Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 21-Dec-2021

• New: New stone textures are now available!
    • Stone altars, benches, brazier pillars, coffins, fireplaces, forges, all fountains, graves, kilns, ovens, smelters, spirit castles and cottages, and wells are now  able to be crafted from different materials for a whole new look.
    • Materials include Stone, Marble, Pottery Brick, Rendered, Rounded, Sandstone and Slate
    • Not all materials can be used with all items. For example: forges, kilns, ovens, and smelters cannot be marble.
    • Pottery stone type items from the list above will be improvable with clay and stone chisel.
    • unfinished smelters and kilns will become the stone variety when finished and require stone items to complete
  • Change: Changes to pottery planters:
    • Pottery planters will now grow properly when placed on surfaces.
    • Pottery planters now show “harvestable” status in the name regardless of where they are placed.
    • Contents of pottery planters will wither and die over a period of a few days if placed anywhere they can’t grow, such as inside containers. They will not wither when held inside player inventories or backpacks, to prevent them withering while being relocated.
  • Bugfix: Wax sealing kits will more precisely track their quality level and damage when sealing and unsealing items, and damage taken when unsealing is now modified by the sealing kit’s effective quality, as with most other tool damage.
  • Bugfix: Cave exit tiles will now have the proper name and walking speed when reinforced or paved.
  • Bugfix: Lockpicking event message will now tell you that you are too far away at the start of a lockpicking action instead of only at the end.
  • Bugfix: Priests of Fo (animals) and Libila (monsters) will now update the attitude(the outline when you hover them) of creatures around you when you gain or lose the effect at 60+ faith and 30+ favor.
  • Bugfix: Examine text and the Inspect Animal window will no longer give breeding cooldown information for creature types that cannot be bred, such as chickens, mules, and foals.
  • Bugfix: Artifacts within a village that are part of a starter area on Defiance will no longer take multiple decay ticks in 1 hour.
  • Change: Players will now stop leading creatures when they are close to the server border and receive the “You will soon leave this island, and end up on (New Server Name).” message.
  • Bugfix: Fixed overlapping text and signature/button placement problems in inscription windows.
  • Bugfix: Toolbar slots should now align correctly with mouse position.
  • Bugfix: The crafting window’s result icon hover area for item name tooltip is now aligned properly in the new UI.
  • Bugfix: Fixed village recruitment board window formatting.
  • Bugfix: Keybind for Inspect Animal will now work correctly.
  • Like 8

Noooo noooo!  Now the deed will never be finished!  I'm blaming Retro!

On serious note, I'm looking forward to seeing how amazing the deeds will be with all the new stone decor.

Question - on the herbs inside of containers, the planter rack is a container so how does that work?  (I probably haven't had enough coffee to get this atm, forgive me for a dumb question.)

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

I usually relocate them 12 per small cart, so I hope it’s timed death and not random chances. 

weee, this is good timing :)

As a thought will the type of stone matter for what a given forge/oven/smelter/kiln be useful for since they are based off metals instead of how wood works i'd assume there may be some difference between stone types?

Edited by Blacklotus

I think the wording of the pottery planter change is giving me heart palpitations. Any chance we can get a bit of clarification on what it means?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Contents of pottery planters will wither and die over a period of a few days if placed anywhere they can’t grow, such as inside containers.

Could you please provide a list of places where they can or cannot grow rather than a single example of where they cannot?

• Like 3

I found it expressed fairly clearly:

Pottery planters will now grow properly when placed on surfaces.

Not sure about, but I mean a planter placed on a table, or elsewhere than on ground or in rack, caused troubles before. Especially in containers it just stopped updating, even if those containers were lit ovens and forges. That was unpleasant as a planter with something in it stops being harvestable for up to two days or bit more before being empty, thus defying replanting.

If I understood the change right, you may now drop planters with something in them e.g into large chests where they will wither. On tables or cupboards they will behave like on ground or in rack.

@Keenan, @DemonaNightshade please confirm or correct if you find time for.

For clarification regarding pottery planters:

1 hour ago, PandyLynn said:

Question - on the herbs inside of containers, the planter rack is a container so how does that work?  (I probably haven't had enough coffee to get this atm, forgive me for a dumb question.)

Don't worry, planter racks still function the way they used to! They were not affected by this change.

1 hour ago, LionIX said:

I usually relocate them 12 per small cart, so I hope it’s timed death and not random chances. 

It's timed. There's a bit of a random factor in how much it withers with each ageing tick, but if the planter is old enough to be picked, it should take multiple days in the cart for it to completely die off. Even if it takes an ageing tick or two while in the cart, as long as the plant is still alive, it will grow back to a normal, harvestable state once it's somewhere it can grow.

48 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Could you please provide a list of places where they can or cannot grow rather than a single example of where they cannot?

As of now, planters can grow:

• On the ground
  • In planter racks
  • When placed on top of another object, such as a table.

If the planter is on your person (your inventory, a container in your inventory, a worn item like a backpack or satchel), it will neither wither nor age. Its age will be frozen. This is mostly to prevent them from withering while you're relocating them. This is the same as how they used to behave while in containers.

When inside literally anything else (a cart, a chest on the ground, a forge, a backpack on the ground), they will wither and die over the span of a few days.

36 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I found it expressed fairly clearly:

Not sure about, but I mean a planter placed on a table, or elsewhere than on ground or in rack, caused troubles before. Especially in containers it just stopped updating, even if those containers were lit ovens and forges. That was unpleasant as a planter with something in it stops being harvestable for up to two days or bit more before being empty, thus defying replanting.

If I understood the change right, you may now drop planters with something in them e.g into large chests where they will wither. On tables or cupboards they will behave like on ground or in rack.

@Keenan, @DemonaNightshade please confirm or correct if you find time for.

Yes, dropping them into something like a chest or cart will cause them to wither away and die, letting you plant something else in them. However, it may take a few days for them to do so, so it may not be a convenient way to "unplant" them.

And yes, when placed on a table or a cupboard they will now act the same as they do in a rack or on the ground.

• Like 6

Amazing news on the new variations! Leading animals near server borders may still be an issue for the ultimate hermits living on the islands that are right on the borders - and maybe leading horses on South of Exo where the mountain protruding maybe to the area where the "you will leave" message is shown (not sure will need to check). For convenience it would be great if the behaviour could be toggled. I have never had issues with horses lost at border crossing but will be more pain to make sure I'm sailing far enough. Also how will it be possible to salvage the animals swimming at the border area now?

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Would be nice if swimming (land based) animals like horses and donkeys and bears naturally gravitated towards land instead of swimming or at least go towards land if they're left at sea.

• Like 2

The tool belt fix has made the tool belt number to become really really small and unreadable when you toggle the size to the smaller size. (On 80% UI scale and 125% text size in 2k resolution)

As well, when you have a container on the tool belt and you place items in the container, the number that indicates how many items are in the container is even smaller. When using an inventory group on the toolbelt, it is white when it is empty, but turns gray when it contains items. This makes the number even harder to read

TkM3HOo.png

TY so much for the toolbelt fix, sans the issues McGarnicle mentions above.  The belt has been driving me nuts for quite some time now.  I will be trying it out shortly.

Edited by Wurmhole

29 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

The tool belt fix has made the tool belt number to become really really small and unreadable when you toggle the size to the smaller size. (On 80% UI scale and 125% text size in 2k resolution)

As well, when you have a container on the tool belt and you place items in the container, the number that indicates how many items are in the container is even smaller. When using an inventory group on the toolbelt, it is white when it is empty, but turns gray when it contains items. This makes the number even harder to read

TkM3HOo.png

I agree that does look small in that screenshot. What resolution and UI scaling options are you using there?

36 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I agree that does look small in that screenshot. What resolution and UI scaling options are you using there?

I mentioned it in the post:

1 hour ago, McGarnicle said:

(On 80% UI scale and 125% text size in 2k resolution)

I just got ingame, grabbed myself some clay to start rendering my well and mailbox as you do with everything that was able to be rendered before.

The option didn't show up, tried it on everything I have on my deed, no option for it.

Why did this get added to the crafting menu when that's not how rendering works in this game?

Edited by Timoca
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

56 minutes ago, Talios said:

The update appears to have messed up the graphics for the runes. They were beautiful and would hate for them to get lost.

Good Rune Graphics

Bad Rune Graphics

Thanks for the report! This was unintended and will be fixed with a graphics pack update on Thursday the 23rd. No other items have been affected as far as we can tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Timoca said:

I just got ingame, grabbed myself some clay to start rendering my well and mailbox as you do with everything that was able to be rendered before.

The option didn't show up, tried it on everything I have on my deed, no option for it.

Why did this get added to the crafting menu when that's not how rendering works in this game?

+1

Personally I'm super duper ZUPER hyped about the new stone stuff! I can hardly wait to go nuts with those! Beautiful work Saroman and gang!

Also really happy that the Inspect keybind is finally working. As someone who inspects their animals on a daily basis, this will make life so much easier! 

Also, a wee tidbit that seems to be missing from the patch notes is that we finally have proper icons for the Christmas thing-a-ma-jigs! For years now, our cute xmas decos have been left in the cold with no icon. But no more! 

If there are any Xmas items missing from the list that has a question mark still, please let us know!

XmasIcons.jpg

In general, all the other question mark placeholders will be gradually replaced with proper icons over the next year, so worry not!

Happy holidays friends!

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Thanks for the report! This was unintended and will be fixed with a graphics pack update on Thursday the 23rd. No other items have been affected as far as we can tell.

At least now I know runes have real cool models. Never tried to drop them ever 😮

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

6 hours ago, Timoca said:

this is just a guess, as I don't have the actual answer, but considering it seems they made the older unfinished items stay as stone, most likely the 'old' stone mailboxes and wells won't have the option but new ones would?   *edited below*

that's my (possibly incorrect) interpretation of this note:

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:

unfinished smelters and kilns will become the stone variety when finished and require stone items to complete

*update*

ok, I'm wrong lol; I just got into game and it seems the new rendered items are specifically created that way, not rendering them after creating stone items

NimNzG1.png

Edited by Lisabet
managed to get in after updating files lol

Really liking the new stone stuff!

Are there more upgrades planned? Marble WL./Slate BL Collossus would be awesome, as would having actual stone stair options for houses!

Just reposting this I think this deserves attention as well as icons in the inventory.. just saying 😑 please see post below

Edited by RavenLure
did not get whole quote

6 hours ago, Timoca said:

Sign in to follow this