Sign in to follow this  
Tomatoes

Town Crier

Recently it had occurred to me that Wurmians that organize events don't only use in game mechanics, however, for some events, like impalongs, we dont always have time to announce what else we are using, so for the overworked event organizer i propose the Town Crier

NPC you can buy for your deed, and all he does is repeat in local/village/alliance what you ask of him. Could be purchasable from the marks store.

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 7

This sounds like a great idea with a ton of uses!

To flesh out the idea a bit, how often should people be able to change the message? Can they be set for more than one message? And how many can be placed x distance apart?

I think that changing the message once a day would be acceptable. and i could see multiple messages if you space them out, one per hour. as for distance apart, that's a tricky one. You shouldn't have one if you don't have a deed, (obvious reasons) and if you have one it shouldn't cry further then the last tile of your perimeter.

edit: no more then 3 messages to be cried in total.

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 2

Or, add this option to the Wagoner.

+1, but RIP local chat for those in heavily deeded areas.

Could also be used to announce official news ingame, and ways of removing certain event messages perhaps.

Granted some urgent info, such as pvp raid bans, would still require an events message.

• Like 1

Should have an event board that is like the village recruitment board that can be loaded with ink, paper and pens so can be easily used for announcements.