Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnes

Jackal Special Server Returns!?

Is what we would like to read, specially on Northern Freedom/Defiance.

What happened to this big extra content for wurm, does code club have any news they want to share with us about maybe a return of the jackal server :D?
There are many new players from steam who never got the chance to experiance it and im sure they would be really interested in exploring those lands.

On a diffrent note, I do like the idea of having the 3 main kingdoms (otherwise enemies on pvp) having to lay diffrences aside for a short event and fight together to defeat a common/larger enemy for a said time. 
Before we return to bashing the life out of each other :D
qJX3sbl.png

Edited by Nocturnes

Assuming the Exploration Update has been put on hold it would be nice to have Jackal return.  Biggest change be 1:1 skill transfer between servers.  Then there's your hunting exploration server.

• Like 2

As there are no current plans for a re-run of Jackal, I've moved this to suggestions.

Prerequisite for a Jackal revival, which I would be all in favour of, is the removal of cluster divide. A double silver currency system on Jackal, or a third silver currency there, would be a neverending can of  worms/bugs endangering account management.

6 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Prerequisite for a Jackal revival, which I would be all in favour of, is the removal of cluster divide. A double silver currency system on Jackal, or a third silver currency there, would be a neverending can of  worms/bugs endangering account management.

That would be pretty cool to have North and South clusters be able to join together on Jackal.

That new statue Jackal's Revenge they randomly added with the halloween event makes ya think..

A Jackal re-run would be an easy way to scratch the exploration itch for those of us who were very disappointed by the delay of the exploration update.  I wish I understood why it hasn't been done already. 

18 hours ago, Minnie said:

A Jackal re-run would be an easy way to scratch the exploration itch for those of us who were very disappointed by the delay of the exploration update.  I wish I understood why it hasn't been done already. 

Probably trying to avoid another Animal Husbandry scenario where the update was released in a broken state and it took months to fix. The frustration then was pretty serious and I know a few people who perma quit due to it. 

3 hours ago, elentari said:
22 hours ago, Minnie said:

Probably trying to avoid another Animal Husbandry scenario where the update was released in a broken state and it took months to fix. The frustration then was pretty serious and I know a few people who perma quit due to it. 

I meant I wish I understood why Jackal only had one run.  There's got to be a reason, possibly a good one.  My best guess would be that it's somehow related to all the issues around skillgain that happened at the time, but wtf do I know.  I just want to understand it so I can quit wondering about it and hoping they'll bring it back.

The core reason, beneath that Jackal would have needed quite some ironing out the problems and uncompleted elements of the first run like skill transfer and endgame fortress being quite rough and half done, the main reason is the existence of two distinct clusters and economies. Having players from both together would simply not work. E.g. if players can withdraw silver and cash it in on token bank this would lump both circulations together  and allow for .. interesting transactions.

Keeping them apart would require additional programming work and open for side effects and bugs on a centrally important component of the game, just for a temporary solution. I don't believe that the devs will do that. Sadly, as Jackal was indeed nice and is missed. But I am sure that there will be no revival prior to cluster merge.

Yeah Jackal has a lot of issues, primarily being once you're there it's not actually all that interesting and a lot of the mechanics just felt a pain rather than a challenge at points.

I'll never forget the rage and sales of pelts.

I'd love to see Jackal come back, but as something pretty different. But that's a lot of change, and a lot of effort for a idea that floundered over time.

• Like 1