Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Make everything twice easer to grind

On 7/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, Deathangel said:

With more seasoned accounts being lost to history than before, the average skill is probably dropping due to loss of account transfer. More % of newer players actually have to grind instead of buying a previously-grinded account.

But that's a good thing and a big reason people wanted RMT gone, so the people who worked on skills over a long time would be lost to time as intended rather than bicycled across an endless stream of people so they never leave the game and market.

The bow out of accounts is important, it keeps things fresh and helps that stupid economy thing people love so much.

• Like 8

lets give 2x gains for 1 months every newb account to make them easy start ;)

On 12/18/2021 at 3:51 AM, Zexos said:

Reactions create more reactions. What those users did was a shut down technique.  They don't focus on the idea because the idea has caused such a massive reaction in them that they have to focus elsewhere and so they attack you personally in some manner.

I have seen this happen quite often in the forums to my self included. It's a shame really since they offer no counter argument or anything constructive just ridicule. I'm not saying that I haven't come across ideas that I just shake my head over and ask "Why?" but I simply move on to the next suggestion or at least offer a civil counter argument.

As for the OP. I have to -1 making it twice as easy. The harder an achievement is the more rewarding it is to complete it. If it's too easy then what is the point? If I was going to change anything about skills it would be to replace some useless ones like warhammer for new ones like glassblowing and taxidermy etc. Or at the very least keep the pointless ones out of the journal requirements. I recently argued about a particular grind that I found pointless for PVE journal fulfillment but on a whole the grind system as it is pretty much works for me.

• Like 1

I do not buy that accusation, much less when proponents complain about "bullying" or "being hated" (and yes, there was the case of Darnok whose arrogant and penetrant conduct in fact aroused personal attacs, unwisely of course). There may be a few indeed reacting that immaturely, but normally not the proponent, but an ill devised proposal is criticized or rejected. Some are so commonplace rejectable that critics are tired to argue the umptiest time against.

Among the proposals I always reject, raising skill gain is one. Others are

• Server "consolidation" aka deletion and forced resettlement
  • Lockpicking other than own locks in PvE
  • Automatic terraforming ("erosion")

I could think about a few more. One may accuse me of "shut down technique", but so what, why repeating the same arguments ever again. If someone feels so strong a point in her proposal, she is of course entitled to publish it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Among the proposals I always reject, raising skill gain is one. Others are

• Server "consolidation" aka deletion and forced resettlement
  • Lockpicking other than own locks in PvE
  • Automatic terraforming ("erosion")

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Those will ALWAYS get a downvote from me, and I'm not obliged to give my reasoning again, for the umpteenth time.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Madnath said:

But that's a good thing and a big reason people wanted RMT gone, so the people who worked on skills over a long time would be lost to time as intended rather than bicycled across an endless stream of people so they never leave the game and market.

The bow out of accounts is important, it keeps things fresh and helps that stupid economy thing people love so much.