Sign in to follow this  
Arelone

Hall of Remembrance and bequests

I have heard of a few Wurm players who have sadly passed away.  It seems to me that Wurm friends might take some comfort from a Hall of Remembrance, maybe there could be one on each server.  You would be able to place a statue or some such with your friends name on it.  Much as in real life, it is a lovely way to remember someone you may have known/played with for many many years.  

It also occurs to me that it would be good to have some way of bequesting your deed to someone if you pass away.  I am not quite sure how such a thing could be done but wonder if someone could think about this

• Like 2

If I remember right, @Niravis actually working on a unique museum that will have a wing / building dedicated to those that have passed away. In some cases, some items of the player will be displayed on the museum (such as a Longsword, armor, helmet, etc.)

Might wanna get in touch with Nirav if you want to coordinate. 

This has been suggested for years, but last I checked, Retrograde had given a hard no as far as it being a protected/game-endorsed idea. It would be great if that changed. Many players would appreciate it, no doubt.

Edited by MordosKull

40 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

This has been suggested for years, but last I checked, Retrograde had given a hard no as far as it being a protected/game-endorsed idea. It would be great if that changed. Many players would appreciate it, no doubt.

Considering some Wurmians have been playing this game for over a decade and a few have passed away, I really don't understand why you'd give it a hard no. 

I personally know a couple of players that left us too early and would like to see something dedicated to them. 

• Like 2

When our good friend Rapidron passed away a couple years ago, we made a collosus in his name on the spot where his long-time deed had stood. We then deeded the area and collectively dumped about 5 years of upkeep in it. That's one way to keep his memory alive in the game he loved.

Having a central museum isn't a bad idea, but on a server like Xanadu the sheer size of the server would probably inhibit visitors or even pilgrimages to place a statue in honor of a friend who's passed. Maybe one in each starter town so those in that area could come by and honor their friends.

• Like 1

it be great to have remembrance hall for tho wurm player who have be lost to real life health etc  because there are part wurm family 

Gm's will also rename a shrine built and protect it as part of the policy. 

I think the main reason is it allows for people to remember their neighbours and friends individually, rather than a graveyard in one spot, which feels a bit morbid imo. 

There's locations all over servers with player built memorials, and I think that's amazing, because it's in the area that player loved and lived in, rather than in a central spot. 

• Like 3