Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Make everything twice easer to grind

Since we had suggestions to not make game even easer for macroers and bot users and not make time spent on grind skills deprecated, but "all" guys hated it and disagreed with the suggestions, and pretend to be not personal hate, so I reasonably suggest make every single skill twice easer to grind, and if these guys are not hypocrites then they are up for it.
If not, I would like to suggest to ban the guys on the forum for trolling and throwing insults like i'm care only about myself and such stuff.

Edited by Nelsy

I explained. I suggested in other threads completly opposite things and you bullyed me, but now you just do the same. So literally it means it does not matter what I suggest and your "opinions" under these posts means nothing more than trolling. It just points how your dissagre are illogical.  

Edited by Nelsy

But whats wrong with the current model? Does it take too long? Is there not enough ways to grind some skills?

Spend less time wasting away grinding on this game?

no way -1

no

lol

We just got somehow rid of darnok posts, how do you achieve crazy unrelated to wurm world content.. with your ideas?

If you were playing this game for at least 4 months.. you'd see what you suggest is at best a weird WU server mod/setting or completely different game with no long-term goal.

• Like 1

you already have +100 enchants pretty cheap on the market, there's sleep bonus, there's caffeine..

normal actions 100%

100coc +100%

sb + 100%

caffeine +100% sb 2nd time..

So... with 400% and additional boosts like path/faith/food/etc.. what more do you want, 10x skillgain server and no need for anything but pressing of a button?

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

But whats wrong with the current model? Does it take too long? Is there not enough ways to grind some skills?

Everything wrong. What point to grind skills now if tomorrow by some mistake it will become twice easer to grind, so all the hard time spend for it will literally get deprecated twice. if this is totatlly fine to you that cooldown based skills become wice easer now, why not just do it for all skills. I mentioned the problem, in thread on the forum made by Devs to discuss coffee changes, I mentioned the fact after coffee implemented it affected too much on cooldown based skills grind and made it become twice easer to grind, and got hated like I'm care only about myself and wanna make game even harder for some one who have no time (just look, I suggested to make game easer and look what they say). But looks like everyone ignored the fact I also mentioned I do not like they removed fatigue cost from coffee effect which is means it makes even more supreme "nolifers" (lets just use it as short term about guys who can play whole day, without any negotive, i'm am one of them so I ca say it) against casuals and it complete opposite to coffee logic which supposed to help casuals.

It so obvious that "nolifers" grind alot more than casuals, and thats why been implemented fatigue to somehow balanse it, but coffee without fatigue cost increase - only acts for nolifers like boost without any cost now. So the guys who disagreed with me about meditaion, actually stick to it because I mentioned fatigue and they used it to try make me look stupid and care only about my loses. They said like there is alot people who have no time to play and my post about coffee changes will harm them and I recieved some hate on this basement because I mentioned it become twice faster, but somehow they ignored my suggestion about fatigue return to coffee in same time. They keep talk about my person instead of my suggestions, and talk about offtopics stick to the word I used (sinse i mentioned bot users as the existiong problem). So I went from these trolls to suggestions forum section and made some suggestions there.

One of the suggest about to not remove sleepbonus effect from colldown based skills, so guys who hated me because of I "harm" casuals now have to be happy, because actually guys who have no time will get some benefits from coffe on meditaion while players who meditate whole day without missing any cooldowns will get nothing from the coffee because cooldown would doubled under coffee effect. Which is fair because coffee supposed to help casuals to spend their sleep bonus in order to be able compete better agasint nolifer, while in same time it nerfe nolifers, especially now because cooldown based grind skills are too easy for them with coffee. But this guys do not like it and send me even more hate mostly focus about me, not about my seggestions, that would actually help people who have no much time to play to compete against people who playing alot and more important against macroers and bot users. After all I got strong disagree under all suggestions I made, does not matter it helps fair players to safe their time spend or help casual palyers, and hate all of it come again from the same people who hated previous ideas. The ideas should help casuals and help people who spent tons of time on skilling by fair way and prevent their time deprecated by making skills yeaser to gind. (remember, bot users do not care bout their time spend they care about only advantage they sustain I suppose), so actually now who hated me before had to be happy because I actually suggested things that would make their gameplay easer, but I recieved hate again and they even bring some their firends to put ###### on me.

If they say like I care only about myself, and talk about it only because i feel it personal waste, and with my suggestions even make game harder for casual, but when I suggest to make game easer they just disagree with -1 and stick to my persona, and when I suggest even better, make everything easer they still unhappy. I can say why. Actually when you make everything easer, some one who spend their time on skills will actually lost their time spend and their time spent will get deprecated twice if skills become twice easer. They do not like it same as me, but they hate me when I thouch it, because they do not even want to talk about fatigue changes that I mentioned in the context and talk about other my suggestions are only way how they can discredit the whole idea by their trolling by focus on something else. Some how its ok when it happen to meditaion and other CD based skills but not ok as you see when I suggest to do the same to all skills. Also they do not like make it easer because it would means some one who got their skills to 90+, they will lose their advantage twice faster. For example for normal player it supper hard to get 80 body str or alot of 100 level skills, so they actually unhappy to make everything easer because they actually do not like the idea that the other people who have no that much time to play will catch them much faster and will be able to compete. And after all they do not like some one who have no time to play will become same strong as they, just for the twice less time cost. Also people who use bots and macros would be super unhappy with these changes because now it will be easer with your hands to get closer to their skill level, because if you play like 2h per day the fatigue rework will never affect on you, but if you played 18h per day non stop it will, thats why they unhappy with the fatigue siggestopms, because it will limit their bots possibilities.

So lets just list facts, they disagree when some one say like we should not make skills twice easer to grind after few years of server start(which is actually happened to CD based skills under coffee), they hate it and say do not make casual players feel even worse. But when you suggest things that would actually limit nolifers and give advantage to casuals, they hate it also, doesnt it dissonanse here, they do not like harm casuals but here its ok. When you suggest make life easer for everyone they hate it, in same time some how when we talk about meditation and lockpicking become twice easer and fair player lost their time spent they are fine with it. If we return fatigue cost to coffee (include intoxecation) they strongly disagree, isnt it dissonanse (they do not like make stuff easer, but here they like it somehow). If you look and read my posts you will see there is between lines "hidden" (or not much hidden) context always that we have to make Wurm free from bot users or at least make life easer for casuals to make the gameplay feels fair, I follow the line in all my suggestions and thats why they just hate me. After all if you read all my last suggestion posts and how people answer to them, you will find they do not talk about game changes, they talk about me and just literally hate or put -1 because some one ask them to do but they cant explain why they think so. 

So I suggested help casuals and keep game fair to them, in same time it will does not chage game coordinally for fair players who have alot of time even if we bring more limits to some one who play too much at most part it will affect only on bots and macroers. Second, protect people from their time spend get deprecated by making skills much easer to grind after years of server start or if you do not follow the rule, just make it much easer than now, so people will not worry thay spend thier monthes of game play, sleep bonus, and paid premium time for nothing. Because this is literally what happens if you make skill twice easer, most people who never focus on the skill will happy with that, but you make some small group of people unhappy, and suggestion to make everything easer clearly show that people do not want it but what a hell you doing it to cooldown based skills now. This is suggestion I listed in the first post, only to show how some pople just trolling, no matter what you suggest. It does not matter who I am, how i'm playing, this is suggestion thread and we have to talk about suggestions not about making suggestion looks wrong by trolling and discredit people who brings suggesting, its not political forum after all. I do not like even post bugs or suggestion of forums because it full of trolls who just make you feel waste of time. Just look at these people, they spam their messages everywhere does not matter what context, here they do not like making stuff easer, in other place same people dislike make stuff harder. This is last my message here, for the nearest future as it's a waste of time talking to these people

Edited by Nelsy

it's an mmo.. Somebody is always having more time or money than you and spend either 'currency' to get ahead "of you", if you want to compete spend either in similar amounts..

Making things 2x easier will just let the other still keep their pace ahead of you.. so.. what was your point - catching up?

As mentioned, the game already provides several easier ways to catch up to decent skill in short time periods, so, what is the problem again?

All you need to do is what everybody else did when they started from scratch with most skills at level 1.. - pick a skill and grind some.. you already have the easiest time in the game's history to catch up and probably get past others, as many have either quitted or burned out on some skill grind.

I see no problem, you have easy mode: ON.

• Like 1

if you cared about bots you would be complaining about this, people confessing to breaking the game rules abut macros for years and not getting banned for it.

I can see the OP like serious grinding on both pvp and pve server. Are u guys try to distract OP to grind in game?

Only type one sentence or question then go back to grind? And just to make OP typed all those things on the forum.

U spend times in game grind, OP spend times on forum type. Are u naughty? 💯

Yeah this is an MMO that is still being updated with content. For skillgains, for better or worse, to be unaffected with content updates would mean the game quickly becomes pretty boring pretty quick.

I'd also like to say, if you're going to take any and all posts as personal attacks, the suggestions forum likely isn't for you, because you are likely to get someone who disagrees with you.

Troll thread, but points for making me chuckle however. -1.

• Like 2

Reactions.  You flipped from one so called extreme to another.  You've just done what you said those users did to you. 

Reactions create more reactions. What those users did was a shut down technique.  They don't focus on the idea because the idea has caused such a massive reaction in them that they have to focus elsewhere and so they attack you personally in some manner.

Saw that myself on Facebook with adverts about mental health. So many people did not want to see someone talking about getting help for mental issues that they instead found something about the person in the advert to make fun of.  Then the comments and focus just shifts onto the mocking meme like insults instead of the content itself. 

Over time this can create an image of that user when they appear. They are no longer a real person but a meme that can be made fun of in different ways to shut them down.   I see you've already got some of them applied to you in this very topic by other users. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnn said:

Making things 2x easier will just let the other still keep their pace ahead of you..

This.

People who can commit to min-maxing their grind 16h/day would still have the same advantage over people who don't have the time to play as long.

Person who can play 2h/day would get effective gains of playing 4h/day

Person who can play 16h/day would get effective gains of 32h of gameplay (on multiple characters because fatigue).

This is not a catch-up mechanic to help anyone "casual" and leave "nolifers" in the dark, "nolifers" as you call them, play on multiple characters and fatigue doesn't bother us most of the time.

I don't have a better idea to even the playing field out but boosting the gains is not a solution to the issue you presented.

I'm not saying i wouldn't be happy with x2 gains, i would like that but my reasoning behind it is different. I don't care how high other player skills are or how many bricks my neighbours have hoarded. If i can get my skills 2x faster, i'm happy with that.

Everyone else gets the same though so people who are ahead of me, get further ahead then.

It would change absolutely nothing in the "help the casuals catch up" department.

Folks,

Keep the discussion civil, please.  Disagreeing is not trolling, and attacking the people rather than the ideas just leads to drama and locked threads.

Thank you.

Pandalet (LFM)

Well the problem with the skill system is not solved with more gains. It's a problem that effective grind and natural gameplay don't fall together with higher skill. If you want to fix skilling this is your point of attack in my opinion.

Edited by Radircs

On 12/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

i miss darnok at least he believed in his own inane posts

yes but no

As for the original suggestion... I've had some experience with the 5x/10x servers in WU, and I did not like the sort of players that they seemed to attract. I can't see this proposal helping WO.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 2

I think Wurm could benefit from 2x easier to grind, or some similar tweak long term.

With more seasoned accounts being lost to history than before, the average skill is probably dropping due to loss of account transfer. More % of newer players actually have to grind instead of buying a previously-grinded account.

This will cause crafting to be harder as older skilled accounts are lost and newer ones are created. 

But how to transition to an easier wurm: I think we should drive up the price of sleep powders by removing the restlessness feature and allowing uncapped use of caffeine for the ~2x gains. This would probably have positive economic effects for buying silver for sb powder. (Side note: CCFP should also refund SB while using caffeine), and encourage the use of treasure maps and mission completion to regain SB. And rifts.

-1 Completely against further dumbing down. It is in no way inacceptably hard to reach good levels for a high degree of self-sufficiency. Dumbing down would make it boring, and devaluate impalongs.

All above 70-75 is more than "a good level". There is no right to get skill 90 in a month, and 99 in three. Some grinds are easier, some harder, raising skill speed would even out these differences. And as much I hated some of those grinds, it would be a shame to destroy them. Beverages was bad enough.

I hate grinding. Hate it. I only do it when I have to, like carpentry because I want to build a big building. But I don't want to see skill-gain made easier. Absolutely 100% against this.

• Like 2

While an easy grind sounds good, it doesn't seem to have the player longevity the Wurm team is hoping for. If you want to grind quickly you may want to check out the various WU servers with increased skill gain and faster timers.

• Like 1