two and a half weeks to build the deed, and two months to decorate the darn thing! (But I said I'd get it open by Christmas and here we are, just about ;) )

Edited by crimsonearth
  • Like 28

Looks Amazing!  I have the week off, so make take a trip over to visit!

• Like 1

What a delightful market, what an amazing owner. Congratulations Crimson  😊

• Like 1

Your market is amazing Crimson :) so much detail and so much to buy. it was sure worth coming :)

• Like 1

Just now, Rowina said:

Your market is amazing Crimson :) so much detail and so much to buy. it was sure worth coming :)

32 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

What a delightful market, what an amazing owner. Congratulations Crimson  😊

5 hours ago, Mitzie said:

Looks Amazing!  I have the week off, so make take a trip over to visit!

5 hours ago, Amantnovi said:

This looks amazing!!!!!!!

🥰

❤️❤️❤️ 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

It really does look awesome and I will be coming for a visit soon! 

• Like 1

Congratulations Crimsonearth, i've been sailing past a couple of times as You were building. Looked interesting the first time, sailed around it the second time and by then i knew you were close to open :) . Will surely come visit shortly.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has visited and shopped so far. It's been a cracking first week! ^_^

More skins and runes added, we're running a little lower on some potions and bloods than I'd like but will get them stocked up as soon as possible.

oh oh oh! need to visit! need more hours in the day, pls, do you sell those? :P

• Like 2

I came across this amazing place completely by chance and was so inspired that I had to look it up on the forums, finding my way to this thread!

The island was so marvelous that I couldn't help but investigate every inch of it. Absolutely loved my visit and warmly recommend you all check it out! As someone who really appreciates an immersive and authentic medieval look, you really nailed it Crimsonearth! Loved all the attention to detail, the coziness, how the canals were set up to make for convenient shopping, the funny shop names, the rune shop explaining how all the runes are used. And just overall, how beautiful the end result is! I'm so inspired! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Malena said:

I came across this amazing place completely by chance and was so inspired that I had to look it up on the forums, finding my way to this thread!

The island was so marvelous that I couldn't help but investigate every inch of it. Absolutely loved my visit and warmly recommend you all check it out! As someone who really appreciates an immersive and authentic medieval look, you really nailed it Crimsonearth! Loved all the attention to detail, the coziness, how the canals were set up to make for convenient shopping, the funny shop names, the rune shop explaining how all the runes are used. And just overall, how beautiful the end result is! I'm so inspired! 

Thank you Malena; what a lovely review! It was a labour of love for sure; I'm so pleased it's being enjoyed! ❤️

• Like 2

Me :" I don't care that the Scouts are busy get one over there as soon as possible"

Scout Captain: " Yes My Lord"......  rolls eyes to wurm skies....

Me: "Actually wait... this is of great importance.... I shall personally visit, is the ship ready?"

Scout Captain: "No my Lord"

Me: "oh.... pants , well i will have to take the sail boat.Is that sea worthy?"

Scout Captain "Oh yes my Lord, totally sea worthy" .. Cough.

Hope to visit soon

• Like 4

It is a nice deed. I personally found it slightly annoying (for me) that there wasn't at least one tile outside the canal shops or at low water level to traverse and ended up having to swim more than I wanted to but it was well thought out and interesting. I assume the depth was made so any boat other than knarr, sail or rowboat could access the canals. I enjoyed the decor and see a lot of time was put into this.

Edited by Bramson

1 hour ago, Bramson said:

I personally found it slightly annoying (for me) that there wasn't at least one tile outside the canal shops or at low water level to traverse and ended up having to swim more than I wanted to

Hello! Yes, the water is set at a depth that all boats can pass, though the side slopes of the canals are such that unless you're close to your encumbrance you should be able to scale them walking normally without having to climb if you do need to hop out of your boat on the canal side. The intention, though, is that for people shopping by boat they don't need to leave their boats at all (all ground floor merchants can be interacted with from outside through the balconies whilst still in a knarr, sailboat or rowboat) or to park up by one of the 'back' streets or alleys and shop on foot via the street level doors and foot bridges. I can certainly see that hopping in and out of your boat at each door is not likely to have been the best of either intended experience. :) Unfortunately if the sides are too shallow, even knarrs will struggle to traverse a three-tile wide canal without getting stuck a lot.

Thank you for visiting and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the decor - viva la decorated deeds, I say! ^_^ 

Very nice deed for sure :) I did finally get to visit, but silly me parked my boat and went off on foot to explore the shops, forgetting I was leading my horse. So the very first footbridge I went over ate the horse (she fell through it and down to get stuck in a wall where I couldn't reach her) so I had to bother a GM to come and save her lol, 

Will come again another day and try that explore again, just won't bring my horsey with me this time  :D

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Tilda said:

Very nice deed for sure :) I did finally get to visit, but silly me parked my boat and went off on foot to explore the shops, forgetting I was leading my horse. So the very first footbridge I went over ate the horse (she fell through it and down to get stuck in a wall where I couldn't reach her) so I had to bother a GM to come and save her lol, 

Will come again another day and try that explore again, just won't bring my horsey with me this time  :D

Oh poop, I'm sorry about your poor horsey but glad you got her back okay. Leading is enabled and most doors are unlocked, but there are a few inaccessible spots so I'm sorry she got wedged in one of them! :D Thanks for visiting; hopefully the next time won't need a GM! ❤️ 

• Like 1

PMK, Bulk, Rune and Bloods shops restocked!

Thanks so much to all our visitors so far! ❤️

Gift shop, arch shops and rares shops restocked (bulks top-up coming soon)! Drop on by while you're getting your Holy Crop top up today! ❤️

Edited by crimsonearth

Such an amazing place. I've been there a couple of times already and each time discovered something new. Such a fun place to shop at and the theming is amazing. Highly recommended. 

• Like 1

[16:18:57] You leave Little Venice.

Wow, that is really nice place :)  best marketplace ive ever been, lovely decorations and whole idea looks impressive

• Like 1

My continued thanks to everyone who comes to visit! Every week I pop over to do a little restock and a happy dance when I come back with pockets of silver. :D I'm super pleased folks are enjoying the aesthetics too; it took... some hours, and I'm really enjoying the upsurge in in-game markets again - I am visiting them all! :D 

On that note: skins, PMK shop, rareshop and giftshop all restocked today. I'm aware the furnitureshop and bulks shop both need some restocking and will get to that as soon as I can! ❤️ 

Edited by crimsonearth