Sign in to follow this  
Amantnovi

A White Christmas...

I do believe that Wurm winter will be ending within the next day or so. I got a bit excited thinking that I figured out a work around for keeping snow on the ground until Christmas.❄️ Stay logged into Wurm for the week. But then I remembered...Tuesday Mornings. 

My super awesome plan is not so super awesome after all. Can I plead to the Wurm Gods for just a bit more winter? Do they listen to my puny wishes? Sigh.🎄 Build those snowmen now, Wurmians!☃️

• Like 4

they should have a yearly winter update starting a week before christmas and ending a few days after new year where you can have a white christmas, and maybe some decoration around the towns to celebrate this amazing time of year.

Should be able to toggle off and on since not everyione like the wurm snow :)

• Like 4

Many years ago it was only winter around Christmas in Wurm

• Like 2

Sorry, but extending a season would mess up a lot of things - not only the calendar. 

41 minutes ago, Yaga said:

Sorry, but extending a season would mess up a lot of things - not only the calendar. 

what else?

• Like 1

You don't really have to extend the season. It can work like an optional graphic for one or two days. 

• Like 2

It's been done before too. Steam launch had the dates rearranged so it'd be spring when it opened instead of winter lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Archaed said:

It's been done before too. Steam launch had the dates rearranged so it'd be spring when it opened instead of winter lol 

Jumping in time causes huge decay ticks, so not a super smart idea to do.

Having winter just client side over the christmas days would for sure be a better option. (Like it used to be)

Edited by Sklo:D

Honestly, I created this post just to say that I wish it could have been winter in Wurm on Christmas. I think in my years on Wurm I have only seen them fall together a few times. I love winter but I know many do not. It truly was more wishful thinking than a suggestion. 
Happy Holidays All. 🙂🎄☺️

They usually make it winter in game for christmas, I expect that they'll do so again this year.

48 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

They usually make it winter in game for christmas, I expect that they'll do so again this year.

Do they? Goodness, I swear I don't remember one in a while. I'm getting old! 🙃 That would be nice

Wurm Unlimited has released a mod for White Christmas. 🎄

Thats exciting!

Edited by Amantnovi
  • Like 1

-1 as snow means some of my friends can't log in during Christmas. For their sake I'd actually like snow textures to be optional or non-existent. We get yelled at by randoms every time we point out that the snow is Hell on Earth on several screens/graphics cards, but somehow the uncalled for aggressions still haven't fixed the actual problem. Strange that.

• Like 1